Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

Depends on who else is there. If Julio Jones was there, for example, I'd rather have him. But assuming no one slid to us as a gift, I wouldn't be necessarily against the pick, but I wouldn't be dancing around the living room either.

Depends on who else is there. If Julio Jones was there, for example, I'd rather have him. But assuming no one slid to us as a gift, I wouldn't be necessarily against the pick, but I wouldn't be dancing around the living room either.

Pouncy's a reach at 15. Besides Julio Jones, there would be/should be a lot of other players there who would fill needs and represent way better value. The obvious would be any of the top 4 QBs, then Mark Ingram of course, then you've got guys like Paea, Von Miller, Ayers, Kerrigan, any of the top OTs (Solder/Castanso/Carimi) would also be better than Pouncey.

Isn't the 1st round very high for a centre generally speaking?
Depends on how you look at it.

Too many people get wrapped up in the whole you can draft these positions but not those positions when the truth is you should be drafting for the needs of your team regardless of what draft number it is. If the team need a certain position and they are available, get the guy and make your team better.

What is better, picking up any 'ol QB that happens to be available or picking a player that will improve your team?

I know the short sighted kids who can't get past we need a QB will never see it that way but they also fail to see the big picture. Even Marino who many here think was the greatest QB ever, never won a Super Bowl. QB isn't the only position on the team and even having the greatest ever doesn't guarantee you jack. But they will whine ***** and moan about it and they will also whine ***** and moan when that QB doesn't work out.

Not saying Pouncey should be picked at #15 but the team needs to draft a player that will improve the team and not just pick a sexy glamor position or reach for a QB who probably won't amount to much.

Interesting question.

I don't watch college football much so I have no idea of his skill level, but if he's worthy of being selected @15, then yes, I could live with that. I'd rather sell out and get Gabbert based on what I hear about him. The Jets traded up to #5 to get Sanchez, so it can be done; however, IMO, this regime most likely won't pick a QB in the first round because they're gonna do whatever they can to save their tails. Whoever the pick is, I sincerely hope it's an impact offensive player.

I hope they go after Vince Young and draft either an OL or WR if they're worthy of a #15 pick.

Pouncey is a G at the NFL, as a Nole fan it was funny to watch his shotgun snaps. Can't deny that hes a perfect G for this power run running game.
Pouncey at 15 is too high, trade back around 25-30 and Pouncey is good get. Bonus would be the extra pick(2nd)

No I wouldn't be upset with it at all their are other players i would prefer but I think it would be a good pick

Pouncey is a G; he did not do well playing as C, and that's why some people don't think he'd be a good pick. To sum up, he's a G and worse than his brother, i would rather look other way for our first rounder.

well the consensus among scouts seem to be that Pouncey is a first round lock. He may not be a Center, but he would be a good compliment to Jerry and (Incognito) on the interior line.

I know everyone wants an impact player and are tired of "cornfed linemen", but center is a vitally important cog on a team. Pouncey could solidify that position much like his brother did in Pittsburgh. A good line can make all your other pieces on offense more potent.

I'd rather take Pouncey at 15 than Mark Ingram, personally.

We need a RB more than a C so yes I would be against it especially since we have no second round pick

Umm,

Pouncey won't be a C in the NFL because he has a lot of issues playing that position, he's strictly a guard.

I like the pick, but 15 is too high. If we can trade back in to the mid 20's and get a 2nd no problem with it at all.

Too high for a center, unless he's the next Langer or Stephenson. I think if Gabbert is there at 15, they give him a hard look. But remember, even though the Bi-Fecta (JI & TS) are back, this is certainly a one year performance evaluation. This regime doesn't have the life expectancy to groom a QB. Its possible that by the time the QB is ready, there's a new regime here. My gues is they trade down, reacquire the 2nd rounder they gave up in the Marshall trade, & if a QB is there, take him. Could also be looking at an impact WR.

Sorry, but just say no to Cam Newton... agree w/the rest of what u said though.
They better ****ing not. I just bought this TV, and it works a lot better with the remote not in it.

None of the top 4 qb's will be available with the 15th pick.

2 lines of thought.

Trade down, pick up Mikel Leshour as our RB, then with our 2nd pick, try & grab either Greg Jones or Casey Mathews in the 2nd to help our LB corp.

or

with if we dont trade down, take the BPA on offence - and hope that it is a playmaker.

At the end of the day i wouldn't be agaoinst VY as the qb.

None of the top 4 qb's will be available with the 15th pick.

2 lines of thought.

Trade down, pick up Mikel Leshour as our RB, then with our 2nd pick, try & grab either Greg Jones or Casey Mathews in the 2nd to help our LB corp.

or

with if we dont trade down, take the BPA on offence - and hope that it is a playmaker.

At the end of the day i wouldn't be agaoinst VY as the qb.

Locker and Mallett or Newton will likely be there, but you guys need to stop being such *******. If you rate Gabbert and/or Newton a franchise QB, go ****ing get him. If you trade up to #6, there's a great chance that either Newton or Gabbert will be there. Have you all seen the list of FA interior lineman - assuming they get it together with the CBA, and if they don't, none of this matters anyway? Spending a 1st on Pouncey or Wis (though he's MUCH better) would be just about enough to make quit on this team. If they're dumb enough to draft an interior lineman in the 1st, it's hopeless. Also, the 1st is LOADED on D. If we don't draft a QB, which would be stupid as hell, they could at least make our D really nasty. And, Ingram would be the Much better pick. Basically, outside of a Punter, Kicker, or another DL, you couldn't do much worse than going with a Guard or Center in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom