WTF Justin fields for a 5th? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF Justin fields for a 5th?

Pitts already looking to extend Wilson beyond the one year contract he got according to reports.
We will see. Maybe Russ and his 1td/1int per game average is perfect for Pittsburg. They seem to think it's 1971, so it's a perfect fit. They won't win ****, but it's a perfect fit.

I think Fields was hindered big time by his awful front office and numerous coaches he had in Chicago.

I’m a fan of Tua but shame on Grier for not throwing a fourth out there to pick up Justin Fields the Steelers got a great deal. We know fields can run like the best of them. We also know that Mc Daniels could coach him up that’s a wasted opportunity on Griers part
Yeah, that’ll really help the passing game next year, a qb controversy. Besides, he doesn’t seem to have the traits that Mcdaiels prizes for his scheme such as, I dunno, vision, quick processing, accuracy, and a quick release. Fields is not the right qb for this system. The fact that all the bears Could get for him Was a fifth should also be indicative of what teams thought of what they saw when evaluating his film.

Agreed. I think bringing in someone who can compete with Tua is the right thing to do. Who that is, I'm not sure but it's needed
Tua is the starter and has the belief of the franchise. They are not in the market for someone to compete with him. Now if you said someone to compete for his backup, then that would be more accurate with reality.

Agreed. I think bringing in someone who can compete with Tua is the right thing to do. Who that is, I'm not sure but it's needed
Why? I’ve seen people say this but I’m struggling to understand why? I don’t see Jax, LA, Philly etc bringing in people to “compete” with their starting QB so why should Miami?

I don’t see a single team with a top 10 QB bringing in someone to “compete” so why should Miami and who should this mythical guy be?

For the draft pick it took to get Fields we should have made an offer.

Not because Fields was going to be our backup or even serious competition for Tua but because McDaniels could have coached him up put him in perfect scenarios during preseason or garbage time and made him look like a franchise QB. Then we could trade him and get a 3rd or even a 2nd during the season when a starting QB in the league goes down.

This was a missed opportunity.

I don't believe the Bears put Fields up for sale to the highest bidder (at least after FA, initially yes) as much as they were helping him find a situation where he could compete for the job in the long term.

So I don't believe we would've qualified as one of the teams that would've traded for him. Sure Chicago could've just traded him anywhere but I am pretty sure they were only going to send him somewhere he would've wanted to go. Unlike the situation with Kenny Pickett or Mac Jones, who were going to be sent anywhere that wanted them.

Justin wasn't going to be a backup to a franchise QB or a bridge QB for a team that was likely going to be drafting a QB in the first round. I think the Bears gave him some say over his destination, which ultimately dropped their compensation. If Wilson hadn't been released by Denver and Cousins had been re-signed by Minnesota, you'd likely have seen Chicago get at least a third rounder. They also needed to get him traded before the draft, which again if they had waited, likely would've gotten them a little more compensation from a team that whiffed on QB's in the draft. Fields was very well liked and respected by the Chicago FO, as they've mentioned a 1000 times, they wanted to do right by him.

That should explain the uniqueness of this trade.

I was annoyed at first that we didn't make that same offer (or better) but it makes sense why we couldn't make that deal with the Bears. Justin knew Tua was negotiating an extension, which nixed us from his potential suitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom