wow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow

i don't know what i think right now...i just wonder if he has the explosion to get to the qb on a consistent basis as a 4-3 end...no question the guy is a killer run defender

as a 3-4 solb i don't know

I'm personally seeing a good burst off the snap. He is explosive. Good work use of his hands pushing his man back, staying low. Looked good when I saw him actually drop in coverage.

Nobody can fault him for that long play by the tight end in the first quarter. His assignment was to rush the quarterback, not drop back.

You have to pay attention to technique and roles. On run downs he's not going all out in pass rush because that's not his job. Watch him on third downs in obvious pass rush. I know you guys have already noted a few third down plays in here where he stood out in pass rush. That's not a coincidence.

Another thing in Morgan's defense, the Iowa line hasn't had to pay too much attention to anyone else on the defensive line when it comes to getting to the quarterback. The sack by the linebacker earlier was largely helped by Morgan's presence on the outside.

You have to pay attention to technique and roles. On run downs he's not going all out in pass rush because that's not his job. Watch him on third downs in obvious pass rush. I know you guys have already noted a few third down plays in here where he stood out in pass rush. That's not a coincidence.

i understand and i'm seeing a lot of power play to get in the backfield...a lot

i'm seeing the spin move also but he's not getting away from the tackle when he uses it for my eyes...just not exploding out of it

great motor though...

definitely 1st round talent for me... top 12..i don't know

if we're looking for a right tackle buluga looks like the goods to me...i think he's a very good run blocker and very solid in pass pro

power player...

I'll admit that I haven't watched Morgan much this season, but last season I caught a few Georgia Tech games on CBS and Morgan was pretty much non existant on defense. This year he has seemed to break out, but one breakout season doesn't warrant a top 10 pick.

He led all Georgia Tech defensive lineman in tackles last year...and that's a unit that had 4 NFL players on it.....he was 2nd on the team in sacks with 7 (behind Michael Johnson)....and was tied for 2nd in the COUNTRY with 4 fumble recoveries...

All he's done this year is win the ACC Defensive Player of the Year Award and lead the ACC in TFL's and seal the victory in the ACC Championship Game for them...

anybody else wondering about bebe's speed more now after seeing the dbs stay in their back pedal forever and still stay with him running down the field???

i am...a lot

He led all Georgia Tech defensive lineman in tackles last year...and that's a unit that had 4 NFL players on it.....he was 2nd on the team in sacks with 7 (behind Michael Johnson)....and was tied for 2nd in the COUNTRY with 4 fumble recoveries...

All he's done this year is win the ACC Defensive Player of the Year Award and lead the ACC in TFL's and seal the victory in the ACC Championship Game for them...

I don't know. I did watch his technique and it was fine, not great, but it was good enough.

Still, I had that feeling that he just wasn't impressive when I saw him perform. When I draft 12th, I want a game changer on my team. I just didn't get that feeling when watching Morgan play.

I know that doesn't sound in depth, but that was what I felt when I watched him play.

He's not using much of a speed rush tonight. I don't think he needs to. He's getting to the QB in other ways. I think we agree he's hellish against the run here. Using the speed rush over and over has its drawbacks.

It's hard to draw conclusions about Bebe when they haven't thrown the ball pretty much at all.

Back
Top Bottom