Would You Sign Welker Back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Sign Welker Back?

AJ Duhe

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just read on profootballtalk.com that Welker is considering retirement. I wonder if he wouldn't be interested in a short deal to come back to the Dolphins.

Pros
1. Still has short area quickness and run after catch ability
2. Veteran presence that can help our receivers and young quarterback
3. With recent injury history, his price tag should be reasonable on a 1 or 2 year deal
4. Has incentive to stick it to the Pats twice a year

Cons
1. Essentially plays same position as Landry. Can Landry move outside and still be effective? How many touches would Welker expect and could we satisfy that expectation while we already have Wallace demanding touches?
2. Welker's recent injury history might bite us like our most recent veteran signings (Finnegan, Delmas, Keller)

Hell no! He would be splitting time with Landry. Bad idea...Landry is the future...Weilker is the past.

Joke post? He is a concussion away from one flew over the cuckoo's nest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Welker but at this point, no. We have Landry who is not as good as Welker was or is when he is healthy but he is fine player.
No need in reality. I think Welker should look to play for a contender if he continues playing.
He would be a great fit for seattle

Welker is starting to share quite the resemblance to Dark Helmet.

WesWelker-1.jpg

Absolutely not, tired of this organization tying up money on injured over the hill players. I'll keep Hartline before I'd sign Welker

Back
Top Bottom