WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

It will be interesting to see if Fields hits free agency next year or the Steelers pick up the 5th year option. You wouldn’t pick up that option for a back up

For the draft pick it took to get Fields we should have made an offer.

Not because Fields was going to be our backup or even serious competition for Tua but because McDaniels could have coached him up put him in perfect scenarios during preseason or garbage time and made him look like a franchise QB. Then we could trade him and get a 3rd or even a 2nd during the season when a starting QB in the league goes down.

This was a missed opportunity.
And we have no way of knowing if the Phins did or did not get in on Fields at some level. Hard to imagine Trader Grier not at least picking up the phone. Reportedly 5 other teams were in on Fields and the Bears actually received a better offer from an unnamed team according to what I heard on Sirius radio the other day. Sent him to Pittsburgh to "do right by Justin".

And we have no way of knowing if the Phins did or did not get in on Fields at some level. Hard to imagine Trader Grier not at least picking up the phone. Reportedly 5 other teams were in on Fields and the Bears actually received a better offer from an unnamed team according to what I heard on Sirius radio the other day. Sent him to Pittsburgh to "do right by Justin".

I posted this yesterday in this thread.

The OP bashed Grier but has no clue if we inquired.

Notice the OP has also not returned to his thread.

Justin Fields for a fifth-round pick! That's insane. Tua's good and all, but Grier could've done better. Fields' talent is worth way more than that.

Justin Fields for a fifth-round pick! That's insane. Tua's good and all, but Grier could've done better. Fields' talent is worth way more than that.
Apparently not.

Plus he was traded to be a backup.

Dumb asses: "We need replace Tua with Fields!!!"

95% of the population: "Dude, Fields sucks!"

NFL front offices: "Fields is worth a bag of chips"

Dumb asses: "Grier is an idiot for not getting Fields and it's Tua's fault!!"

Replace dumb asses w/ lemmings and you are onto something. /s?

So you've been a member here for 15 years and this gem is your 13th post, I certainly hope you've got what it takes to maintain this pace.

• Haha
Reactions: MDK
I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
A 5th round pick is insanely cheap. I thought for sure they would get a late 1st or 2nd & 4th for him. Steelers...got a steal!

The big thing with Fields is whether or not he’s actually teachable/coachable. He definitely showed some promise toward the end of the season but most teams probably didn’t see enough to offer a high pick. And in McD’s offense I think you really need to be coachable.
This is the real question. Only time will tell. Chicago is a terrible place for a rookie QB. Fields ran for his life every down in his rookie season. Chicago may have ruined him. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out. I imagine the Steelers will give Fields a year to sit and learn under Wilson. Another question is; is Russel Wilson a teacher type player? I dont feel like he is.

Back
Top Bottom