Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters
QB2RonnieTD23 said:
a man who has done so much for the Dolphins, one of the best D-linemen we've ever had.

He's been great, nobody is questioning his talent. We want the roster upgraded, and trading Taylor is one way of making it happen. There are far too many JT groupies here to have any kind of realistic conversation in regards to trading Taylor. They don't want to do it simply because he's their "favorite player".....

A team leader, a franchise player a guy who still can produce say 10 sacks a year

Team leader is highly questionable. Our "fanchise player" is now Ronnie Brown. And most average DE's can accumulate 10 sacks a season these days....

....and yeah lets trade him for a 2nd round pick i'm sure that will amount to what Jason Taylor is right now.....

That's about all we'll get at his age. If we can get more, that would be even better. I wouldn't hesitate trading JT this off-season if we get those kinds of offers...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

No I wouldn't do it because JT might be getting old, but he still can play. We should never trade JT because he is a playmaker and other OL fears him.

Ace88 said:
No I wouldn't do it because JT might be getting old, but he still can play.

That's exactly why we should do it. "He's getting old, but he can still play"....

That's when you trade him away, while he's still making plays. How many more seasons are you expecting JT to produce at a high level???...He's already starting to tail off, and in a another year it could be too late to get the value we need in that kind of trade....

We should never trade JT

Never say never....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Some people on here like to think that they're better fans than others just cos they wouldn't trade their favorite player.I think JT is everyone's favorite player but keeping him may not help us win anything.Some guys on here sound as if we could never win the superbowl if we trade him but we haven't won it with him anyway.Then some others say that a 2nd round pick wont be as good as he is right now.Well, JT was a 3rd rounder and Zack was a 5th rounder and Sam was a 2nd rounder.But lets just say that the rookie is not as good right away, he can get better in a year or 2 and he can be here for 8 more years.Lets face it guys,noone on that overated, over the hill defence should be safe(talking about the older guys)and is time to try something different.

Ozzy rules!!

Finz Fury said:
lol...yeah, a guy like JT wont be easy to replace. We traded Surtain for a 2nd rd pick and look how much we're missing him. Losing JT would have an even worse effect.

I agree with this quote, look what happened when we gave away Surtain.
If we got rid of Taylor we'd be in bad shape.

I vote no!

Dolfinite said:
I agree with this quote, look what happened when we gave away Surtain.
If we got rid of Taylor we'd be in bad shape.

I vote no!

Totally different circumstances. It's not like we'd be getting rid of Taylor, and not replacing him in the process. We'd find a DE who can get the job done. You guys act like Taylor is the only decent DE in the NFL. There's always going to be someone out there who will come along, and fill the hole. That's just the nature of the game....

What is Taylor doing this season that any other decent DE couldn't do???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I wouldnt call him decent id call him explosive, maybe not this year,due to an injury but he isnt that old that we shouldnt trade away one of our best players.

Nah, I don't think trading Jason Taylor for an unproven QB of the future is a good idea. Guess I'm conservative.

Dolfinite said:
I wouldnt call him decent id call him explosive, maybe not this year,due to an injury but he isnt that old that we shouldnt trade away one of our best players.

At this stage, I'd call him average. Injuries are a poor excuse, and if he is in decline due to injury, why keep him around??....

There are plenty of DE's in this league who can produce the way Taylor does. In fact, there's a good handful who do it better....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
At this stage, I'd call him average. Injuries are a poor excuse, and if he is in decline due to injury, why keep him around??....

There are plenty of DE's in this league who can produce the way Taylor does. In fact, there's a good handful who do it better....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Its true his injury is pretty bad, i just dont want to throw my JT jersey away. :goof:

F150&Dolfan said:
Nah, I don't think trading Jason Taylor for an unproven QB of the future is a good idea. Guess I'm conservative.

Who said anything about trading him for an unproven QB???....

That's not the thinking here. We trade JT for a solid draft choice, it could be any position of concern, it doesn't have to be a QB....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Totally different circumstances. It's not like we'd be getting rid of Taylor, and not replacing him in the process. We'd find a DE who can get the job done. You guys act like Taylor is the only decent DE in the NFL. There's always going to be someone out there who will come along, and fill the hole. That's just the nature of the game....

What is Taylor doing this season that any other decent DE couldn't do???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

What is Taylor doing this season that is so special. Are you serious??????? How about playing through a very painful foot injury and giving it all he can week after week. This guy hasn't missed a start in years and that to me brings his value WAAAYYYY up.

Look at Richard Seymour, great player who's becoming as injury prone as John Offerdahl. Seems like Seymour misses at least 6 games every season with a sore ****** or something. We have a warrior in JT. He plays through whatever he can. That's important.

Back
Top Bottom