WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not, I'm talking right now. I live in NE and talk football with Patsy fans on a daily basis. If I ever said that Tannehill was better than Ryan or Dalton I would get laughed out of the room. There's nothing we've seen t back hat claim up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tannehill has been one of the most successful QBs in the last decade when suffering 50 or more sacks. He was THE most successful of the QBs that suffered 50 or more sacks and a lack of a running game in the same season.

i here that excuse all the time, but it really gets tiring.

ppl say this crap about wilson and dalton in particular. where were there teams before those qbs took over?

dont get me wrong, i am not saying those guys have no talent around them, but tannheill has weapons at his disposal. the seahawks had lynch for a few years prior to wilson getting there, and had many of the same wrs they had prior to wilson, but its just a coincidence there offense started to look much better once they got a solid qb.

as for cincy, aj green is a beast, but dalton has chemistry with his players, something tannehiil lacks.

tannehill has enough weapons to be successful, its not a lack of weapons

Watch Wilson's performance against SD last week and tell me that the posters here don't have a meltdown if that is Tannehill. Also, look at the playoff game against NO last season. The people who pretend that Tannehill is the only inconsistent young QB are living in a fantasy world. Luck, Foles, Wilson, RGIII have all looked no better than Tannehill. I'm sorry that the Tannehaters don't want to admit that but they really should stop scrutinizing every Tannehill throw and comparing them to the highlight reels of the other QBs.

Watch Wilson's performance against SD last week and tell me that the posters here don't have a meltdown if that is Tannehill. Also, look at the playoff game against NO last season. The people who pretend that Tannehill is the only inconsistent young QB are living in a fantasy world. Luck, Foles, Wilson, RGIII have all looked no better than Tannehill. I'm sorry that the Tannehaters don't want to admit that but they really should stop scrutinizing every Tannehill throw and comparing them to the highlight reels of the other QBs.

I hardly doubt it. I didn't see the game but statistically it was a great game so I'm going to go ahead and assume he would have looked like his usual great self. And as good as Wilson's stats were in that game Rivers' were even better. Without seeing the game I can confidently say Russell Wilson played well enough to win.

If that was Tannehill it would have resulted in his third highest ever passer rating, I can only hope he plays that "poorly" when we play the Chargers.

dude, thats great, but ur bringing up selective games.

bottom line is this. in 2 years with wilson under center, the seahawks went 11-5 and made it to the divisional round and than in year 2 went 13-3 and won the superbowl.

wilson will never be a qb that lights up the stat sheet on a consistent basis, he will never shatter single season records, he will most likely never throw for 5000 yds ( although with the rules in the nfl these days, 5000 may sadly become the norm) but he is clutch, makes all the big throws, and he is a proven winner.

its not coincidence the seahawks fortunes turned once they got a qb. is he the ''ONLY'' reason? no. is he carrying the seahawks like peyton was asked to carry the colts all those years or marino was asked to carry the fins in his career? NO. however, he is a large part of the success that the seahawks have there. if tavaris jackson took over for the seahawks, the seahawks miss the playoffs. wilson makes a difference.

tannehill on the other hand has consistently been average to below average. i cant even think of 1 game in his fins career where he was awesome from start to finish.

every qb is entitled to poor games, even the elite ones have them, but tannehill through 34 games so far is the same qb . he has been avg,

our record the past 2 years has been correlated to our qbs play, mediocre, 7-9, 8-8.

Your week will be ruined.

Actually, at church this morning, I prayed for Ryan Tannehill to be blessed with the abilities of Matt Ryan and become the franchise QB this team has needed for over a decade.

No kidding.

bottom line is this. in 2 years with wilson under center, the seahawks went 11-5 and made it to the divisional round and than in year 2 went 13-3 and won the superbowl.

wilson will never be a qb that lights up the stat sheet on a consistent basis, he will never shatter single season records, he will most likely never throw for 5000 yds ( although with the rules in the nfl these days, 5000 may sadly become the norm) but he is clutch, makes all the big throws, and he is a proven winner.

its not coincidence the seahawks fortunes turned once they got a qb. is he the ''ONLY'' reason? no. is he carrying the seahawks like peyton was asked to carry the colts all those years or marino was asked to carry the fins in his career? NO. however, he is a large part of the success that the seahawks have there. if tavaris jackson took over for the seahawks, the seahawks miss the playoffs. wilson makes a difference.

tannehill on the other hand has consistently been average to below average. i cant even think of 1 game in his fins career where he was awesome from start to finish.

every qb is entitled to poor games, even the elite ones have them, but tannehill through 34 games so far is the same qb . he has been avg,

our record the past 2 years has been correlated to our qbs play, mediocre, 7-9, 8-8.

Wilson makes clutch plays. That is the sign of a winner. His style is a perfect fit for their team. They rely on rushing the ball, and great defense. Wilson runs hard when asked to, and he puts the ball into receivers hands when he throws.
RT makes routine plays, and sometimes he doesn't. He is unsure when to run. He gets sacked at times when there was open field.
Ryan Tannehill has a losing record as a starter. Yes our team was ran by a terrible GM Ireland, but the lack of improvement with RT this season is alarming to me.
I expected a more polished and accurate RT. So far, I am not seeing it.

Actually, at church this morning, I prayed for Ryan Tannehill to be blessed with the abilities of Matt Ryan and become the franchise QB this team has needed for over a decade.

No kidding.

No kidding.

Matt Ryan had a good game thursday. Wish Miami had a WR that gets open like Jones. Oh wait..

I hardly doubt it. I didn't see the game but statistically it was a great game so I'm going to go ahead and assume he would have looked like his usual great self. And as good as Wilson's stats were in that game Rivers' were even better. Without seeing the game I can confidently say Russell Wilson played well enough to win.

If that was Tannehill it would have resulted in his third highest ever passer rating, I can only hope he plays that "poorly" when we play the Chargers.

Well you know what they say about assuming....

Wilson was extremely inaccurate in the first half. His receivers repeatedly had to make great catches to bail him out. He was more inaccurate than Tannehill was against NE. The biggests issue was the 4th quarter with the game on the line. When down by 6 he was 3 of 6 for 12 yards. He also took two bad sacks in the 1st half, one of which took Seattle out of FG range. The other resulted in a fumble.

This is one of his completions:

IMG_0114.jpg

Wide open receiver that had to go WAY up to catch a pass. IMO, this play is not made by any of the Dolphins receivers.

Here is another one:

IMG_0116.jpg

On this completion, Baldwin jumped up and reached behind the DB to make the catch. He was open and the ball was under thrown WORSE than Tannehill's passes to Wallace and Hartline. Neither of those receivers made the easier catch.

I encourage all Dolphins fans to watch other teams. Watch other young QBs. Make sure you are holding Tannehill to a reasonable standard.

You need to be able to separate the play of the QB from the play of the team to fairly evaluate his play. You seem unable to do that to any degree. Only a homer would think that the only difference (or even a significant portion of the difference) between the Dolphins and Seahawks is the QB.

Part of me wishes Tannehill would be replaced so the haters could scratch their heads wondering what happened.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Wilson makes clutch plays. That is the sign of a winner. His style is a perfect fit for their team. They rely on rushing the ball, and great defense. Wilson runs hard when asked to, and he puts the ball into receivers hands when he throws.
RT makes routine plays, and sometimes he doesn't. He is unsure when to run. He gets sacked at times when there was open field.
Ryan Tannehill has a losing record as a starter. Yes our team was ran by a terrible GM Ireland, but the lack of improvement with RT this season is alarming to me.
I expected a more polished and accurate RT. So far, I am not seeing it.

Is 3 of 6 for 12 yards when down by 6 points clutch?

Luck, Foles, Wilson, RGIII have all looked no better than Tannehill.
This case you're trying to make is getting stranger and stranger. Blurry screencaps of the Super Bowl winning QB's completions isn't exactly the smoking gun you're probably looking for.

You need to be able to separate the play of the QB from the play of the team to fairly evaluate his play. You seem unable to do that to any degree. Only a homer would think that the only difference (or even a significant portion of the difference) between the Dolphins and Seahawks is the QB.

Part of me wishes Tannehill would be replaced so the haters could scratch their heads wondering what happened.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Is 3 of 6 for 12 yards when down by 6 points clutch?

During a stretch of one game? LOL
Did they win the game?
Didn't Seattle win the super bowl last year?
Comparing Wilson to Tannehill is absurd. Tannehill has done nothing.

Your narrative of "it is the receivers fault" is complete nonsense.

Why would you assume that stuff? Would it surprise you to know that Wilson is actually second all time in TD passes for QBs over their first two seasons? Only behind none other than our very own Dan Marino.

Why would you assume that stuff? Would it surprise you to know that Wilson is actually second all time in TD passes for QBs over their first two seasons? Only behind none other than our very own Dan Marino.

lol, i like wilson i am a fan of his play, so maybe he will.

i just dont think he is that type of qb, which is deff ok, because he is very clutch, and he makes lots of plays out of nothing with his feet.

id take him over our qb and many others any day

If he has a good game tomorrow, which I suspect he could, go ahead and laugh and laugh. We will see what happens down the line. Tannehill has plenty of more garbage games in him so long as Philbin continues rolling with him.

It's coincidental you should mention that; yesterday along the same lines I was thinking that given his impotent performances through 5 games, especially when the clock was ticking down, it'll take more than one non-choking postseason second half for Melty to prove that if there was ever a first one, it was anything other than an anomaly.

Are there really fans here who think Tannehill is better than Guys like Ryan and Dalton. C'mon that can't be real!

It's nice to make the playoffs with elite offensive weapons fersure.. but at this point don't you think our Falcons fan counterparts have experienced an even greater level of blueballs than we did watching a noodle arm again fail miserably against a top 10 scoring D once making it to the postseason? The point is, anyone can go on an OCD-level bashing of Tannehill but maybe by the same token they shouldn't deny that a history of 5 2nd half postseason chokes are all be anomalies, and admit that their favorite QB has been a choker over and over again when the clock was close to striking midnight, doncha think?

No kidding.

And the Falcons fans are no doubt praying that Melty turns into what a franchise QB should be in the postseason - or at least a Buttfumble or Grossman. :idk:
No kidding.

2e0l938-1.jpg

Melty Ice!

Vaark, that just ain't right, man -- to perfectly summarize a QB in one word like that, lol.

Ain't right. But gotta love it!

Melty Ice. Man that's appropriate.

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom