wrestling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wrestling

Boston

Miami Dolfan.
Reaction score
the bash at the beach, since comming to the wwe. well to put nicely has sucked.. And this year looked like itd be the year that itd be ok.. Well now henry fed up his knee. Lashley and the great khali both wont do there matches due to live problems. And the biggest draw, was the punjabi match, which without khali, will prolly jus be a cage match witht taker/show

thoughts?

Get the name of the PPV right before you start talking.

It's the GREAT AMERICAN BASH not the Bash at the Beach!:shakeno:

I read that they were replacing Khali with Big Show, although they didn't say if they were changing the type of match.

Hope to see them put up the ECW belt for this one, id like to see Undertaker get some sort of belt, being he has put so many years in the business and is pretty much now one of the all time greats in the business

Yeah, I was hoping for Batista and Mark Henry to go at it. But unfortunately, that's not the case.

As for ECW.... I mean, it's still good, but it doesn't have what it had in the past.

I remember every single last in an ECW event was a No Holds Barred match. I remember bloody matches and weapons being used that WWE and the now defunct WCW rarely touched. And not to mention the high flying styles of any luchadores like Eddie Guerrero (RIP), and Super Crazy.

Yeah the old ECW was good. I used to like watching RVD do those spectacular high flying moves. The funniest guy was Joel Gertner, his little speeches and rhymes were so funny, I wish they would bring him back, he was great haha

If im not mistaken I think ecw used to be real its fake now.

Perfect23 said:
If im not mistaken I think ecw used to be real its fake now.

it was never real. are you kidding me???? you can't be seirous. Real. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

MikeO said:
it was never real. are you kidding me???? you can't be seirous. Real. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

oh:roman529:

The Smackdown brand is just terrible right now. Chris Benoit is out, Angle went to ECW, Eddie passed away (RIP), Rey Mysterio being the World Champ is a joke (and I love the guy) and he's losing every week to guys like Mark Henry.

The WWE should just put Smackdown and RAW back together and have a 3 hour RAW on Mondays and a 2 hour Smackdown back on Thursdays (moving to Fridays was a terrible idea). And cut the rosters and get rid of the dead weight.

It's too bad WCW and the real ECW went under. From 1996 to 2003 that was some awesome wrestling 5 days/nights out of the week. Now it's basically crap because the WWE failed to make new stars since Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H and buried the guys that could have really made a lot of money and draw (Jericho, Benoit, Christian, Eddie, etc).

Ray Finkle said:
a 2 hour Smackdown back on Thursdays (moving to Fridays was a terrible idea). .

They have no say in that. It's a UPN/CW decision.

MikeO said:
They have no say in that. It's a UPN/CW decision.

Oh I know, I'm just saying moving it to Fridays basically killed the brand for good. Who's going to stay at home on a Friday to watch it when they can get the results on Wednesday morning?

Ray Finkle said:
It's too bad WCW and the real ECW went under. From 1996 to 2003 that was some awesome wrestling 5 days/nights out of the week. Now it's basically crap because the WWE failed to make new stars since Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H and buried the guys that could have really made a lot of money and draw (Jericho, Benoit, Christian, Eddie, etc).

WCW was god f'n awful. ECW at the end was worse.

You have wrestling on 5 nights a week now
Mon-Raw
Tues-ECW
Wed-OFF
Thurs-TNA
Fri-Smackdown
Sat-TNA again

Christian sucks. WWE was right about him. Since he joined TNA he has bombed. Jericho got a huge push and headlined WrestleMania, what more do you want? Then he retired, WWE can't force him to work!!!! :shakeno: Eddie also got a monster push and was a huge star. Beniot can't speak on the mic, only so much you can do with a guy who can't talk.

The problem is the writing sucks and you have these wrestlers who aren't trained properly who think they can put togther 7 high spots and they have a good match. They just don't get it and don't tell any stories in their matches and know when to use moves and every move doesn't need to be done in every match.

Ray Finkle said:
Oh I know, I'm just saying moving it to Fridays basically killed the brand for good. Who's going to stay at home on a Friday to watch it when they can get the results on Wednesday morning?

They get the same ratings on Friday they were getting on Thursdays. So its not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom