Would You Rather | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather

Would you rather the fun illusion (choice #1) or the reboot (choice #2)?

• Illusion (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Reboot (explanation below read the post)

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • other

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
how you going to net add talent when we are $35mm over the new and improved salary cap and some of the players on the current roster need big fat deals to stay?
It's actually pretty easy if you take 10 minutes out of your day to understand how the salary cap works and the way all the big deals have been structured by the Dolphins so far.

Yes you are kicking the can down the road, yes you could end up in the Saints position with never ending restructures but it would be worth it if you win a Superbowl, I doubt many would be complaining. Actually, I take that back, I bet some would be complaining that they couldn't turn it into a dynasty and win 3 in a row so everyone needs to go.

Last edited:
You didn't say how many years before you blow it up.

I'd give McD (unless we are really going backwards next season) another 2 years to figure out how to get playoff wins.

If after 2 years we are still being the cameo playoff team (or worse) I'm moving on....unless Andy Reid is available 😂 then I'm kicking his ass out right now 😂

No one is waiting 5 years, especially if you are going backwards.
IMG_6662.png

well good idea but what would you do then?
As I said in my first post, I would allow McD to continue his quest and build the team and the plan as he sees it.

If you are asking for specific personnel moves, we have about 20 threads currently discussing those

You gave two choices that were negative and biased to your thought process. You ignored the positives and any scenarios that the team will get better and continue to improve and while any of these scenarios are possible, you would have to admit that the history of the last two years is steady improvement, but that seems to be missing from your options.

These options suck more than our presidential candidates.

We limped in to the playoffs with a very injured team. We were one game away (a late game meltdown vs Tennessee) from winning the division. Our QB lead the league in passing yards. Offense lit the stats up. Defense finished top 10.

But it's 5 years of mediocracy or blow it up????

GTFOH with that

There is a reason for this question. But without explaining the reason for the question, which may bias the responses, here are the choices. For the purposes of this question, please answer the survey as the question is stated. Comments are fine for points about these scenarios, like injuries, etc, which I understand. Consider this a larger philosophical question, which actually is an important one with regard to thinking about how the team (front office, owner), will behave this offseason:

#1) Have the next 5 seasons like last year. 75% of the season is great and super fun. Offense is on fire. Games are fun to watch. You think the team has the chance to do something in the post-season. Fans are into it, and the team gets the national attention it has not had in years. Then warts emerge, you cannot beat the good teams, and you limp into the post-season. But still, the whole time you are thinking, they might have a chance, even going into the playoff game. Then they lose, and are out. Small modifier, every subsequent year it gets a little less fun, as you start to realize that although the team is pretty good, it will probably never be good enough to get over the hump. Caveat, and hopefully I can articulate this well. For the purposes of this question, I am making it clear this is a wild card team for 5 years in a row with a first round playoff loss. HOWEVER, I am telling you that you will not know in advance the team will get bounced from the playoffs, and you get to enjoy the illusion for most of the season (although less and less each season), so it is still super fun to somewhat fun, just like last year (although to less of a degree each year).

OR

#2) Blow the thing up, and start all over. You may suck for awhile. You may have a few seasons of 4 to 7 wins. You will know the team has no chance for a few seasons. The games will suck for a few seasons. BUT you have a 10-20% chance of building the type of team that in 3-4 years will win a Super Bowl. Or you have an 80%-90% of getting to the end of that road, and blowing it all up again, which is the story of the Dolphins last 23 years. But at least you have a chance, as opposed to the first option, where you have no chance.
I say use your players correctly! Oh I don't know how about making use of Holland and Ramsey instead of having them stand on the field twiddling their thumbs on defense!

It's actually pretty easy if you take 10 minutes out of your day to understand how the salary cap works and the way all the big deals have been structured by the Dolphins so far.

Yes you are kicking the can down the road, yes you could end up in the Saints position with never ending restructures but it would be worth it if you win a Superbowl, I doubt many would be complaining. Actually, I take that back, I bet some would be complaining that they couldn't turn it into a dynasty and win 3 in a row so everyone needs to go.
yes it would be worth it if won the superbowl. that is what 2023 was. they shoved all their chips onto the table, traded away their draft picks, and went $55mm over the cap, and couldnt even win the division or a stinking playoff game. granted, we got lucky with a cap this year that is higher than anyone expected, and it takes some pressure off. but we are now at the point where it gets harder, not easier. we will see

As I said in my first post, I would allow McD to continue his quest and build the team and the plan as he sees it.

