WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

2 straight playoff appearances when Tuas played majority of the games.

2 straight seasons leading or top 3-4 in almost every single metric.

Some may argue Tua doesn't take the team on his back. Hypothetically let's say i agree. The thing with Tua is he doesn't lose games for Miami.

So when you have a QB who doesn't lose you games and is a top of the league stat wise and metrics wise, you can easily win with that QB.

Yeah, I don't need to even contemplate if the haters are right. Because they are very clearly wrong. So, I don't need to worry about "the plan". Build an o line and we'll be fine.
One could argue the flip side of that which would be the team was talented enough to make a run but Tua held them back.
I hope he is the guy but I am by no means convinced that he is. You clearly have your mind set and there is no way you are wrong.

Let me get this straight you’re mad because Grier didn’t bring in the worst passer in the league to throw to the best wr duo in the league in the event Tua goes down?
Some of them just like running QB’s that can’t hit the broad side of a barn from inside.

If Tua haters are wrong, great, we have our qb!
But what if they are right, what is the plan??
Depends on how badly he fails I guess and what the measure of failure actually is instead of moving the goalposts each season. What if Miami keeps winning 10-11 games, with the odd playoff win here and there? Nearly all of who want Tua gone now will say that's a failure and Miami should have fired Grier and McDaniel earlier while trading everything they could.

Thing is, nearly all the top teams in the league fall into that category except the Chiefs. How much longer do Buffalo and Baltimore give their QB's to get them over the hump?

One could argue the flip side of that which would be the team was talented enough to make a run but Tua held them back.
I hope he is the guy but I am by no means convinced that he is. You clearly have your mind set and there is no way you are wrong.
How is a guy who is putting up top 5 in nearly every metric available for a QB "holding the team back"? Do you think he should be first in them all and if he was and they still didn't win the Super Bowl, what then?

As for everyone that was wanting Fields, for the love of god, just go watch some film instead of highlights. This fascination that people have of wanting a running back to play quaterback, I can't get my head around it. He's had 3 years and 1000 pass attempts, at this point he is what he is and the chances of him every evolving into the next Lamar and slim to none. He's a coach killer for anyone that starts him.

How is a guy who is putting up top 5 in nearly every metric available for a QB "holding the team back"? Do you think he should be first in them all and if he was and they still didn't win the Super Bowl, what then?

I couldn’t care less about his personal stats. I want to see him show up when it matters most, not disappear in every big game.

I couldn’t care less about his personal stats. I want to see him show up when it matters most, not disappear in every big game.
But those personal stats would kinda show that he's not the source of the problems, right?

If you go back and watch all the games against playoff teams last year Tua wasn't the issue in most of them but he's getting the blame for all of them. He was poor at the end of the season, no arguments there but the roster was beaten up by that point and injuries can actually be reasons for defeats, not just excuses as some love to say.

Watching him down the stretch when we needed him to perform the most was utterly painful.
It seems to be the pattern with him going way back to the Titans game (2 seasons ago) with playoffs on the line.
It’s very concerning.

You might be able to say that if everyone else played well

Watching him down the stretch when we needed him to perform the most was utterly painful.
It seems to be the pattern with him going way back to the Titans game (2 seasons ago) with playoffs on the line.
He wasn't great but I'd argue it was just as painful watching an OL that couldn't sustain a block in the passing game and couldn't open a hole in the running game. I'd say it was painful watching the best receiver in the league drop multiple passes each game that could have changed the course of the games. I'd say it was painful watching a defence that couldn't get anyone off the field in 5 of the last 6 games including a record breaking collapse against the Titans with a rookie QB.

You can't take that Titans game from 2 years ago into account, that was a coaching failure of the highest order.

Back
Top Bottom