Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

Basically, outside of a Punter, Kicker, or another DL, you couldn't do much worse than going with a Guard or Center in the 1st.

I disagree with this statement. The Dolphins have to face Vince Wilfork twice a year. This team needs an elite center who can take him one on one. Look at the Jets, they drafted Mangold specifically for that job. The FO went after Grove in '09 because he could handle that job. It's no surprise this team's rushing attack was potent with him in the line up. Unfortunately he was injury prone and the team cut ties. If you want to win the division you have to beat the Patriots, plain and simple. To do that, you need the right personnel to match up with their best players.

Did we lose this season to the Pats because we were dominated by Wilfork, or did we lose because our QB sucks, we don't have explosive players at the skill positions, and our OC was a ding dong? If you answered "the latter," you'd be correct.

Did we lose this season to the Pats because we were dominated by Wilfork, or did we lose because our QB sucks, we don't have explosive players at the skill positions, and our OC was a ding dong? If you answered "the latter," you'd be correct.

I'd say all are correct. Last year they were a rushing team that couldn't run the football. When you can't do your primary job then everything falls apart.

Locker and Mallett or Newton will likely be there, but you guys need to stop being such *******. If you rate Gabbert and/or Newton a franchise QB, go ****ing get him. If you trade up to #6, there's a great chance that either Newton or Gabbert will be there. Have you all seen the list of FA interior lineman - assuming they get it together with the CBA, and if they don't, none of this matters anyway? Spending a 1st on Pouncey or Wis (though he's MUCH better) would be just about enough to make quit on this team. If they're dumb enough to draft an interior lineman in the 1st, it's hopeless. Also, the 1st is LOADED on D. If we don't draft a QB, which would be stupid as hell, they could at least make our D really nasty. And, Ingram would be the Much better pick. Basically, outside of a Punter, Kicker, or another DL, you couldn't do much worse than going with a Guard or Center in the 1st.

I have just read your post 3 times, & I have no idea what you have typed!

Not being rude, it's just that it didnt make any sense to me.

I honestly think that the Cards, Vikes, 49ers & possiblt the Bills will all take a qb in the 1st. The titans who I think draft ahead of us, are also after a qb.

FA may change all that, but ATM, thats what I see.

Back
Top Bottom