If you are asking for specific personnel moves, we have about 20 threads currently discussing those

You gave two choices that were negative and biased to your thought process. You ignored the positives and any scenarios that the team will get better and continue to improve and while any of these scenarios are possible, you would have to admit that the history of the last two years is steady improvement, but that seems to be missing from your options.
incorrect again, all of you. i gave the 2 choices for a reason totally different than any of you think. it is evident from this response, and the response i gave to it. but of course you guys had to be paranoid, alter the poll, and take the whole conversation (which was going quite well with no animosity) off track from what it otherwise was and would have been, which may have provided some insight into what i was after, which had more to do with how Steve Ross might operate, than anything else. anyway hope you guys are happy

1708970136870.png

incorrect again, all of you. i gave the 2 choices for a reason totally different than any of you think. it is evident from this response, and the response i gave to it. but of course you guys had to be paranoid, alter the poll, and take the whole conversation (which was going quite well with no animosity) off track from what it otherwise was and would have been, which may have provided some insight into what i was after, which had more to do with how Steve Ross might operate, than anything else. anyway hope you guys are happy

View attachment 161565
I can't even say you are moving the goalposts at this point.

It isn't linear enough for that. Now you are just all over the map.

How the hell would anyone discern that your question was about Ross's approach from the OP and the original poll options?

If that makes sense in your mind, I assure you that is does not sound rational to most of us.

yes it would be worth it if won the superbowl. that is what 2023 was. they shoved all their chips onto the table, traded away their draft picks, and went $55mm over the cap, and couldnt even win the division or a stinking playoff game. granted, we got lucky with a cap this year that is higher than anyone expected, and it takes some pressure off. but we are now at the point where it gets harder, not easier. we will see
Again, if you take 10 minutes out of your day to understand how the salary cap works you will know that they didn't go "all in" in 2023. They left themselves plenty of wiggle room for 2024 and 2025 if they want to use it.

Going all in for 2024 would be max restructuring everyone, getting $60M in cap space and blowing the whole lot. That would be going all in.

View attachment 161565
Seriously? Your initial post had nothing to do with this. I'm not sure if you believe these mental gymnastics or you are trolling tbh.

I can't even say you are moving the goalposts at this point.

It isn't linear enough for that. Now you are just all over the map.

How the hell would anyone discern that your question was about Ross's approach from the OP and the original poll options?

If that makes sense in your mind, I assure you that is does not sound rational to most of us.
you are wrong again. first of all i provided evidence. second of all read the OP right up front in the first sentences i say the following, including the notion of how the front office and owner will behave, and that i am framing the question the way I did for a reason. so no i am not all over the map. and yes you guys have done it again. cannot win. so thanks.

"But without explaining the reason for the question, which may bias the responses, here are the choices. For the purposes of this question, please answer the survey as the question is stated. Comments are fine for points about these scenarios, like injuries, etc, which I understand. Consider this a larger philosophical question, which actually is an important one with regard to thinking about how the team (front office, owner), will behave this offseason"

you are wrong again. first of all i provided evidence. second of all read the OP right up front in the first sentences i say the following, including the notion of how the front office and owner will behave, and that i am framing the question the way I did for a reason. so no i am not all over the map. and yes you guys have done it again. cannot win. so thanks.

"But without explaining the reason for the question, which may bias the responses, here are the choices. For the purposes of this question, please answer the survey as the question is stated. Comments are fine for points about these scenarios, like injuries, etc, which I understand. Consider this a larger philosophical question, which actually is an important one with regard to thinking about how the team (front office, owner), will behave this offseason"
What, exactly, are you trying to "win"?

That's the second time that I have seen you use that phrase. Please elaborate.......

What, exactly, are you trying to "win"?

That's the second time that I have seen you use that phrase. Please elaborate.......
you know exactly what i mean. it would just be easier to apologize and say i was wrong, but you wont do that. have a nice day. i prefer to talk football, not deal with all the personal attacks and paranoia. i dont block, i dont censor, but i do have the right to not respond, so again have a nice day

option #2 already happened to a point......we traded away our top players for picks and cleared the cap......we were 'supposed" to build the team with all those extra picks and do it the right way but they tried taking a short cut right away.....they traded away a 2nd round pick for Rosen(I was against it since before it happened)......you don’t trade for a young QB with confidence issues when you don’t have a team around him to help him out so wasted 2nd round pick right there......then we drafted so projects and wasted a lot of money on the wrong free agents.....either they didn’t play well or too many injuries so why go thru all that again if you're gonna have the same guy(Grier) in charge of doing it again?

so we're left with option #3......we're here now and have to go for it and hope that one year we stay healthy and the ball bounce our way.
I feel like we were in option 2 for like 20 years

Back
Top Bottom