Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

Would You Trade Jason Taylor For A Second Round Pick?

• Yes

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters
Eric-Honduras said:
dissing Jason Taylor... for a 2nd round pick..... lol

heck no...

Maybe just lower his pay a bit then! He is not over-rated but at this point in what the fins need to do, he maybe over-paid. We need money for the building

Finz Fury said:
lol...yeah, a guy like JT wont be easy to replace. We traded Surtain for a 2nd rd pick and look how much we're missing him. Losing JT would have an even worse effect.

Good point! His foot problems really bother me....hope its not a turf-toe, as they never seem to really heal.

Regan21286 said:
Nothing can compare to the value JT brings to the Dolphins. It's like trading Marino for a sandwich.

What does he bring?

I Would Trade Just About Anyone , For The Right Price ...

A 2nd Is Not Enough For Jt But For A First I Would .

taylor deserves a lot of respect. He's one of those guys you let them play in your team until he retires...I would be tempted for a 1st though I think we should never shop him around. Him and Zach.

Nobody wants to see players like Zach or JT in a different uniform, but with the business of the NFL their is a good possibility that they'll end their careers with a different teams. I would trade him, it would have to be a high 2nd, or a 2nd and say a 5th or 6th, he's great but by the time the Phins are a playoff team I think he'll be expendable.

You dont trade a Jason Taylor. Havent we learned yet. Patrick Surtain shouldve never been traded. It is without a doubt had we still had Patrick we'd atleast be 500. marinate on that for a second. Think of the plays Howard and Daniels have given up by being beat or by pass interference. Maybe Will Poole might not be hurt if he didnt have added pressure on him....who knows...but I know we'd be 500. Now we are speaking of trading our defensive leader as if he has run out of gas. JT has 5 years of great football left in him.

Blitz said:
If somebody offered us a second-round pick for Jason Taylor would you accept the trade? Note: I'm not asking if you think we can get a second or first-round pick, but if you would pull off this trade...

Let's see what the general consensus is...

:escape:

I would trade him for a 2nd and 3rd but not just a second

Blitz said:
If somebody offered us a second-round pick for Jason Taylor would you accept the trade? Note: I'm not asking if you think we can get a second or first-round pick, but if you would pull off this trade...

Let's see what the general consensus is...

:escape:

You are a very brave Poster. Gotta go! :eek:

Danny said:
Some people on here like to think that they're better fans than others just cos they wouldn't trade their favorite player.I think JT is everyone's favorite player but keeping him may not help us win anything.Some guys on here sound as if we could never win the superbowl if we trade him but we haven't won it with him anyway.Then some others say that a 2nd round pick wont be as good as he is right now.Well, JT was a 3rd rounder and Zack was a 5th rounder and Sam was a 2nd rounder.But lets just say that the rookie is not as good right away, he can get better in a year or 2 and he can be here for 8 more years.Lets face it guys,noone on that overated, over the hill defence should be safe(talking about the older guys)and is time to try something different.

Ozzy rules!!

There are very few of us saying that he should not be traded no matter what. What most of us "homers" are trying to say is that nobody is going to offer us what he is worth to our team. A second round pick WOULD NOT BE ENOUGH. If we get what he is worth, trade him but dont dump him off for whatever we could get. He deserves better than that

AquaAssasin said:
no you dont, you use positions as a guide. There is a premium on DB"s and DE in this league. Tbey are too hard to come by.

I disagree.. you're talking about value for a draft pick.
T.O. is the aboslute best WR in the league bar none. Surtain is to 5 bar none.. Is Taylor a top 5 DE? Top 10 maybe. His valure to us and his value on the open market maybe 2 vary different things.
More importantly, the upside of keeping the pick for it's pure potential...maybe more than picking up an aging vet.

Back
Top Bottom