WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Hard Knocks would shed Ireland in a different light for me, he couldn't possibly be the huge prick I was imagining him to be. Then he uttered the words "a coupla picks....."

Just the way he said it like how dare you ask me that, I don't have time for you, boy.

I did not sense that. But, if that were the case it is just more reason to like Ireland.

Who cares about Vontae Davis. Both he and his brother Vernon are one little tweak of a chromosome away from running around Washington D.C beating random people in the head with a hammer like their sibling.

I guess it was lonely under that bus.

For a change?
Another of my favorites was when you downplayed the importance of having a good O-line and you said we'd be alright with Martin at left tackle. That was great comedy ...unintended comedy, but still great.

I will double down on the decent cornfed post as well. I still contend that was a decent crop of corn last season. Tannehill sucks. Had it not been for the number 58 and all of that nonsense thanks to Martin being a snake and Pouncey and Incognito being morons, people would be singing a different tune.

Several teams have won championships recently with nothing more than decent cornfed. Pittsburgh, Green Bay, even Seattle last year had below average corn.

What else you got? Those 2 things? This thread and the decent cornfed thread. Ive been on this board almost 10 years and was dead on about so many more things than 2. Veterans of the board know this. Even on things where I was optimistic at first, such as Tannehill, I have been ahead of the curve in realizing when we are on a sinking ship.

Its just laughable that this smear campaign is coming from a guy who still thinks Tannehill could be a good QB. If he has a good game tomorrow, which I suspect he could, go ahead and laugh and laugh. We will see what happens down the line. Tannehill has plenty of more garbage games in him so long as Philbin continues rolling with him.

What has Andy Dalton done that so impressive? With far better weapons running game etc. take a look at his 2013 stats vs Thill. Last year our QB was inconsistent and we were looking for improvement and we haven't seen it yet in 2 games, but I wouldn't hold Dalton up as an example IMO.

Well, I'm sure people have been thinking about that on their couches while watching Dalton in the playoffs the last couple of years...

Bizarro World things football fans seem to believe:

1. losing in the playoffs <<< not making the playoffs
2. losing a close game at the last second <<< losing in a blowout
3. getting eliminated from playoff contention week 17 <<< getting eliminated from playoff contention week 14

Bizarro World things football fans seem to believe:

1. losing in the playoffs <<< not making the playoffs
2. losing a close game at the last second <<< losing in a blowout
3. getting eliminated from playoff contention week 17 <<< getting eliminated from playoff contention week 14

Losing first round in playoffs = barely missing the playoffs...in the grand scheme of things.

Not sold on Ryann T at all but hopeful, It remains to be seen who is right between the battle of opinions on Ryan T between Hoops and West Virginia. As far as Ireland he is far from our worst GM. Bush, Marshall, Vonte Davis along with a slew of others were not schme picks for Philbin and were sent packing not because they were not good pickups by Ireland but not Philbin players. Normal stuff when you get a coaching change. Some of the reason I wanted to see McCoy here over Philbin as I got the sense that McCoy would not reshuffle the roster the way Philbin has. Needless to say we have spent a lot of draft choices rebuilding instead of drafting the best player available for a very long time. This years draft consists of 2 players on the roster not injured not real impressive if you take a step back. Hopefully they will heal up and that will change too. Dion Jordan everyone on this site read Ross implying that he was the player all the coaches wanted at the dinner the night before the daft last year, and yes Ireand did make the pick after negotiating a great trade based on trade value last year. Anyway any one who watches the draft and these past couple of years can see that Philbin wanted the roster gutted which is never good. Still if Philbin could coach players like Bush, Marshall and Vonte Davis it makes me wonder how we could have spent those draft picks used to replace them choosing a need players instead of the best player available. As far as blaming Ireland for last year fisasco with the offensive line if Philbin would have gotten off his duff and gotten aquainted with the players in his locker room instead of watching film on his couch we certainly may have seen a different outcome.

Its just laughable that this smear campaign is coming from a guy who still thinks Tannehill could be a good QB. If he has a good game tomorrow, which I suspect he could, go ahead and laugh and laugh. We will see what happens down the line. Tannehill has plenty of more garbage games in him so long as Philbin continues rolling with him.

You're confused. I've never been an RT guy. I didn't like the pick when we made it and I said so on here at the time. And I have no idea what you were saying 10 years ago, but lately, you're a mix of bad predictions and 180-degree course changes.

You're confused. I've never been an RT guy. I didn't like the pick when we made it and I said so on here at the time. And I have no idea what you were saying 10 years ago, but lately, you're a mix of bad predictions and 180-degree course changes.

Exactly. So perhaps you should ask someone before you just start bashing.

But, I have seen your posts. Youre just a liberal from Long Island who only posts to make fun of other people's opinions. Show some guts and make some bold statements of your own. Dont be afraid to be wrong. It is easy to just sit back and point out when others fail when you never put your own opinions out there.

I have never been afraid to go out on a limb. When you consider the amount of posts where I make calls, it is nearly impossible to always be right. Few can claim to hit at the same clip I have over the years. I never care if my opinion is shared by most or not. I never base my posts on whether or not others would agree. I call them as I see them. I thought Jordan would be a great player and I always kinda liked Ireland as a personality. You may want to consider that I was on record as saying he shouldve been fired when Parcells left. But, Ross rolled with him so I got behind him since I liked how he treated Dez Bryant.

So instead of continuing to bash 2 posts where you think I got it dead wrong, why not bump one of the countless threads where I was dead on the mark. Especially those threads where I was mocked in the process. Those threads are not hard to find. Henne, Sparano, Pennington, Culpepper, Woodhead, Garrard, Matt Ryan, Jake Long, Beck, RG3, and on and on. There was a thread before the Thursday night game in Carolina a few years ago where I predicted almost precisely how the game would go as well as Ricky Williams' stat line. In the near future, all of the threads from last year where I was practically the lone ranger bashing Tannehill can be thrown in there as well. A lot of people in those threads will have egg all over their faces.

Btw, I also thought Gillislee was going to be a stud in the NFL if you want to make fun of that prediction.

Btw, I also thought Gillislee was going to be a stud in the NFL if you want to make fun of that prediction.

You are a player "death knell"...if you predict they're good...they're toast...

Please...start saying they all suck the second they are drafted!

well, it would be a nice first step for tannehill

It sure would. Lets not forget the fact that Dalton has a much better team around him, if you put Dalton on the Dolphins they would have probably missed the playoffs last year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom