Would you take Ricky back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Ricky back?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I keep reading that there is still some doubt that Ricky is gone for good. I have already heard some speculation that Ricky is retiring to get drugs out of his system and then will try to return once he is clear...I don't believe it, but what if it were true? What if Ricky decided he wanted to return when the season starts? While I feel sure that he will not return, what if he did? Would you take him back now that he has walked out on this team?

My personal opinion: Just Say No :fire:

I would as long as he do not get paid much unless he plays. I would take him back in a second.

If I were the Dolphins, no, I would not take him back, just out of spite. Even if he could easily get a job somewhere else, I wouldn't take him back. He gave no warning whatsoever and left you guys right before training camp, right after the best-available halfback who is still very good was signed. I think that is sh:yell: tty on him.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do. Beats any other options I can think of.

Well, I will be the first to say no.

Maybe it's just the moral high road, but who wants a guy that does this sort of thing?!

What's to prevent him from freaking out and pulling a Barrett Robins? DURING a playoff run, or the Super Bowl, or even just during the season?

Nope, he can stay in Asia for the rest of his life for all I care.

Hell No.

He has no heart...no desire for the game. I don't want a player who does not really want to play.

He'll be a bigger distraction to this team if he returned. He already left the team hanging so who's to say he wouldn't do it again.

Hell NO...foogedoubit and foogedboud Ricky!!!

It takes six weeks to clear weed of your system, I'm afraid he's going where he can get more.
Of course you take him, he retired he didn't beat his wife.

Well the weird part is if he doesn't ever file those retirement papers with the NFL, like if he changed his mind right now...we'd sort of HAVE to take him back, otherwise we would have to cut him...or pay him his salary just to sit on the bench.

If he files the retirement papers, then files papers to come out of retirement, I know we still own the rights to him but I don't know if he's still under the same contract with us and everything and if he's not, that could be a scenario where Ricky says he wants to unretire and the Dolphins have the option of not letting him unretire by means of not trading away his rights, yet never signing him back to a new contract. But I think if he unretires, he comes back in under the same contract.

Even so, spite aside, he's too important to the offense. I would take him back, and ride him into the dirt.

I'll take him this season, but next draft, take a good RB maybe in the second round....QB in the 1st..Can't put too much stock in what this loonie bin says.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom