Wright In Second Round?/We Helped Shell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wright In Second Round?/We Helped Shell

I say we roll the dice and gamble and offer a 4th rd pick for Wright.

I dont think we need or should give up a second round pick for Wright.It smacks of desperation.Our lottery pick should be high enough to get him with a third round pick.

There are a lot of good NT coming out next year.I would prefer one of those that an untested rookie who was second team most of his short career and who does not even have ideal size.However I must admit the coaches know more about him than I do so I will respect their judgement.

Well Nick wants him, but I doubt he'll go that high for him.

Well this is Saban and not Spielman.

The best bet is that we should spend a 3rd for him.

Basically, if we don't get Wright that means someone has to give up a 2nd next year for him. If it's Philly then we just got them back for Feeley. However, he is projected a s a 1st rounder next season, so if we did spend a 2nd on him then it would technically be a steal in the draft.

With the guys we have we could probably still get a 3rd for one of our tradable guys.

I have to say it's nice to speculate about what Saban will do while not feeling the need to second guess him. I haven't had confidence like this ina coach in a long time (if ever...). I think if we give up a third, it will be worth it. Nick doesn't seem to be like the kind of guy to reach too much.

Now, if it were wanny an co. i'd worry about losing our first next year for a band-aid type player...

LtDan662002 said:
Actually they project him as a first rounder next year if he was eligible to play again this season. That's probably what has pushed up his stock
Projected as a 1st in '06? Really? I thought that I had seen maybe a 2nd/3rd in '06. Where did you see this?

I think either way, I'm with the rest of you in saying that a 3rd is as high as I would go.

Wow if Nick gives up a 2nd alot of fans will be screaming lol. Actually they wont because Saban is getting along leash right now.

Personally Wright is not worth a second and is a far shot being worth a third. People talk about him being a 1st rounder lol, If he is not taken he wont be playing football this year.His stalk will fall immensly.

Wright seems like a project and you dont blow a 2nd rounder on projects.
A third would be ok but I still think that is too much. If he went undrafted next year he would go in the 5th or 6th round. He wont be playing football if he goes undrafted. His stalk will fall.

I would pass on Wright in the 2nd round. I think I may even pass on him in the 4th round. I'd spend a 6th rounder on Roscoe Crosby.

Nublar7 said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/2005-06-22-inside-scoop_x.htm

Nothing too new for Manuel Wright, but I found this interesting:

WOW! Projected second round pick? As much as I want Wright here, I hope Saban doesn't give up a second round pick for him. Please Nick, nothing more then a 3rd.

Also, look at this:
So even though the Diversity group complained about it being only a token interview, it looks lilke we have helped his appearance to other teams.

they're going to do the evaluating and if they think he's worth a 2nd next year, i don't know how we can argue with it. we'd be getting a draft pick early. how do you really lose? it's all up to how good saban thinks he is.

also, if some of you are trying to play nfl scout, unless you're a USC fan, you can't convince me that you've seen him play enough to know. only the arguments about his lack of playing time hold any water with me.

most of all, i don't think nick will offer much just because he doesn't want to overbid if he doesn't have to. he's stingy that way.

I agree with BakedMatt. It is about Saban's evaluation and that's all that really matters. Given that, I think a second round picks value is seen in a much different light than a 3rd. I think we'll offer a 3rd and nobody will jump ahead of us.

gamble on Grisby with a 5 rd pick instead

if we dont think that wright is worth a 2nd or we cant get him for a 3rd i think imo that we take a chance on roscoe parish maybe for a 5th or 6th rounder :evil:
6ft3 210 pounds pretty good size for a wr maybe he could pick up about 5-10 more pounds

jason_taylor said:
if we dont think that wright is worth a 2nd or we cant get him for a 3rd i think imo that we take a chance on roscoe parish maybe for a 5th or 6th rounder :evil:
6ft3 210 pounds pretty good size for a wr maybe he could pick up about 5-10 more pounds

i meant Roscoe Crosby little on the happy side (2 much 2 drink) :D lmao

Back
Top Bottom