Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters
JTaylor99 said:
I wouldn't even trade him for a first round pick.
Why not? Are you worry that we won't win any more superbowls without him?Cos in case you haven't notice, we haven't won one with him.Now I know is not his fault that we haven't won but we need to be open minded to the fact that we need new players to become winners again.If JT can bring us a 1st round pick then why not? How long does he have left anyway?

Ozzy rules!!

adamprez2003 said:
No, it takes two years to determine if a defensive end is a bust. I hope you're not comparing him to Jason Taylor?
No, I'm not.But what I'm saying is that we need to be open minded to new players.I love JT as much as the next guy but what have we won with him?..Nothing!! Is not his fault, I know.But he doesn't have much left,why not try something new?

Ozzy rules!!

I think this is a legitimate question, because:

1) How well will Jason Taylor be playing when we become contenders for going deep into the playoffs? He already has a type of foot injury that tends to nag people for years.

2) We may not be ABLE to get anything more than a #2 for him because of his age.

So that leaves the question. I'd think long and hard about it if it's a VERY early #2 pick that we could use on a QB. Drew Brees was drafted very early in the 2nd round, for example. And drafting a QB in the early 2nd would allow us to get another cornerstone of the defense (perhaps Haloti Ngata) in the first round.

What this would also do is allow us to trade our other 2nd round pick for more picks, which would allow us to fill more holes through the draft.

It's a good question IMO.

Danny said:
No, I'm not.But what I'm saying is that we need to be open minded to new players.I love JT as much as the next guy but what have we won with him?..Nothing!! Is not his fault, I know.But he doesn't have much left,why not try something new?

Ozzy rules!!

Dude relax. read my posts. I dont think a 2nd rounder is high enough but I'm open to trading him for the very reasons you stated just for better value. I'm not for trading a Porsche for a Volkswagen

shouright said:
I think this is a legitimate question, because:

1) How well will Jason Taylor be playing when we become contenders for going deep into the playoffs? He already has a type of foot injury that tends to nag people for years.

2) We may not be ABLE to get anything more than a #2 for him because of his age.

So that leaves the question. I'd think long and hard about it if it's a VERY early #2 pick that we could use on a QB. Drew Brees was drafted very early in the 2nd round, for example. And drafting a QB in the early 2nd would allow us to get another cornerstone of the defense (perhaps Haloti Ngata) in the first round.

What this would also do is allow us to trade our other 2nd round pick for more picks, which would allow us to fill more holes through the draft.

It's a good question IMO.

He's relatively healthy and I see no reason he won't be good for another 4 years. To the right team like kansas city he may be worth the investment of a 1st. Look for teams with no pass rush threat that are close to competing for a Super Bowl

adamprez2003 said:
Dude relax. read my posts. I dont think a 2nd rounder is high enough but I'm open to trading him for the very reasons you stated just for better value. I'm not for trading a Porsche for a Volkswagen
Wow, a guy from NY asking me to relax?...lol...jk At least you got my point of being open minded about changes.I'd love a 1st for him but I don't think he'd get one but an early 2nd is not bad imo but I don't even know if we'd get the chance anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Blitz said:
If somebody offered us a second-round pick for Jason Taylor would you accept the trade? Note: I'm not asking if you think we can get a second or first-round pick, but if you would pull off this trade...

Let's see what the general consensus is...

:escape:

I wouldnt take a 2nd. A first would do it for me. He's one of the best at his position. A very important position. People would be more than willing to give up a first for him imo.

Regan21286 said:
Nothing can compare to the value JT brings to the Dolphins. It's like trading Marino for a sandwich.

lol...yeah, a guy like JT wont be easy to replace. We traded Surtain for a 2nd rd pick and look how much we're missing him. Losing JT would have an even worse effect.

I don't know how next year's draft order will shake out but if including JT in a deal which gets us Matt Leinart is possible then we have to do it. We are so desperately in need of a franchise QB that giving up a star DE makes a lot of sense.

Blitz said:
It's just a poll. Nobody is forcing you to participate.

I want to find out what people in here think about trading JT for a second-round pick. Let's not forget that Saban MAY trade JT this offseason, so obviously this poll IS at least somewhat relevant. Now if I created a poll asking "Would you trade Ronnie Brown for a second-round pick," I would deserve to be flamed into oblivion because it's definitely not going to happen. In comparison, this trade MAY occur this offseason. Whether or not you like it, there is a very real possibility of this happening.

keeeeeep dreaming...

Back
Top Bottom