Would you be mad if the Dolphins did this in the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be mad if the Dolphins did this in the draft?

Russ57

Active Roster
Reaction score
IMHO our offensive line has been something that has really held the team back. So how would you feel if they went all in on the OL in the 2020 draft? Don't worry about the names I mention, just the general concept.

1) Tau (QB)
20) Tristan Wirfs/Calvin Throckmorton (RT) Versatility to play multiple positions. Had to guess on where Texans and Steelers picks will fall.
21) Tyler Biadasz (OC) Don't normally like to pick a center so high but this guy is good.
33) Bryce Hall (CB) Flores threatens suicide if he has to start Rowe opposite X.
61) Ben Bredeson/Alex Leatherwood (OG) We need at least one OG, maybe two as I'm not sold on Dieter.
65) D'Andre Swift (RB) I value a stud RB. Other than center and QB he could touch the ball more than any other offensive player. Should help a young QB a lot. Drake is gone and Ballage isn't the answer. We need a solid 3 down back who can run, catch, and pick up the blitz. Maybe this guy isn't the right guy but someone should be there as it is a good year for RB's

We still have a lot of money so we could buy a LT/LG if necessary. Ditto on edge guys but I have some hope for Tank. Jenkins and Nkemdiche could have us set at DT.
Grab a free safety later on (or a FA), move McCain back to nickle and the secondary could be good. Jones is still a good SS and too costly to cut. And of course Rome wasn't built in a day and we have loads of picks in 2021.

Okay guys rip away:)

Nothing to rip IMO. I think that pick @20 might be a little low with Ben out. Realistically, could be closer to 10. Nevertheless, all names aside that is right in line with my thoughts. Got a T, C, G in there which is logical. Just got to make sure they secure a couple of decent Vets to help anchor that OL with some leadership and experience.

I see the Steelers at 7-9 to 8-8 which is most likely top 13 pick

If the draft went that way I’d be happy as hell.

Talk about upgrading the offense, the line would practically be rebuilt and then we’d be set at QB and also running back.

Steelers pick ends up being top 10 and Laviska Shinault is there you have to think long and hard about it.

I'd like to see him round his game more, but he's a super talent. I don't think I could go Top 10, and I prefer Tylan Wallace (and Jeudy), but he's definitely on the radar.

I'd like to see him round his game more, but he's a super talent. I don't think I could go Top 10, and I prefer Tylan Wallace (and Jeudy), but he's definitely on the radar.

Jeudy I'm conceding defeat in unless we get a top 5 pick... at which point I feel you look at at defense and MAYBE ot

Getting a quality Tackle, Center, and Guard early would be great, but Miami has to get a quality pass-rusher early also.

I would think IF the Pittsburgh pick ends up in the top 5 - 7 picks the defensive talent that could be available would be too valuable to pass up? Grant Delpit is an excellent safety prospect with all the makings of the Versatile DB Flores covers. The kid can do it all. And he's 6'3" to boot!!! I also believe Grier has positioned himself very nicely with the 3rd first rounder. That pick can be traded to a team looking to come up to grab a player they like, potentially trading another 1st in 2021 and additional picks in 2020 to get the deal done. Philly offered Miami its 2020 1st in an attempt to trade up with Miami in 2019. The potential is there for a huge haul of additional draft capital.

I want to figure out how we can turn the Steelers pick into Chase Young.

Back
Top Bottom