wrestling | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wrestling

MikeO said:
WCW was god f'n awful. ECW at the end was worse.

You have wrestling on 5 nights a week now
Mon-Raw
Tues-ECW
Wed-OFF
Thurs-TNA
Fri-Smackdown
Sat-TNA again

Christian sucks. WWE was right about him. Since he joined TNA he has bombed. Jericho got a huge push and headlined WrestleMania, what more do you want? Then he retired, WWE can't force him to work!!!! :shakeno: Eddie also got a monster push and was a huge star. Beniot can't speak on the mic, only so much you can do with a guy who can't talk.

The problem is the writing sucks and you have these wrestlers who aren't trained properly who think they can put togther 7 high spots and they have a good match. They just don't get it and don't tell any stories in their matches and know when to use moves and every move doesn't need to be done in every match.

WCW from 1996 to 2000 wasn't awful. It was great wrestling with great wrestlers. And killer angles. The problem was they didn't have long term plans and kept doing the same nWo stuff and fans got sick of it and started watching RAW. WCW back then is 100 times better than TNA now.

ECW was a gimmick brand but it was very entertaining and still is a draw just look at the DVD sales. I admit it's not for everyone though.

Christian doesn't suck, he was never given a chance because top guys (Triple H) never wanted him to get to the top. He's talented, gold on the mic and has charisma. His size was the only thing that went against him because McMahon loves the big men. I don't watch TNA much so I couldn't tell you if he bombed or not, but I know he was the champion for awhile.

As for Jericho, he was buried by Triple H. And forced to tone down his ring style so guys like Austin and Triple H could keep up. None of them wanted to job to him except for Rocky. Jericho was put in a crappy angle during his WM match and was made into a joke. He retired because he was tired of all the backstage politics involved. If used right Jericho could have been as big of a star as The Rock, maybe bigger.

Benoit couldn't talk you're 100% right but he was over big time with the crowd and could work a 5 star match with anyone. With the right writing he wouldn't have to talk to make him an even bigger star.

I agree with your last paragraph though. The writing sucks and the wrestlers nowadays just sucks. McMahon has an obsession with big guys that can't work to save their life. He doesn't understand fans want to see Angle and Benoit wrestle each other instead of the Big Show vs. Undertaker or Kane vs. Mark Henry.

I pretty much stopped watching WWF after the name change, I don't know why that is, well I did watch a little WWE, but as soon as Rock was gone and Stone Cold was hurt, I don't know, it just wasn't entertaining to me anymore . . then when they had 2 different shows with different wrestlers on each show . . . I felt confused and never got back into it.

I mainly watched WWF because of the dialouge . . I mean I knew the wrestling was fake, but they had some characters . . Angle, The Rock, HHH, I mean it used to be very entertaining. Back then I could stop watching for a few months, tune back in, and I was back into the thick of it . . I try that now, I am completely lost . . guess it is not worth it to get back into it considering the comments in this thread.

MikeO said:
Get the name of the PPV right before you start talking.

It's the GREAT AMERICAN BASH not the Bash at the Beach!:shakeno:
Bash at the Beach was actually a Pay Per View by WCW, the best "SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT WRESTLING" organization EVER.

Vertical Limit said:
Bash at the Beach was actually a Pay Per View by WCW, the best "SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT WRESTLING" organization EVER.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Yeah, I mean who couldn't love an organization that had DAVID ARQUETTE (Mr. Courtney Cox) as their champ! :sidelol: :sidelol:

The only time WCW took over in the ratings and they kept like a streak for a long time is when Hogan sold out and NWO started up! Which was genius but they needed to have a follow up which they didn't and it eventually got old!

wazzy said:
The only time WCW took over in the ratings and they kept like a streak for a long time is when Hogan sold out and NWO started up! Which was genius but they needed to have a follow up which they didn't and it eventually got old!

It wasn't even genius. It wasn an idea that they ripped off from Japan.

New Japan ran the angle in Japan, it was a success, so WCW ran the same angle here in the states and it took off here too.

The promoter in Japan was the one who came up with the idea, all WCW did was copy it.

MikeO said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Yeah, I mean who couldn't love an organization that had DAVID ARQUETTE (Mr. Courtney Cox) as their champ! :sidelol: :sidelol:
:sidelol:

the bash yesterday was too predictable... everyone had to see chavo was goona cost rey the title...that was too obvious...

MikeO said:
It wasn't even genius. It wasn an idea that they ripped off from Japan.

New Japan ran the angle in Japan, it was a success, so WCW ran the same angle here in the states and it took off here too.

The promoter in Japan was the one who came up with the idea, all WCW did was copy it.

:wink: Just because its stolen doesn't make it not genius! It makes it unoriginal!

wazzy said:
:wink: Just because its stolen doesn't make it not genius! It makes it unoriginal!

Sure it does. The genius part is the guy in japan. He invented the concept.

So if I invent something, and use it and it works and makes $$$. Then someone from the other side of the planet takes this idea and trys it in his country and it works....is he a genius? NO, he just ripped off a good idea. That's not genius.

Opportunistic, ok, maybe. But not "genius"

Silverphin said:
Yeah, I was hoping for Batista and Mark Henry to go at it. But unfortunately, that's not the case.

As for ECW.... I mean, it's still good, but it doesn't have what it had in the past.

I remember every single last in an ECW event was a No Holds Barred match. I remember bloody matches and weapons being used that WWE and the now defunct WCW rarely touched. And not to mention the high flying styles of any luchadores like Eddie Guerrero (RIP), and Super Crazy.

they need to get Taz's butt off the announcing chair and back into the ring... his character back in ECW, and the way they portrayed him, was killer. now he plays the dorky sidekick announcer role, and it doesnt fit him.

Sabu cannot keep up what he is doing, he has too many injuries and other issues to be reliable. RVD doesnt want to comply with the drug policy, so he cannot be counted on either.

the more WWE talent they bring over, the less the ECW product stands out.

MikeO said:
The problem is the writing sucks and you have these wrestlers who aren't trained properly who think they can put togther 7 high spots and they have a good match. They just don't get it and don't tell any stories in their matches and know when to use moves and every move doesn't need to be done in every match.

i agree. and when they put the title on a guy like Cena (and leave it on him for as long as they did), who can barely string three moves together to begin with, things arent good either.

sadly WWE killed the competition within the business, and without competition any product is bound to get stale. and they are certainly that at present.

the most creative thing they can come up with currently is a rehash of DX where Michaels wont do anything that will offend his religious sensitivities. yawwwwwwn

MikeO said:

the end days were brutal to watch, no doubt... with Hogan, Nash, and Hall's egos running the ship, and Bishoffs nose up all three's backsides.

but go back to the mid to late 80's and the early 90's and the NWA/ WCW was as good or better product than WWF/WWE.

it was just fun being a fan back then: the Four Horsemen, Magnum TA, Wahoo McDaniel, Dusty Rhodes, the Russians, the Road Warriors, Midnight Express and RnR Express on NWA/WCW

and

Hulkamania, Macho Man, Mr Wonderful, Hart Foundation, Jake the Snake, etc on the WWE.

Back
Top Bottom