WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

It will be interesting to see if Fields hits free agency next year or the Steelers pick up the 5th year option. You wouldn’t pick up that option for a back up
I believe that will all depend on the type of year Russel Wilson has.

Was that Fields problem? Just could not understand the playbook?
Can't process/read a defense to save his life. There is multiple videos of guys breaking down all 22 film on Fields and they all say he is atrocious at reads. He constanly misses open guys or throws only once there are open for two seconds and then the D has time to recover. Throws very late and also despite his athleticism stands in the pocket and takes sacks. He took 44 sacks last year behind the 5th best pass blocking OL. He had a time to throw of 3.23 longest in the NFL. He has amazing physical skills and looked great in a dumbed down Urban Myer O in college. NFL D have eaten him alive so far. An undrafted rookie from a division 2 college looked as effective at Fields last year for the Bears when he was hurt.

A 5th round pick is insanely cheap. I thought for sure they would get a late 1st or 2nd & 4th for him. Steelers...got a steal!
Nobody was giving up a 1st or second for Fields. Ignore the fantasy stats and highlights. Go watch the all 22 breakdowns, can't make any NFL level reads pre or post snap. He is a deer in the headlights in the pocket. Behind the 5th best pass blocking OL with the longest time to throw in the NFL and sacked 44 times in 14 games. Absolutely amazing physical talent who just doesn't have the QB awareness/IQ of a NFL level QB.

Nobody was giving up a 1st or second for Fields. Ignore the fantasy stats and highlights. Go watch the all 22 breakdowns, can't make any NFL level reads pre or post snap. He is a deer in the headlights in the pocket. Behind the 5th best pass blocking OL with the longest time to throw in the NFL and sacked 44 times in 14 games. Absolutely amazing physical talent who just doesn't have the QB awareness/IQ of a NFL level QB.
Honestly, I just don't understand what these Fields lovers are looking at. Talking about "McDaniel can coach him up" "Imagine what he could do with Tyreek and Waddle" , etc., etc.. With that said, I am so rooting for Tomlin to implement Slash 2.0, it'll be entertaining on so many levels. Good take @dan the fin

Honestly, I just don't understand what these Fields lovers are looking at. Talking about "McDaniel can coach him up" "Imagine what he could do with Tyreek and Waddle" , etc., etc.. With that said, I am so rooting for Tomlin to implement Slash 2.0, it'll be entertaining on so many levels. Good take @dan the fin
I could see he carving out a career like that as a gadget guy. But as far as a pocket passer, I just don't see it.

I watch the Bears, as it is my brother's team. He has the same opinion. After year 2 I think it was right to see if he could develop, given better support cast. Which they did invested heavily in WR/OL. And it just actually made it more apparent how bad Fields is at reads. He had guys open all year and just didn't read/see it. Moore is a beast at WR (never has had much at QB) at one point basically told Fields don't think just throw me the damn ball.

I wish we would have traded a 5th for Justin Fields, hell even a 4th. Who the hell is our backup gonna be, Thompson or White? No thanks.

I'm aware that Fields has plenty of issue as a QB, but what about the things he does do well.

He's extremely athletic and durable considering how much contact he takes. If McDaniel is such an offensive guru why couldn't he think of any ways to use this guy?

Would have loved to see a short yardage/ red zone package with Fields. He makes you account for all 11 on the field in a way Tua certainly cannot.

We're putting all our eggs in the Tua basket, it better work out or heads are gonna roll like the French revolution.

I wish we would have traded a 5th for Justin Fields, hell even a 4th. Who the hell is our backup gonna be, Thompson or White? No thanks.

I'm aware that Fields has plenty of issue as a QB, but what about the things he does do well.

He's extremely athletic and durable considering how much contact he takes. If McDaniel is such an offensive guru he couldn't think of ways to use this guy?

Would have loved to see a short yardage/ red zone package with Fields. He makes you account for all 11 on the field in a way Tua certainly cannot.

We're putting all our eggs in the Tua basket, it better work out or heads are gonna roll like the French revolution.
Every damned time I see this take pop up I hear "I Got You Babe" coming from the clock radio and look outside to see if it finally stopped snowing. And I live in Florida. STOP IT PEOPLE, FIELDS WAS NEVER COMING HERE.

Groundhog Day Reaction GIFs

Every damned time I see this take pop up I hear "I Got You Babe" coming from the clock radio and look outside to see if it finally stopped snowing. And I live in Florida. STOP IT PEOPLE, FIELDS WAS NEVER COMING HERE.

Groundhog Day Reaction GIFs
Yea because it doesn't sound like Miami had any interest. Not sure why though, I guess McDaniel doesn't value short yardage packages which is why he often elects to throw the ball in obvious running situations to the detriment of the team. Some "run game guru" he is.

Can't process/read a defense to save his life. There is multiple videos of guys breaking down all 22 film on Fields and they all say he is atrocious at reads. He constanly misses open guys or throws only once there are open for two seconds and then the D has time to recover. Throws very late and also despite his athleticism stands in the pocket and takes sacks. He took 44 sacks last year behind the 5th best pass blocking OL. He had a time to throw of 3.23 longest in the NFL. He has amazing physical skills and looked great in a dumbed down Urban Myer O in college. NFL D have eaten him alive so far. An undrafted rookie from a division 2 college looked as effective at Fields last year for the Bears when he was hurt.
Wow.

I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
He can’t read a defense and he’s inaccurate. Nice runner but doesn’t look like he’s an nfl qb not even a backup

Back
Top Bottom