Would You Trade C Mike Pouncey to Seattle for TE Jimmy Graham Straight Up ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade C Mike Pouncey to Seattle for TE Jimmy Graham Straight Up ?

Trade Pouncey to Seattle for Graham Straight Up?

• YES

Votes: 122 64.6%
  • No

Votes: 67 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JG is a one trick pony.
He will not impress anyone with his blocking skills.
He will make our offense predictable and we won't have enough football to develop or keep our young receivers happy.
Somebody's production will go way down if Grahm gets his targets.

Given OJ Howard's Senior Bowl workouts and his measurable, I think it's unlikely he lasts to our pick. I like Njoku, but he isn't really big enough to be a size mismatch in the red zone. Fast, physical specimen, but iffy in the 1st round and likely will not be there for our 2nd round pick. So, if we draft a TE, I'm looking at Bucky Hodges in round 3 (although he may be gone in the 2nd) or Butt in round 4. Hodges has the most upside, but Butt is likely the TE that can catch and block ... but he isn't a seam threat.

With Seattle 'saying' he isn't available, the chance doesn't seem like it will materialize. But, teams often say that when trying to drive up trade value too, so who knows.

Without a marquee TE in free agency, we need to resign ourselves to getting one of LB/DL but not both in the top 2 rounds. We should start talking about the free agent DL talent available, because we'll likely go that route and draft a TE. Don't be shocked if we package draft picks to trade up to get a TE, which is a much bigger need than Caroo ever was.

Lol. In truth, that's a team that has matched up well against New England. Why not copy that blueprint somewhat?

Either that, or go the opposite direction and put together an offense that can go head to toe with the Patriots. Miami's closer to that if they were able to get a tight end like O.J. Howard in the draft or the trade idea for Jimmy Graham. Plus, obviously solidify the offensive line.

From what I understand their scheme is sort of like Wanny's. Line up and beat is because we're better than you. That won't work without good players and it certainly won't work for Dan Quinn next Sunday.

Oh and I may be wrong here but I heard this from Tom Brady in an interview. He directly compared the current Seahawks defense with the Dolphins defenses he faced early in his career. He said neither did/does anything fancy it's just ours are better than yours. Says he had a tough time with those Dolphins defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say yes because although I think Pouncey makes our OLine much better how often is he on the field amymore. I honestly think he has another injury plagued season next year and retires. Didn't Jordan Cameron make 8.4 million last year? I would pay another 1.6 million for someone that is an actual threat and can catch the ball.

No offing way Graham is always hurt to!!

Really? Here's the games played in his career.

2010 - 15
2011 - 16
2012 - 15
2013 - 16
2014 - 16
2015 - 11
2016 - 16

Daughter is a huge Hawks fan and I watch all their games, The guy is a stud TE. I'd take him in a heartbeat!

Graham was already traded for a center. How did that work out? Seattle's line was terrible.

100% we made playoffs without him and he is made of glass

JG took a little contact last night and was showing off that "soft" label that he can't seem to shed. Plus he has always been a one dimensional TE . . . there are some TE's in this draft that can turn into all around players at the position and compliment the youth we already have on offense.

This is not like Tony Gonzalez heading to ATL at 32 as Tony gave you a lot as a pass blocker still.

Good option for our passing game, but not one you trade for IMO.

I'd trade Pouncey for a box of rocks, but I certainly wouldn't trade him for another player with an absurd contract.

No. Having holes in the OL is a lot more counter productive than not having an acrobatic TE. We've seen our OL get nasty this year run blocking with Pouncey in there .

No, one injured player for another? No.

Guess you haven't read the thread.

Really? Here's the games played in his career.

2010 - 15
2011 - 16
2012 - 15
2013 - 16
2014 - 16
2015 - 11
2016 - 16

Daughter is a huge Hawks fan and I watch all their games, The guy is a stud TE. I'd take him in a heartbeat!

I'm rethinking this and I think I'd make that trade in a heartbeat too. We have Sims, Gray and Duarte PS and Jones. I rewatched the Jets at Dolphins game yesterday. The receivers were mostly not open, and the Jets had the lead in the 4th qtr but after they had to rekick from 10 yards back, Drake took it to the house and sealed the game. During that game, there were not many receivers open and Tannehill threw to Jones often. On the drive prior to the Jets TD to take the lead, Dominique Jones had a critical drop on a 3rd down pass. Sims was out, and not sure Gray was on the team. I think adding a good TE would make the offense and Tannehill look much better.

In a heart beat. Both have question marks, but center is infinitely easier to find then a playmaking TE who happens to be 6'7.

as much as I would love the Madden angle of things I we can get Bennet in FA, if possible and a TE in the draft if we want, I dont want to plug a hole to spring a leak

Back
Top Bottom