Would you take Ricky back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Ricky back?

NO. HELL NO. NEVER AGAIN. Our line wouldn't block for him anyway. He quit on the team, fans, coaches and everyone in the community down there. He would not be welcomed back by me and I for one, would hate it if he came back. He can go be "free" elsewhere.

unfortunatley, i have to say.............yes. As much as i cant stand him for this i would. Bu tthe only way id want him back is if he gave a sincere apology,swore to play his *** off etc. Guys there is a chance this is all driving off his mental problem, so maybe hes just going thru a phase. Hed also have to start taking his meds again if id want him back.

This is really a question for his teammates. I really don't think they would accept him back. He betrayed them. He abandoned them. He basically said F-U guys, I choose weed, Asia, and tin huts over you guys. Now if he made a public apology to EVERYONE, and admitted that he and Lenny were on the Chronic and spooning while calling DW on Friday, made a huge mistake and checks into extensive rehab. Gets his appropriate medications back on track, begs for forgiveness. Then MAYBE he can come back.

would i take him back? not only no, but hell no. but more to the point, i would not put his team mates in the position of even having to share a locker room urinal with the guy, let alone have to block for him, or trust him to protect me from blitzes on passing plays if i were any Dolphin QB... hmmmm, maybe on second thought, i would allow the team (after a players only meeting in a locked room where he could explain himself) to vote on whether he should be allowed back. though after locking him in a room with the rest of the team there likely wouldnt be much left of him i have a feeling.

I would take Ricky back! That is a no brainer. Yes he made a stupid decision, but he is a strong running back. The Dolphins will win with him on board regardless of how we feel about him. I do not think much of the man after his actions, but he has too much ability to not accept him back.

Now, Ricky Williams will not return...so our views have no worth. Forget Williams. He's long gone and we have a season coming up.

another question to ponder, when (if?) he decides to play father to his 3 children after roaming the far reaches of the world finding himself, being "free," and getting high, will they take him back? but hey, like he supposedly said when questioned about his kids futures; "kids dont need much, just food and shelter."

Not in a qajillion years! He sold out his team in the worst way...and spiteful on the same day, right after George and Smith signed..coincidence? The guy is walked out at this bad time, he'd do it before a playoff game, or the super bowl and would be like "sorry guys, you play the big game without me, I'm going off to hump tribal midget surfers on a sandbar off the coast of Micronesia"

another thought on whether to take him back... Lebatard said on sportscenter this morning RW is admittedly off his meds for social anxiety disorder (which i suspect plays a part in this whole drama and RW decision making process)... he would not do well being around a situation where there would be lost of hostility directed at him, such as would be the case in the Fins locker room were he taken back.

NO
Ricky is yesterday's news, time to move on.
If he came back, he would be a cancer in the locker room.

NO. Ricky Williams is dead in my eyes as a football player. He may be a generous man, kind hearted and all that other stuff, but as a man of integirty, and as a Miami Dolphin he is dead. He has burned a bridge that cannot be fixed. We need to grieve, get over this and move on.

In a heart beat you take him back. But you have to have a serious plan B in case he flakes again.

I'll take him back under one condition:

He lets Olindo Mare kick him in the crocth on live TV.

Otherwise, no.

Nope I don't want him back. And if the Dolphins took him back I'd prob have to take a break from watching NFL football for quite a while. It would be a total shock to me that this franchise would sink so low as to take that kind of quitter back. To me at that point they'd prob stop being the Dolphins I grew up loving and respecting.

Oliver...

Living here in Philly, I know if a Sh-eagle pulled this BS, he'd get his *** booed off before he left the locker room. I guess its the Philly in me that says no. Can we really trust him? How do we know that he wouldn't turn his back on us again? I think its a huge risk. One that I would hope the team doesn't take...

NO! No way. Not going to happen anyways. forget it man. right now he is smoking some mean hash. forget it.

Back
Top Bottom