WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

If Tua haters are wrong, great, we have our qb!
But what if they are right, what is the plan??

2 straight playoff appearances when Tuas played majority of the games.

2 straight seasons leading or top 3-4 in almost every single metric.

Some may argue Tua doesn't take the team on his back. Hypothetically let's say i agree. The thing with Tua is he doesn't lose games for Miami.

So when you have a QB who doesn't lose you games and is a top of the league stat wise and metrics wise, you can easily win with that QB.

Yeah, I don't need to even contemplate if the haters are right. Because they are very clearly wrong. So, I don't need to worry about "the plan". Build an o line and we'll be fine.

The big thing with Fields is whether or not he’s actually teachable/coachable. He definitely showed some promise toward the end of the season but most teams probably didn’t see enough to offer a high pick. And in McD’s offense I think you really need to be coachable.

Otherwise he was pretty much the same guy each year, as a passer, and you only saw his yards and TDs go up because he threw the ball more.
And that's simply a product of being on a terrible team, who every week, is down a ton and trying to play catch up.

The Bears worked with Fields based on what I read. He wanted to go to Pittsburgh

I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
Not really that surprised at the return. NFL GMs watch actual game film, they don't watch highlights and look at how many fantasy points he had.

Said it before Fields would be brutal in the system we run. Watch the all 22 on Fields he is brutal with reads and anticipation. He throws late all the time, Fields attempting to make those timing throws over the middle would be picks all day long.

Not really that surprised at the return. NFL GMs watch actual game film, they don't watch highlights and look at how many fantasy points he had.

Said it before Fields would be brutal in the system we run. Watch the all 22 on Fields he is brutal with reads and anticipation. He throws late all the time, Fields attempting to make those timing throws over the middle would be picks all day long.
If still rather have him than Mike White as the back up though wouldn’t you??

What some of you may struggle to understand is that Fields would require a very different playbook and the O-line would need different protection designs because there would be lots and lots of designed QB run plays for Fields. On top of this, Fields is going to want to be paid as a starting QB in a year and Tua will be getting a big contract soon. Yes, Pittsburgh got themselves a bargain. However, there is the possibility of a QB controversy. Russell Wilson will make life difficult for him - bank on it.

He could also be dangerous. You can change offense play book to fit fields. McD can make it work. With same result.
Then why didn't Chicago just change the playbook? Which they actually did. He can't read a D to save his life. In college he was a one read pass/run QB. He was drafted high based on physical traits, with the hope he could progress from a mental stand point. He hasn't, he could get away with it in college, NFL Ds have eaten him alive as a passer.

Some may argue Tua doesn't take the team on his back. Hypothetically let's say i agree. The thing with Tua is he doesn't lose games for Miami.
The #5 pick and 50M for a guy who doesn't lose games....oof.

I don't know how this turned into a Tua thread when it's clearly a back-up who could've kept us in games due to his athleticism if Tua should ever go down for 2/3 games would've been nice in Miami for THAT PRICE.

If the announcement were Fields to Miami for that toaster they got for him, everyone here would be ecstatic & wouldn't be spewing this locker room political BS excuse.

Great steal by Pitt. Would've been a great steel by us. But it wasn't. No biggie.

Back
Top Bottom