Would You Rather | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
Grier has been terrible at drafting and signing FA. He gutted the team and loaded in available money and draft picks 4 years ago. He did a great job getting the tunsil trade but let’s be real that’s not happening again. He also botched the crap out of the SF trade by basically making waddle worth 2 first round picks in a year loaded with talent. Now here we are 4 years after the rebuild began and we are already going backwards. We are strapped on cap space because of his lack of drafting skills. Anyone can trade for proven talent it’s the foresight that makes a GM a good one
Wilkins, VG, Tua, AJ, Hunt, Raekwon, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Achane. Name a Gm that has drafted better the past 5 years?

Wilkins, VG, Tua, AJ, Hunt, Raekwon, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Achane. Name a Gm that has drafted better the past 5 years?
Not too many GMs have had as many first and second round picks as us the last 5 years. AVG absolutely. Tua meh it was a top 5 pick where we needed a QB and it was between him and Herbert. No credit for that. AJ? The guy was a bust for 4 years and turned it around his 5th. He hasn’t been worth his draft stock. Hunt solid. Raekwon trash not sure why you’d even mention him. Waddle wasn’t worth 2 first in a yr loaded with talent. Philips and Holland were good picks. Achane looks good health is a concern but it’s early.
Good picks in 5 years I’ll give him Wilkins avg Holland and Phillips in like 50 picks we’ve had including a bunch of firsts and 2nds.
How about FA? How many good players has he signed that have been worth their contract the last 5 years? I just don’t think it’s enough and he has put us in cap hell

Last edited:
this team has nothing to do with the past 24 years minus 2... Anyone who takes into account the failures of the last 3 decades to judge the current regime is thinking in an emotional state that just doesn't have any base in reality...
So your saying there's always next year with faith huh? Ok

I voted option 3, but what could other have been thought of by you OP?

I back tracked after your last thread and will not open another one of your threads again

The Negativity is ridiculous, subtle or not
Well then thank you for not doing it!

None of the above.

We have had 10 Head Coaches in the last 20 years and have constantly been making changes and it has gotten us nowhere.

Time to try something new and give the current coaching staff the opportunity to continue to move the needle

There is another option now brother Bob

It's basically none of the above

You didn't say how many years before you blow it up.

I'd give McD (unless we are really going backwards next season) another 2 years to figure out how to get playoff wins.

If after 2 years we are still being the cameo playoff team (or worse) I'm moving on....unless Andy Reid is available 😂 then I'm kicking his ass out right now 😂

No one is waiting 5 years, especially if you are going backwards.

how you going to net add talent when we are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap and some of the players on the current roster need big fat deals to stay?

That is why I said where needed, Miami will have to get rid of some players, already with Ogbah, the cap went down quite a bit, with NFL increasing Salary cap a bit more this year, and a few more moves (White, Baker, Crossen...), with some restructuring, Miami will be OK, then after that add the X release in June, Miami will have even more money to work with.

Hunt and Williams will be hard negotiations, and there is a realistic chance one or both end up leaving, but because they want to play in Miami, just like Wilkins and Gink, there is a good chance Miami could work all 4 in with restructuring. Gink might be the odd man out if all 4 are not willing to be reasonable.

Either way, Miami should be able to keep intact most of the roster next year, with FA to get cheaper talent in certain areas, and a draft to get better talent in other areas we need.

For those of you that voted for 2 you do realise we are in the middle of what you want already? We are 2 years into the rebuild yet you want to blow it up and start again.

What's the plan going forward? 2 years max, then fire sale and start again and hope that you somehow win a Superbowl?

This team isn't far way imho. Needs luck to stay healthy and a few upgrades at OL, LB, CB and they will be a serious contender.

Guess I should have read the first post properly before voting as I thought the "Illusion" would be to continue on with our current efforts due to the thread starter.

Obviously I would be voting for Other. We continue to build what we have going here, you give it another 2 or 3 years and if it fails you blow it all up then. You give McDaniel time to grow as a play caller, you give Tua another couple of years to continue to grow and you build on your weaknesses each season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom