Would you forgive RICKY?

Take Ricky back?

• YES

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • NO

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters
Jimmy James said:
There is no such thing as trade value for Ricky Williams until he proves he is worthy of being traded for physically and mentally. That means playing again...for the Dolphins.

And if he does come back and become successful again, what's the point in trading him? If that happens, we might as well just keep him.

Cheapshotz said:
Would you as a fan forgive him and welcome him back as a Phins in 05?

This is fan perspective not the Dolphins players.

Sure. I loved watching the guy play.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
And if he does come back and become successful again, what's the point in trading him? If that happens, we might as well just keep him.

Well, if he really doesn't get along with the players on the team and if we draft somebody capable of carrying the load, there would be no reason not to trade him once his value is as high as Ricky himself once was.

i forgave him a while ago i just dont think he will be good for our team now.

Jimmy James said:
Well, if he really doesn't get along with the players on the team and if we draft somebody capable of carrying the load, there would be no reason not to trade him once his value is as high as Ricky himself once was.

True. But if he does come back and play well, I'm sure his teammates will be fine with him. The only thing they really care about is winning. If he comes back and is a major part of a successful team I think they'll get along just fine.

I kind of wonder what that trade value could be. I mean Seattle and Ind can't even get a 2nd for Alexander or Edge. Ricky playing like he used to is certainly worth more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder to me.

he needs help...if he gets it and if he is in shape, then I'd vote yes to this poll. Based on what he's said and done...I vote no.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
True. But if he does come back and play well, I'm sure his teammates will be fine with him. The only thing they really care about is winning. If he comes back and is a major part of a successful team I think they'll get along just fine.

I kind of wonder what that trade value could be. I mean Seattle and Ind can't even get a 2nd for Alexander or Edge. Ricky playing like he used to is certainly worth more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder to me.

Well, remember, Ricky may take less money than those two would since it is supposedly not meaningful to him. He would also enter the market in a better year to get something for a RB (it would have to be -- this year was terrible for that due to the glut).

Jimmy James said:
Well, remember, Ricky may take less money than those two would since it is supposedly not meaningful to him. He would also enter the market in a better year to get something for a RB (it would have to be -- this year was terrible for that due to the glut).

I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. I think we'll haer something about Ricky shortly after the draft is over. It's really not advantageous for Saban to say anything now. It may very well be that Ricky told him he's not interested in returning to football. No one knows for sure.

Yeah, we could speculate all day as to who any of them were really. I would like to think that JT and Zach along with the rest of them would be professional about it. Maybe they say hey, that's the offensive side of the ball and not of our concern. We'll deal with what we have to deal with on our side of the ball. Linehan, Feeley, Booker, Saban, none of these guys can feel jilted cause it wasn't them Ricky jilted. I mean, Feeley was a member of the team, but he was still new. I agree, we would be greatly improved if Ricky came back, I just can't seem to get the taste out of my mouth I had that Sunday morning waking up to the news he'd quit, and with ALL the momentum heading into camp with a new QB, new WR, and Ricky... I would still root my @ss off for this team regardless, but my cheering would be a little less enthusiastic when he's running the ball, probably until he scores his first touchdown that is.. lol

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. I think we'll haer something about Ricky shortly after the draft is over. It's really not advantageous for Saban to say anything now. It may very well be that Ricky told him he's not interested in returning to football. No one knows for sure.

Maybe Nick will have Ricky in the war room with him and the two will do a song and dance number celebrating the guy we pick and announcing that Ricky will be back with the team. ;)

Not many backs can produce behind a poor O line and RW pounded the rock for 2 years waiting for that dunce wanstadt to bring some help, which never came. I dont blame him for smoking himself out the league. The shame of it all was the rest of the roster had to put on those uniforms and go to war for the idiot. I agree with whoever said that Ricky forced change at the top, whether he comes back or not he helped the team more than hurt them in 2004. It wouldnt be prudent to rely on him but Ricky and Ron Brown would be an awesome backfield, I say bring him back if he can get in shape.

yes, if he is willing to play he could be productive for us once again.

Back
Top Bottom