Would you take Ricky back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you take Ricky back?

the question should be is:If you were the hiring manager at your job would you take him back??Lets be serious he has an anxiety disorder and if hes not taking them strange things happen...unfortunately we the fans,the organization, and everybody who supported him have to depend on this.you see ricky...you should ask yourself "how can i be happy"if most of miami and half the world hates me?if hes not taking his meds this obviously doesnt matter to him....c'mon where on earth can he make the kind of money doing the kind of thing he's doing?playing a "game".what will he do when the child support payments start getting to be a pain?what on earth was he thinking when he quit 6 days before the season started?and "care about you "ricky...how on earth can anybody put faith in you again after this?i wouldnt hire you at this point.it'll be hard but w'ell forget about you...this is probably the worst w'ell ever see as fans.....oh yeah and who quits a job with nowhere to go??ive heard of weird but man this takes the cake....get some help ricky.

Someone asked me this anyway and I said I didn't know, because quite honestly, I don't. Taking him back has many positives and many negatives. He is so talented, but yet he has showed that he cares nothing about his teammates and you never know if he will just quit on you again. It's a very tough call.

The indications right now are that Ricky is a manic depressive who's been off his meds for some time now. If that's the case then his behavior starts to make much more sense. If he were to get his head on straight again, get back on his meds, and explain and apologize for his behavior, then I would take him back, pending doctor approval. Yesterday I was bashing him as hard as anyone for being so selfish. However, if it turns out that there was a psychological problem that was causing his behavior, I wouldn't hold his actions against him. I'd just expect him to do what was asked of him in order to be well mentally.

I'd also trade for a backup RB in case he flips out again.

Definitely take him back! Then trade him to any idiot willing to give a 1st round draft pick for him. We are obviously rebuilding, take our pick the pick from the ricky trade and trade ogun for a first rounder.....hell of a start to a rebuild if you ask me.

Of I course I would take him back. The real question is will his teammates.
If he comes back within the next week and doesn't miss any time and sits down with his teammates and tries to explain what happen maybe they take him back.
If all the guys in the locker room are comfortable with taking him back then the fans should too.
I think there is alot more to this story that most of us will probably never know. But if he comes back and the other 52 men in the locker room accept his reason for leaving and accept his apology, why shouldn't I or you.

FiN.in.RI said:
I think the coaching staff definitely would.. the players? Im not sure they'd be so happy bout that.
Not if tries to come back in November, or even after TC. But if he is back within a week and doesn't miss any time then I saw no harm to foul and we the fans and his teammates should at least hear him out before telling him to f#*k off.

pigskinguy said:
Of I course I would take him back. The real question is will his teammates.
If he comes back within the next week and doesn't miss any time and sits down with his teammates and tries to explain what happen maybe they take him back.
If all the guys in the locker room are comfortable with taking him back then the fans should too.
I think there is alot more to this story that most of us will probably never know. But if he comes back and the other 52 men in the locker room accept his reason for leaving and accept his apology, why shouldn't I or you.
I have to agree with you. You don't S@#$ where you eat! And Mr. Williams just took a number 2 on his team. Buying Isotoners for everybody just doesn't quite seem adequate enough of an apology. Hes not the first selfish player to ever come along though. I admit I was a Dolphins fan when Johnson was coach. So, what would be worse about taking back a lethal talent like Ricky? I harbor no real dreams of him coming back though.

If he got back on the meds, monitored by a doctor and the team, apologized to everyone sincerely, and played hard? Yes I would.

I'd be thinking of this as a ONE YEAR deal though, regardless of what Ricky might say. Shoot for a Super Bowl this year, and reload next season with a draft pick or vet HB. The Edge, if not too greedy, would be a nice fit I think.

No.. can't do it.. even if he has "off the meds" issues.. I belive that everyone is going to come into camp with a GREAT sense of urgency and that should be benificial.

To me a Ricky return would be to great a distraction especially with folks who stepped up.. "why did I bust my *** even more when the tank was empty in 2adays if this guys just walks right back into a starting job"...

It is a tough one if it presents itself.. unfortunately the next thing I think we will hear about Ricky will be un-football related.

I would take him back for a few reasons.
First...and foremost, its well documented that he has a history with depression and manic behavior. This past week is typical behavior for someone with that disorder. I would however take steps to make sure his drug use comes to an end.
Second ...I'd take him back because he is a good person and has done great things for himself and the team. He deserves not only another chance if he wants one, but he also deserves the forgiveness of the fans and organization.
Lastly...I'd let him back because we are better with him than without him.

Dude has lots of pressure on him to carry the load. I'm hoping he comes around. I don't buy that he "lost the fire"...I think he was hurt and embarrassed by his failed drug test and flipped out over having to face the consequences. He had encouraged all his team to take a step up and go to a new level, worked hard all off season, and was ready to make another run. The only thing that changed after his last team meeting where he stepped up in leadership was the failed drug test.

I would not take him back this season under any circumstances. If his actions of the last 72 hours are the byproduct of bipolar disorder rather than maturity, then he needs to be in a treatment center to get rid of his reefer habit and get his head back on straight. Right now, he obviously can't deal with the pressure of the high expectations for this season, so let him get himself together and we'll work him back in next spring.

Samphin said:
NO. HELL NO. NEVER AGAIN. Our line wouldn't block for him anyway. He quit on the team, fans, coaches and everyone in the community down there. He would not be welcomed back by me and I for one, would hate it if he came back. He can go be "free" elsewhere.

What if it comes out this is all a reprecussion of his no longer taking his meds for his manic depression?

DOLFANMIKE said:
I would take him back for a few reasons.
First...and foremost, its well documented that he has a history with depression and manic behavior. This past week is typical behavior for someone with that disorder. I would however take steps to make sure his drug use comes to an end.
Second ...I'd take him back because he is a good person and has done great things for himself and the team. He deserves not only another chance if he wants one, but he also deserves the forgiveness of the fans and organization.
Lastly...I'd let him back because we are better with him than without him.

Dude has lots of pressure on him to carry the load. I'm hoping he comes around. I don't buy that he "lost the fire"...I think he was hurt and embarrassed by his failed drug test and flipped out over having to face the consequences. He had encouraged all his team to take a step up and go to a new level, worked hard all off season, and was ready to make another run. The only thing that changed after his last team meeting where he stepped up in leadership was the failed drug test.
I like this post, ive been saying the same things alot latley. We hav a right to b mad based on the limited knowledge of the situation we have, but the majority of the story, im sure were not aware of. I wonder if we ever will be:confused: ?

DOLFANMIKE said:
What if it comes out this is all a reprecussion of his no longer taking his meds for his manic depression?

If he was too immature or irresponsible to take his meds, then what more needs be said? Disorder or not, in the end, Ricky is responsible for this. He knows that he was stable when taking his meds...he has said as much to various sources. If not taking his meds has led to a suspect state of mind, it is his fault for choosing not to medicate. There is no good excuse for this behaviour.

Just say NO to Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom