WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
They don’t want to damage Tua’s ego. The Eagles did the same in opting for Pickett over Fields. Fields clearly has the higher upside, but will be a media frenzy when the incumbent starter ahead of him is t playing well.
You guys should form a comedy duo, those are two ridiculously hysterical takes.

What could possibly go wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_9714.jpeg
    IMG_9714.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1
They don’t want to damage Tua’s ego. The Eagles did the same in opting for Pickett over Fields. Fields clearly has the higher upside, but will be a media frenzy when the incumbent starter ahead of him is t playing well.
I agree, we do seem to really try and build up his confidence. I don’t know if that is just McDonalds style, Tua as an individual, or the damage done by Flores.

I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
Yeah, I would have made that move in a fn heartbeat!!!

Reactions: MDK
LOL remember when we gave up a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen! And at the time, I thought that deal wasnt that bad. Cards wasted that pick anyways. Maybe Rosen would have thrived with McDaniel.
I do remember Rosen. Is he still in the league? How do scouts miss so bad on some people?

A 2025 6th is really a 7th (due to 2025 and not 2024) with a max of 4 th round which due to its next year becomes a 5th rounder.
I would take that but I agree you have to blend the personality.

Who knows what teams talked to Chicago.
Glad we didn't get him.

Cronin reported Chicago made a conscious effort to consider the situation into which it would be sending Fields.

"A source told ESPN that five teams in addition to Pittsburgh reached out to Chicago, and the majority of those teams had envisioned the former first-round pick in a backup role," she wrote. "

Fields would be a disaster in McDaniel's offense.
He could also be dangerous. You can change offense play book to fit fields. McD can make it work.
So let's have two play books. One for when Tua plays then a dumbed down one if Fields plays.
Well our offense made for Tua to succeed. Fields would be good w Dolphins as well.

Lol.

The hate for Tua by some is amazing.

So, not trading to Fields is somehow morphed into another negative of Tua because he's fragile.... mentally.
If Tua haters are wrong, great, we have our qb!
But what if they are right, what is the plan??

You know for a fact Grier did not talk to Chicago?

They turned down 5 teams who inquired.

Tua does not have an ego and he certainly wouldn't have to fear Fields.

Maybe Skylar would have been concerned.
Everyone has an ego. McD was working on Tua’s showing him footage of himself when he took over, right?

Back
Top Bottom