Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters
Dolfinite said:
Its true his injury is pretty bad, i just dont want to throw my JT jersey away. :goof:

It's like an old watch, you wear it even though it doesn't keep great time. It's a nice showpiece, but when you need it, it's not always reliable.....

Time to buy a new watch....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Who said anything about trading him for an unproven QB???....

That's not the thinking here. We trade JT for a solid draft choice, it could be any position of concern, it doesn't have to be a QB....

PHINZ RULE!!!

There was a list earlier in the thraed, maybe you missed it, that included a draft pick, Matt Schaub, good prospect but still unproven in my eyes, I can give stats), Billy Volek, has been solid, but is he worth JT, Phillip Rivers, totally unproven, and I'm sorry Drew Brees is proven but i still don't know if he's worth it. No first round pick is a sure bet (See Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Tony mandarich to name a few) and we know what we have in JT. Also I knid of feel like we already got taken once for trading a DE. Ogun has 7 sacks this year and is a part of the best Defense in the NFL. Really good DE's are at a premium in this league.

For a 2nd no way. Imagine if he went to the Jest and played opposite Abraham. That would work out great for us I bet.

There are DE's coming out of the woodwork every season. Every season....

I understand the devotion to JT, but the team is much more important than one player. A player on the decline at that, be it minimal. It's still a position we'll have to transform sooner or later, and JT doesn't have many years left....

His trade value is worth more to this team, than his on the field contributions at this stage IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

F150&Dolfan said:
Imagine if he went to the Jest and played opposite Abraham. That would work out great for us I bet.

On the flip side, imagine in two years when Taylor / Abraham are retired, and with that pick they gave us, we've got a young stud DE emerging into greatness.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

When TO... the premier receiver in the league gets traded for a 2nd.... there's NOWAY JT goes for a 1st.. i would be surprised if he would fetch a 2nd. i could see more of a straight up trade.

You have to use the TO trade as a barometer for player values.

Canadianfishfan said:
When TO... the premier receiver in the league gets traded for a 2nd.... there's NOWAY JT goes for a 1st.. i would be surprised if he would fetch a 2nd. i could see more of a straight up trade.

That's another good point. I don't know if teams are willing to throw draft picks at older players at this point. We really had to hold out for a 2nd sof Surtain and the Chiefs were desperate for a CB.

Blitz said:
We're two or three offseasons away from being real contenders again. By the time that day arrives, ZT, JT, and Madison will either be in the twilight of their careers or retired. I say we ought to bring a close to the failed JJ era by trading them, and moving on. We're not going to win a championship with any of them. Their shot at a title in Miami has passed.

Let's invest in the future.
Let's get younger and hungrier.
Let's write a new and more successful chapter in Miami Dolphins history.

Why dont you tell Thomas and Taylor that they are not hungrier than the local rookie. These two players still play at a high level. You dont get rid of players when they are contributing and making plays. the only time you get rid guys like that is when you have somebody that can step right in and not miss a beat. As of right now we dont have anybody. So who do you think we replace Taylor and Thomas with?

Blasphemy! You should be hung at the stake.

Canadianfishfan said:

no you dont, you use positions as a guide. There is a premium on DB"s and DE in this league. Tbey are too hard to come by.

Blitz said:
If somebody offered us a second-round pick for Jason Taylor would you accept the trade? Note: I'm not asking if you think we can get a second or first-round pick, but if you would pull off this trade...

Let's see what the general consensus is...

:escape:

what the f**k is with u and wanting to trade the best players on the team? plz answer that

Not a second. Offer a first and he's yours. I love and will always love JT, but like Surtain, it may be time to part ways for the greater good. If the opportunity presents itself, i'll take a 1st. I would consider a high 2nd.

Its more than likely that Zach is going to be gone after this season... if they traded JT too... i would not be happy. Jason needs to retire a dolphin... he still has so much in him and he has made arrangements on his contract for the better of the team a few times already.. its in our best interest to keep him.

infiltrateib said:
YESSS, this thread is now "official," dominizzo has said something under seven words and unintelligible.

carry on.

I say we trade him to the Patriots, they need a DE don't they? :lol:

he still has so much in him and he has made arrangements on his contract for the better of the team a few times already.. its in our best interest to keep him.

That's why it wouldn't be such a bad idea to consider a trade while he still has worth. Come on people, I know everyone is in love with Jason, and rightfully so, but its time to get younger and quicker on defense. We could get a top corner, or safety, or even a qb with the pick we'd acquire. I think trading JT for a high pick makes all the sense in the world at this point.

Back
Top Bottom