WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, doubling down on the Ireland love.

Nice use of selective memory. Because we surely didn't have to revamp the OL. The 2013 draft class was crazy productive. Daniel Thomas is an all pro RB. Jonathan Martin is awesome. He didn't screw up the Brandon Marshall trade, then trade again. He had 13 draft picks in rounds 1-3 from 2010 until 2013. Of those, 5 have earned starting spots on the roster. Given your hate for Tannehill, you should only give him credit for 4.

I'm going to refer to your post every time I need to challenge your objectivity.

I'll humor your ridiculous opinion for a minute. Poor Jeff just didn't have the QB... wait, the GM didn't have the QB???? isn't that his job?

I'd like to hang out with Jeff Ireland sometime.

Sure, I'm willing to completely absolve Ireland of the Tannehill selection. I'll even throw in Chad Henne. But how do you explain Pat White? Pat Devlin? Tyler Thigpen? Matt Moore?

Not to mention all of the other potentially good QBs we passed on in his 6 years here to trade up for budding stars like Daniel Thomas...

Think about this: if Ireland was literally trying to make the worst possible move with those two picks how could he have succeeded? Trading up to take the biggest bust in the draft was the worst possible outcome as far as I can tell. Had we just flushed those picks down the toilet at least we wouldn't owe this goofball 16 million dollars in guaranteed money.

Aren't you the guy saying we should have traded Mike Pouncey while we had the chance? You certainly can't blame that one on Philbin or Parcells, that one was all Ireland. And Pouncey was arguably Ireland's best pick...

I was thinking Hard Knocks would shed Ireland in a different light for me, he couldn't possibly be the huge prick I was imagining him to be. Then he uttered the words "a coupla picks....."

Just the way he said it like how dare you ask me that, I don't have time for you, boy.

Here are the lists of thumbs ups that remain as I post this...........
I guess it was lonely under that bus.

Looks like I was wrong for a change.
For a change?
Another of my favorites was when you downplayed the importance of having a good O-line and you said we'd be alright with Martin at left tackle. That was great comedy ...unintended comedy, but still great.

I don't know what's more classic--

This thread being resurrected just as it's finally dawned on even Ireland's staunchest defenders that he was a disaster here.

Or the fact that instead of moving on with dignity somewhat intact, WV takes the bait and doubles down with even more stupid statements in defense of Ireland.

I just wonder if folks will bump his threads and give him props if he ends up being right about Tannehill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom