Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

Wait.......Didn't the FO do something like this when they had the #1 pick. 3 seasons later....... How did that work out?

I think that it worked out so well we do not have to worry about that position for the next 10 years. I dont get your question. Are you trying to say that we did not draft possibly the best left tackle in the NFL? Is he a bust? Do you think that the best QB is still going to be on the board at 15?

With the lack of quality for the 15 pick and no 2nd, the best option is trade down then draft a PLAYMAKER for the offense. This team is sorely devoid of offensive weapons and they need to stop drafting lineman that they can obtain in FA and start going after skill position players in the draft. The front office needs to get aggressive in building this team and stop taking the "safe" pick.

Trying to look from the FO's perspective, somehow I would not be surprised if they trade the #15 for Kevin Kolb. :puke:

Mike is not his brother Maurkice and isn't even considered a center prospect for the NFL. We can put together our O-line through free agency and later round draft picks. We need playmakers and difference makers in the early rounds.

As of right now, the surest pick for us IMO is Ingram

I'm against it. We need a skill position in round one. We need a QB, TE or RB ... maybe a WR in the first round whether that's at 15 or we trade down.

I'm sure what ever we do or whoever we pick, 75% of the board won't agree with it. I honestly don't care what we do, I hope they pick smart though. Its a crap shoot.

Every year we sit here and say, we should take this guy if hes up. And usually the pick comes out of left field. So I think i'll just sit back and hope that who ever we pick works out for the best.

I'd like to add a guy like AJ Green or Julio Jones with the pick if either is still there. Skill position and just freakish players. I like Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace but I think added a good young WR is essential. Marshall, Jones/Green on the outside and Bess in the slot. Hartline getting his looks too in a more spread out offense. Maybe keep 6 WRs. One can dream.

with 3 consecutive Pro Bowls
and what is looking like a a hall of fame carrers

just saying
Yes and the Falcons who were in as bad a shape as we were after 2007 made the play offs as the #1 seed with Matt Ryan, who is also a Pro Bowl QB. Just saying

id rather get a guard in free agency but pouncey will be a really good guard in the nfl if we can trade down a four or five spots and pick up a second I say go for it.

Yes and the Falcons who were in as bad a shape as we were after 2007 made the play offs as the #1 seed with Matt Ryan, who is also a Pro Bowl QB. Just saying
Take the Michigan Avy out of your avy spot. your fanhood has been pulled as a Michigan fan. You have seen 7 straight years of greatness out of jake long and u trash him and say we should have taken a middle of the pack quarterback
Ryan was good but he proved in his playoff game that he is just good not great while jake is great

Trade down!

Mike Pouncey is not Center material, Guard at best...... should just pick up Logan Mankins or re-sign Incognito, not to mention John Jerry looks very promising just had some illness last season.

Pouncey is not as good as his brother that is with Pittsburgh, not by far. We learned that with Jerry, not even close to the talent his brother has. I know, he was sick but forget about that, it was not so tragic that he could not play further. Jerry has no good punch and cannot move anyone, including himself. Its sad just to watch the guy attempt to move around out there.

With Jerry all you saw was meek effort at the NFL level and dozens of dozens of mistakes. Our main problem was our backups were not good enough to step in and REPLACE the starters that were injured, thats where the problem was in our Oline. Add to that the ineffectiveness of Jerry and Carey this year and we ran an offense with basically no right side of an offensive line.

Not totally against it.

A solid O-line could make our entire running game an 'impact player' so while it's not a super sexy pick it does improve the offense. Get the running game going and it's going to open up the passing game and then all of a sudden the offense starts moving and looking good... kinda like two seasons ago when Henne and offense were putting up points and there was hope.

If the O-line is a repeat of this season, drafting Ingram isn't going to do much good if he has nowhere to run. Then everybody screams he is a bust and many lame posts are posted at finheaven.

trade down. get pouncey & wisniewski. they won't take a qb, no time to develop him. rbs & wrs are useless if you can't block.

trade down. get pouncey & wisniewski. they won't take a qb, no time to develop him. rbs & wrs are useless if you can't block.

I could definitely see this happening.

I would like to see them trade down in the first to recoup a 2nd. They could then draft a TE, Kyle Rudolph from Notre Dame, then use the 2nd round pick on a RB, WR or OL. Doesn't matter to me which as long as it's the #1 rated player on their board at the time as all 3 positions need to be upgraded.

I just think it's to early to put your hopes into certain players to key in the draft. Who knows what we will need if a new CBA is signed and we can bring in 1 or 2 quality FA's before the draft. It's just to early to tell.

If he can help our running game and pass blocking and be as good as his brother than NO i don't mind. I think we can get alot of what we need in FA and in later rounds in the draft. If we do go for him trade back and get a 2nd as well.

Back
Top Bottom