Would you guys want Mike Vick as your QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you guys want Mike Vick as your QB?

Finfan-ATL said:
He's lost 8 of his last 13 games. The winning has sort of come to a screaching halt.

:sidelol: some1 got school'd

what an awful defensive performance by both teams. especially by the most overrated player in the league, deangelo hall.

See what happens when the receivers actually catches the ball? Michael Vick is a good QB, he's a winner. Finally he got some help from his receivers. Those receivers were open in the Giants game too. He should have easily had 3 TD passes against NY as well.

Finfan-ATL said:
He's lost 8 of his last 13 games. The winning has sort of come to a screaching halt.

Yeah, a screaching halt...last I checked they were 4-2 and just beat the reigning super bowl champions. Oh, and Vick just had 4 TDs in that game.

Screaching halt. Nice.

I've always thought Mike Vick was a better passer then he was given credit for. Are we finally seeing the real Vick now?

Rocky Raccoon said:
I've always thought Mike Vick was a better passer then he was given credit for. Are we finally seeing the real Vick now?

Thats the big question right now. I defended Vick for years, I loved him coming out of college but I soured on him completely after last year and at the start of this year. He showed no touch on his passes, took bad sacks, etc, etc, he looked terrible....
But the last two games hes shown that he has the ability to put touch on his passes and to hang in there and put it on the money when the pressure is on. We will have to wait and see how he does, but if he has finally stopped being a idiot and started to learn the position the NFC is in trouble.

Finfan-ATL said:
Just wondering. Im an Atlanta fan. Its getting uglier every day. Our passing game is like a bad train wreck, but nobody will blame Vick in Atlanta. He has this obsessive following in the city. I think he stinks. He's mechanical, cant see over the line, panics and tried to run at first sign of pressure, cant see or read the blitz, cant feel the rush, im getting tired of him as our QB. Its been 6 years. I was wondering what the Dolphin fans thought.

They are trying to hard to deviate from what he is good at. The key to football is having good players do what they are good at. Personnel decisions are 50% of the game.

Vick is an amazing athlete. He dominated his first season starting with his legs. Now they are trying to make him a pocket passer. It just doesn't work, you can't make a defensive tackle out of a corner back.

Although, if they were to make him only run then defenses could pick up on it, I'm not sure how teams gameplan against his mobility, I don't watch Mike Vick play often.

I don't know much about Vick's ability to read a defense or his pocket presence etc either, like I said I don't follow him at all. But if he is realy as much of a one ability athlete then maybe his calling isn't quarterback.

I'd give Gus Frerotte a call to be our QB before I gave Ron Mexico a call.

If Vick can continue to play like that then I'll believe that he is a good QB.
He's a tremendous athlete though.

if vick continues with his passing success then he'll elevate into the top tier of QBs. Two games doesnt convince me but if he can maintain this performance for the year he'll finally have arrived as a complete QB. If not he's a better version of Aaron Brooks

Back
Top Bottom