WR River Cracraft wearing the orange jersey. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR River Cracraft wearing the orange jersey.

I wonder if Cracraft getting the orange jersey means he above EE, PW, LBJr and Sherfield or if it's just that he delivered above the expectations had for him by coaching.
It means he will make the team. He blocks downfield and that matters to McD

Definitely not a star, but did have 128yds and a TD in a super bowl. Never caught more than 41 balls in a season though.

So not close to a star.

People have this misconception that anytime someone leaves Miami they become a star somewhere else, especially New England, because if happened to Wes Welker.

But for every Wes Welker there's a 100 Malcolm Perry's.

Well Cracraft might be a McD favorite but Bowden is a Tua favorite so who knows. On the other hand I'm not sure Williams is a fit.
I think either PW will really have to show something or EE will have to fail to show that he can contribute as a size mismatch this year for Preston to make the team. Bowden is anyones guess at this point. I don’t see EE getting cut with where we drafted him unless discipline/legal issues were the cause.

I don't know much about River Cracraft. Can't remember seeing him play with SF and I watched a lot of their games.

But those final one or two spots at wide receiver are definitely open competition.

Whichever one of them that makes the roster will likely be the 6th WR on the depth chart. I think Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Ezukanma, and Sherfield are the top 5 and everyone of the other WR’s are fighting for that 6th WR spot.

With Gesicki likely playing a WR spot on many offensive plays, I don’t see the 6th WR on the roster getting much playing time during the season unless there are several injuries at the WR position again.

I think that at least 1 WR will be on the inactive list every week the top 5 are healthy.
Who the hell is Sherfield and why would he have a roster spot locked up? Is he a ST ace? Only reason I can think of to be thought so highly of.-

I expect that River Cracraft was given the opportunity to compete to make the roster by Coach McDaniel because he knows him from San Francisco and he competes well at practice. However he is a 27 year old WR (6'0", 198 lbs) who has 8 receptions and yet to catch a TD in the NFL after 5 seasons on and off 4 team rosters. In 2021 he only made the 49ers Practice Squad and was paid just $46,000. As for the orange jersey, coach was probably recognizing his effort at OTA's. I expect that he is still a long shot to make the roster, although he's probably got a better attitude and is a lower maintenance item than Preston Williams.
Trent Sherfield, (26 years old, 6'0", 219 lbs) in contrast, is a well established Special Teams player and he will probably make the roster. per Spotrac - (Trent Sherfield signed a 1 year, $1,187,500 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $152,500 signing bonus, $502,500 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,187,500. In 2022, Sherfield will earn a base salary of $1,035,000 and a signing bonus, while carrying a cap hit of $1,047,500 and a dead cap value of $502,500.

In assessing the comparative roster prospects before training camp, look at the money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom