wow | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow

I really can't agree that there's nothing that Spiller can do that McCluster can't.

Chris Johnson is dangerous because he can break tackles. He has the most yards after contact of anyone in the league. C.J. Spiller can break tackles the same way Chris Johnson does, with a combination of balance, sturdiness, speed and agility. Dexter McCluster will not break tackles in the NFL.

I really can't agree that there's nothing that Spiller can do that McCluster can't.

Chris Johnson is dangerous because he can break tackles. He has the most yards after contact of anyone in the league. C.J. Spiller can break tackles the same way Chris Johnson does, with a combination of balance, sturdiness, speed and agility. Dexter McCluster will not break tackles in the NFL.

i would have to agree with that...but i think mccluster will be a real weapon in the pros in a variety of ways

The difference between C.J. Spiller and Dexter McCluster in terms of their usefulness for the pro game will be about 12 to 13 touches.

McCluster is a guy I might try and find a way to get the ball 2 to 5 times a game.

Spiller is a guy I would find a way to get the ball between 15 and 20 times a game.

The difference between C.J. Spiller and Dexter McCluster in terms of their usefulness for the pro game will be about 12 to 13 touches.

McCluster is a guy I might try and find a way to get the ball 2 to 5 times a game.

Spiller is a guy I would find a way to get the ball between 15 and 20 times a game.

Another difference is that Spiller is projected in the early part of the first round while McCluster is projected in the 5th round or so. I really like Dexter McCluster and Jahvid Best because we can get them at a much cheaper price than Spiller while still getting some explosiveness and production out of them. Noel Devine is also someone to look at to.

Now that I agree with....

However, if you're going to draft C.J. Spiller with the 12th overall pick to break tackles in the NFL...I think it's disappointment on the horizon there as well.....

If you draft either player with the intention of getting them the ball in space or mismatched one-on-one with a defender....well now you're getting somewhere....

I'd let McCluster/Spiller return every kick....(3-5 touches a game there)..

I'd let McCluster carry it 2-3 times on sweeps, Wildcrutches, whatnots....2-3 screen passes, etc.....

You're looking at 10-12 touches a game....Spiller would probably carry it 10 more times.....but he's not effective between the tackles...at least not enough to warrant 12th pick vs. 150th pick, etc...

I agree the difference would be 12-13 touches etc....

I don't see giving a guy as diminutive as McCluster 10-12 touches a game. Recipe for disaster.

And yes I see Spiller making yards after contact in the NFL.

If C.J. Spiller is not worth the #12 pick then no running back is worth the #12 pick because in today's NFL no team really takes a back with the idea in mind of giving them 20+ carries a game.

Spiller isn't quite MJD....I don't think he's going to break enough tackles for it to matter...

Anyway...if you chart McClusters touches....he averaged touching the ball 18 times per game......for an average of 144 yards per game....and about 1 TD per game....

He averages 8 yards per touch......let me say that again....he averaged 8 yards per TOUCH...

The only reason he had 11 total touchdowns and didn't average more touches/yards per game is because Nutt was trying to force the offense through Snead the first 6 or 7 weeks of the season....

After he started running the offense through McCluster....he averaged 28 touches per game......for an average of 217 yards per game....and almost 2 touchdowns per game....

If you didn't try to get the ball in this kids hands 10-12 times per game....that would be the disaster IMO....and he doesn't fumble...

I think he could handle a dozen touches or so...

I dunno. McCluster reminds me of another back from Ole Miss who will have problems in the NFL.. Remember John Avery ?

While Spiller looks like the real deal. This guy is going to be good.

I think it's silly to compare the two when it comes to their NFL prospects. And I don;t know who it was who mentioned he could bust like McFadden. Because I also don't see a comparison there. McFadden had skinny legs, ran high, and was a one cut runner. Spiller's game is nothing like that.

I never liked McFadden, for a lot of reasons. There are A LOT of reasons to love Spiller.. Again, two totally different situations and two totally different players.

So people need to stop using that silly McFadden excuse.

John Avery? I'm talking about McCluster in the middle rounds.....not the 1st round....

That's like saying C.J. Spiller reminds me of Trung Canidate...

McCluster will get killed in the NFL as a RB.

He needs to start eating like 4 years ago.

It's funny how some people on this site think that Morgan could transition to an OLB in our scheme. He couldn't even catch Ricky Stanzi from behind!

Ricky Stanzi is not a slow quarterback. Greg Ellis was an excellent SOLB for Dallas. He wouldn't have caught Ricky Stanzi from behind.

I didn't watch the second half, but I guess with the first half that's the beauty of opinions. I saw a defensive end who has power but very little in the way of pass rush moves especially against iowa's more lightly regarded tackle.

Ricky Stanzi is not a slow quarterback. Greg Ellis was an excellent SOLB for Dallas. He wouldn't have caught Ricky Stanzi from behind.

Stanzi has 2 rushing yards in 3 collegiate seasons. He's not a burner or even a mobile QB. The point was that an OLB in our system should be able to chase down a QB with average speed. Why would we want a pass rusher who can only catch slow QBs?

And where the hell did the Greg Ellis reference come from? :err:

Back
Top Bottom