wow

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
Derrick Morgan is not a factor. Since we love tape here. This is what I have:
1 defensive holding on morgan
2. Blocked by a back who then catches a dump off and goes for 40 yards
3. Stood straight up at least 6 times.

This is in the first quarter against iowa.

Two consecutive plays #77 Reiff put morgan in the turf. The play prior morgan got off a block to stoblock to stop the run for about 4 yds.

First good play by morgan. Good bull rush on bulaga. Bulaga could have been flagged for hands to the face.

I am going to bed but someone isolate him for the second half. He has a nice moto and appears fairly strong but he hasn't been close to special.

He almost got to Stanzi with a good spin move on the RT. I like what I have seen of him so far. Also saw him get double teamed a few times. He's got a good motor. Anxious to see him in the second half.

To me, Adrian Clayborn looks like the best defensive prospect in this game. He's only a junior, but wow. Man can he really move for such a big man. He took down Nesbitt real easy on that sack towards the end of the first half, and Nesbitt is about as big and strong as QB's come.

I've said this from the beginning, Derrick Morgan reminds me of Aaron Maybin. A player who's stock rised after one monster season. He's imo most likely a one year wonder, and will be drafted by some saps who look at his combine stats in awe and take him in the top 10.

I've said this from the beginning, Derrick Morgan reminds me of Aaron Maybin. A player who's stock rised after one monster season. He's imo most likely a one year wonder, and will be drafted by some saps who look at his combine stats in awe and take him in the top 10.

tonight he looks like jamaal anderson with more pass rush moves...he's a very good run defender and has a repertoire of pass rush moves but doesn't show any explosion imo

There wasn't much he could do on the pass to Moeaki you're talking about....he was blocked for all of 1 second by the TE then he released into his route....the linebacker never picked him up after that....

Morgan wasn't supposed to be running down the field with the TE on the play....he's a DE....it was a perfect play design by Iowa....

They tried to run the same play on him again and it wasn't successful...

He absolutely destroyed Kyle Calloway on Iowa's first offensive snap of the game...

His motor is non stop....and he's usually dropping into coverage on the OPPOSITE side of the play when Iowa rips off a big run....he sets the edge in the run game as well as any DE in the country..

He's worth a top 10 pick if he comes out IMO....he has to do it all by himself...nobody else on GT's defensive line even has more than 2 or 3 sacks this year....you can bet Kirk Ferentz knows where this kid is..

I actually saw him drop into coverage with the receiver when they had a huge run to the opposite side of the field. Didn't look bad to me.

I always find it so interesting how different people see different things.

Over on another board, Boomer, myself, Con and another guy who does draft work for other sites not related to Universal Draft, are watching and discussing play by play, and we're generally awe-struck by Derrick Morgan.

IMO he's a top 5 or top 10 pick. And he's showing it tonight.

I'll admit that I haven't watched Morgan much this season, but last season I caught a few Georgia Tech games on CBS and Morgan was pretty much non existant on defense. This year he has seemed to break out, but one breakout season doesn't warrant a top 10 pick.

Back
Top Bottom