WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

Then why didn't Chicago just change the playbook? Which they actually did. He can't read a D to save his life. In college he was a one read pass/run QB. He was drafted high based on physical traits, with the hope he could progress from a mental stand point. He hasn't, he could get away with it in college, NFL Ds have eaten him alive as a passer.
Bears are terrible organizations. They still don't make playoff this yr.

Dumb asses: "We need replace Tua with Fields!!!"

95% of the population: "Dude, Fields sucks!"

NFL front offices: "Fields is worth a bag of chips"

Dumb asses: "Grier is an idiot for not getting Fields and it's Tua's fault!!"

Bears are terrible organizations. They still don't make playoff this yr.
Doesn't change the fact that Fields was a terrible passer. Fields has zero football IQ. The Bears went out and surrounded him last year with talent. Got Moore at WR, Kment is a good TE. They spent picks and money on the OL. Last year the Bears had the 5th best pass blocking OL. Despite Fields being athletic and having great protection the guy took 44 sacks in 13 games last year. Year before he lead the the NFL with 55 sacks. How many sacks would he have taken behind Miami's 31th overall pass blocking 60, 70? Tua took 29 sacks in 17 games. In Miami Fields probably wins like 5 games and Hill would be causing all sorts of issues about not getting the ball. Fields has box of rocks from a football brain. Can't read a D, can't throw guys open, when they are open he doesn't see them, and he stands in the pocket like a deer in headlights taking sacks. But hey look he fast with a big arm.

Doesn't change the fact that Fields was a terrible passer. Fields has zero football IQ. The Bears went out and surrounded him last year with talent. Got Moore at WR, Kment is a good TE. They spent picks and money on the OL. Last year the Bears had the 5th best pass blocking OL. Despite Fields being athletic and having great protection the guy took 44 sacks in 13 games last year. Year before he lead the the NFL with 55 sacks. How many sacks would he have taken behind Miami's 31th overall pass blocking 60, 70? Tua took 29 sacks in 17 games. In Miami Fields probably wins like 5 games and Hill would be causing all sorts of issues about not getting the ball. Fields has box of rocks from a football brain. Can't read a D, can't throw guys open, when they are open he doesn't see them, and he stands in the pocket like a deer in headlights taking sacks. But hey look he fast with a big arm.
Good texting. He is steelers now. We will see how it plays out in future.

Good texting. He is steelers now. We will see how it plays out in future.
Well we probably won't see next season unless Wilson gets hurts, unless we want to evaluate Fields clipboard holding skills.

I’m not a fan of Justin Fields and don’t think he’s a starter in NFL but he’s a more talented backup than White or Skylar imo.

Considering our other 6th round picks, I’d have taken a flyer on Fields.

Dolphins 6th draft picks in Grier era:
2023 - Elijah Higgins WR
2022 - N/A
2021 - N/A
2020 - Blake Ferguson LS
2019 - Isaiah Prince OT
2018 - Cornell Armstrong CB
2017 - Vincent Taylor DT
2016 - Jakeem Grant WR / Jordan Lucas S

Last edited:
I agree but in the end does he really fit our scheme. I love his arm strength and size..running oft script. Maybe change of teams will help him. Tough going from Da Bears to the Steelers. Good luck.

Great deal for the Steelers he hasn’t been great but he’s shown flashes. Definitely still has potential. If he played well in the preseason could possibly have flipped him in to high pick
What Pitt did to upgrade the QB room is impressive - got rid of Pickett and Trubisky and landed Wilson and Fields for a combined $4.5mm.

What Pitt did to upgrade the QB room is impressive - got rid of Pickett and Trubisky and landed Wilson and Fields for a combined $4.5mm.
Pukesburgh is a great organization. I H8 them and they make me want to throw-up, but they know how to run their operation. Unfortunately...

Fields is going bench Wilson. Wilson is washed up.
Wilson may be washed up. But he was still the much better passer last year and it wasn't all that close. There is also reports of Wilson and the Steelers wanted an extension after this season. Plus reports that they view Fields as the back up. Maybe Fields finally learns how to read a D but after zero signs of it after 3 years it doesn't look good. There is a reason NFL GMs weren't even willing to cough up a 4th round pick this year, they have watched the film on Fields.

Ignore the ESPN highlights and fantasy hype. Watch this video on Fields and you will understand why teams don't want him.

Everyone thinks it Pickett . Its Randolph. He is who was the best Qb on Steelers roster.

Fields had the lousy throwing motion at Ohio State, with a hitch in his backswing. I thought too many were ignoring that. Finally Dan Orlovsky did a nice breakdown a few weeks before that draft.

I thought he should have gone lower first round, near the area where Jordan Love went. Instead the Bears forced him too high.

Now he's improved the delivery somewhat but it's still far from ideal. More than anything he can't adjust pace and loft to fit every degree on the rainbow. Everything is a line drive or semi line drive. It's the Trevor Lawrence tendency and countless others. Those guys can make certain plays, especially in college, but NFL windows require special ability to make every throw. It's also the reason Lamar Jackson sometimes gets in trouble. The more side armed you are the more difficult it is to vary the loop.

College quarterbacks who are line drive prone are continually overrated, IMO. Everybody envisions those 3rd and 10 darts instead of all the problems when those lanes are taken away.

I thought Fields might have been interesting to compete against Tua, if available late and after that rookie season in which Tua looked physically overmatched by the league. That was before McDaniel, who has camouflaged Tua somewhat and, as others have emphasized, runs an offense that doesn't suit Fields at all.

Fields had the lousy throwing motion at Ohio State, with a hitch in his backswing. I thought too many were ignoring that. Finally Dan Orlovsky did a nice breakdown a few weeks before that draft.

I thought he should have gone lower first round, near the area where Jordan Love went. Instead the Bears forced him too high.

Now he's improved the delivery somewhat but it's still far from ideal. More than anything he can't adjust pace and loft to fit every degree on the rainbow. Everything is a line drive or semi line drive. It's the Trevor Lawrence tendency and countless others. Those guys can make certain plays, especially in college, but NFL windows require special ability to make every throw. It's also the reason Lamar Jackson sometimes gets in trouble. The more side armed you are the more difficult it is to vary the loop.

College quarterbacks who are line drive prone are continually overrated, IMO. Everybody envisions those 3rd and 10 darts instead of all the problems when those lanes are taken away.

I thought Fields might have been interesting to compete against Tua, if available late and after that rookie season in which Tua looked physically overmatched by the league. That was before McDaniel, who has camouflaged Tua somewhat and, as others have emphasized, runs an offense that doesn't suit Fields at all.
I agree .Excellent post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom