Would you: Trade Tua for Dak? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you: Trade Tua for Dak?

I know 5 sounds better for the trash you been pushing but it`s 4 years , he hasn`t even started his 5th yet and if you think the team he was on the first 2 years had any chance of making the playoffs well i don`t know what to tell you .
He wants to be paid like the man because he is the man .. Put any other QB behind that line once the injuries start happening and the only stats going up are the other teams sacks and interceptions . Playoff wins is a team stat .. If certain players have bad games or end up injured that`s not on him .

Your dilemma is ridiculous . No team not one can confidently say once this season starts that there QB can get them to the Superbowl . As for playoff wins , we almost beat the Bills with Skylar fking Thompson at QB with Tua in there we would have smoked them .

Anyways I`m done talking to you about this . I`m not changing your opinion and your definitely not changing mine .

Please stop creating these types of posts, what the hell has Dak done that makes him better than TUA? Dak is a one read QB, the throws Tua makes Dak could never do.

It does not matter how many playoff games he has lost.

what matters is that he is year 5....
what matters is he wants to be paid like he is the fking man
what matters is he has zero playoff wins in 5 years.

He wants to be paid and to be paid like he is the future and the franchise QB
5 years no idea if he can win in the post season
5 years and no idea if he can get us to the superbowl

That is the dilemma.
Isn’t that assigning a team issue to one player?

I know 5 sounds better for the trash you been pushing but it`s 4 years , he hasn`t even started his 5th yet and if you think the team he was on the first 2 years had any chance of making the playoffs well i don`t know what to tell you .
He wants to be paid like the man because he is the man .. Put any other QB behind that line once the injuries start happening and the only stats going up are the other teams sacks and interceptions . Playoff wins is a team stat .. If certain players have bad games or end up injured that`s not on him .

Your dilemma is ridiculous . No team not one can confidently say once this season starts that there QB can get them to the Superbowl . As for playoff wins , we almost beat the Bills with Skylar fking Thompson at QB with Tua in there we would have smoked them .

Anyways I`m done talking to you about this . I`m not changing your opinion and your definitely not changing mine .
This is year 5 and we do not know if Tua can win in the post season or get us to a Superbowl.

Nope we never even made the playoff`s when Fitz was with us . KC is his only playoff game so far
My memory is failing. I believe it was the game against the Bills there, frigid weather… if we win, we’d go to the playoffs? Whatever, my bad for incorrect comments.

I would not mind drafting rookie qb again. Paying any qb that not top 5 big money is waste off time.

Does this top 5 big money apply to all positions?

Let's draft a QB every 4 years so we never have to pay them. Sounds like a plan.
All positions do not command 20%+ of the salary cap, so that is a false equivalency in terms of the economics of a given situation.

Your second sentence implies something the poster did not say. I'll chalk that up to sarcasm but it really comes down to whether or not one believes Tua can be "the man" to lead the Dolphins' to true, solid Championship contention on a yearly basis.

I understand the position that he is "the best we've had since Marino".

I also understand that is not a particularly high bar, so that is not very high in my decision making process.

To be fair, both of those teams not only had a chance to make the playoffs, but actually lost games at the end of the season that would have put them in the playoffs. Week 17 at Buffalo in 2020 was a, “win and you’re in” game, and week 16 at Tennessee in 2021 was a “win and you control your own destiny game”. Tua was awful in both of those games.

Edit: Punctuation matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom