WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the move up to get Jordan was as shrewed as any. Ireland trolled the **** out of about 4 teams that were praying Jordan would be there with their top 10 pick. What a great move at a great price. We found the right team to fleece and got it done. And just look at what some other teams gave up in order to move ahead or into round 1. Minnesota lost 4 picks just to get back into the late first and get Patterson last night. In the meantime we gave up a 2nd rounder to move up 9 spots and get the best defensive playmaker on the board.

The other great thing about last nights draft was how many teams wasted their pick by going cornfed. We got a leg up on half the league who drafted players that simply cant block the player we took and dont have much of an impact anyway. Only a couple of teams in the top 10 went playmaker. Both St Louis and Miami traded up to get theirs.

Looking at Jordan, he is pretty much the defensive version of Tavon Austin. They were mirror playmakers so to speak. The phins are clearly going to attack on defense. Wake on one side and Jordan on the other will force OTs out wide and allow Starks and Solial to destroy the middle. Ellerbe will also be a cause of concern with the occasional rush up the middle. Jordan also allows us a player who can cover these new explosive TEs down the seem. He is a perfect counter to Hernandez.

This thread should never die. There's just too much good stuff in it.
:possum4286:

Ohhh. . . I get it. Someone wants to remind someone of something they said a long time ago just to spite them. hah.

Apparently we'll never know if Jordan is any good - he's certainly not the brightest bulb in the light fixture.

Ohhh. . . I get it. Someone wants to remind someone of something they said a long time ago just to spite them. hah.

Sorry but you obviously do not get it. You must first understand the mad world in which WV lives in for light to be shed upon the thread for which you have entered.

Its must be getting close to the point where we can barely afford to waste a roster spot on him, especially if all that weight he gained was just from getting fat and not roids. Has a third overall pick ever been such a disaster in the league before? This must be right up there in the top 10.

Its must be getting close to the point where we can barely afford to waste a roster spot on him, especially if all that weight he gained was just from getting fat and not roids. Has a third overall pick ever been such a disaster in the league before? This must be right up there in the top 10.

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Picks/3rd-overall/30309/

kinda frustrating going through that list. some damn good players on there

May as well post the list of people who gave a thumbs up to this post. :lol:

I am certain many people removed their thanks on one of the numerous occasions it was bumped so they could then mock the thread despite the fact they thought it was great at the time it was posted. So this list may not be the complete list of those who initially agreed. The thumbs downs were of course not put there at the time of the original posting of this thread. I am also sure some of those were thumbs ups at first, then changed so that they could make fun of the thread as if they did not think Jordan was a great pick as well.

Here are the lists of thumbs ups that remain as I post this...........
ghost_fish, CallMeDaddy, finjim, spiketex, IrishDolphin, fins1, finz72, Mr772, Mcganiel, foozool13, Fintastic2124, Dolphin Junky, Rocket2981, SaskFinFan, finfanMex, Jed, JamesBW43, Ruckus45, ATL_PHIN_FAN, Dolphann4life, dolfaneric12, 3rdandinches, DolFan in NE, 4th And Drunk, Canadianfishfan, D-Rock, fanfin, nando03, tdelliott, Dolphins101, er22, SabanHater, NWFinFan, hickswill, sfloridafan, tay0365, uk_dolfan, dolfan_, thevegasphinfan, ISMKED WITRICKY, MadDog 88, Phins81, Glaxocon, Jonny, Phins28, rev kev, kcbrown, tylerdolphin, rent this space, phinzfan21, SnakeoilSeller, VA_Finfan, dolfan91, Phin-o-rama, damaster21, rustycage, Huck Phinn, pillBOXhat, Dominate, ChambersWI, Gonzo, Markcalius, Vaark, studsatele, GoonBoss, andyahs, PyroDOLFAN, mtd845ny, JEDIJ007, JKS4, Patrick_Bateman, TXFinFan, CalDolFan1014, gerblack, LDaniel7, metalman32060, TealAttack13, D0lphan72, russst, number1fin, fishfanmiami, SouthPaul, sirvmac

Now resume bashing the OP. Especially those whos names are on this list of people who thanked the post.

Finally I am going to explain this post...............

1. Of course I thought Jordan was a great pick. Looks like I was wrong for a change. But, keep pulling this one and a couple of others up and pretend I am not dead on more often than not. Lets see all of those who throw stones make bold statements and predictions as often and see how many they get right. Keep ignoring not just the times I was dead on the mark, but dead on about something that very few or no one else was onto. Why dont people go around bumping the threads like the Woodhead one where most people said I was an idiot. Or bump the thread where I stated Pennington would be the perfect QB for us back in February of 08, before the Jests even released him. Pull the thread where I said we would go 11-5 that year as soon as we brought Pennington in. Pull the Matt Ryan pre-draft threads. Pull the Henne threads. Pull the Garrard is a thief threads. Who else was wise to that? You can go back years on this site in respect to our QBs and I am always ahead of the curve. Who was the guy arguing that Sparano was clueless about clock management and taking a beating for it while 90% of the site still thought he was great? Finally, act like all of you didnt like the Jordan pick yourselves. Carry on bashing this thread and Jordan though. I love how this early in his career he can be declared a bust, but 33 starts in Tannehill still needs more time so we can figure out if he is the guy. Get real.

2. Nevermind the fact I got a bit excited over this pick. You folks do realize this thread was made on draft day. So I got stoked and thought Jordan would be a game changer like Jason Taylor only would not go ghost in 4th qtrs of big games.

3. Last but, not least. I like Jeff Ireland. Not as a GM, but personally I still kinda like him. He asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a crack whore. I love it. The man earned my respect forever out of that. I will always like Ireland for that.

And despite what you clowns say, he still put a decent roster together outside of Tannehill, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. He made 3 big mistakes there and I dont even put Tannehill on him. That was Philbin and Sherman for sure. There is a post in this thread from last year which I notice was quoted several posts ago that STILL holds true. This is a good football team. If we had a good QB, it would put a ton of wins together. But, that has pretty much been the Phins situation for years now. On top of that, Ireland never really had full control of the team until that last season. Parcells was in charge for a couple of years and Ireland was left to clean up his mess. He let Philbin kill us with Tannehill and then stored up his money and picks to make a run last season. Too bad he did not have the QB to do it with. Hell, I bet Ireland wouldve drafted Matty Ice.

Jeff Ireland....... LIKE A ****ING BOSS!!!!!!!!

This thread should never die. There's just too much good stuff in it.
:possum4286:

If you really want to bump threads where my posts look foolish in hindsight, just find that thread from Tannehill's rookie season where I got over excited and declared him a top 10 QB. :lol: Now that is ridiculous. That is probably the dumbest post I have ever made. It isnt as bad as "a young Tom Brady with legs" when Tannehill was in season 2, but what can possibly top that?

And despite what you clowns say, he still put a decent roster together outside of Tannehill, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. He made 3 big mistakes there and I dont even put Tannehill on him. That was Philbin and Sherman for sure. There is a post in this thread from last year which I notice was quoted several posts ago that STILL holds true. This is a good football team. If we had a good QB, it would put a ton of wins together. But, that has pretty much been the Phins situation for years now. On top of that, Ireland never really had full control of the team until that last season. Parcells was in charge for a couple of years and Ireland was left to clean up his mess. He let Philbin kill us with Tannehill and then stored up his money and picks to make a run last season. Too bad he did not have the QB to do it with. Hell, I bet Ireland wouldve drafted Matty Ice.

Jeff Ireland....... LIKE A ****ING BOSS!!!!!!!!

Wow, doubling down on the Ireland love.

Nice use of selective memory. Because we surely didn't have to revamp the OL. The 2013 draft class was crazy productive. Daniel Thomas is an all pro RB. Jonathan Martin is awesome. He didn't screw up the Brandon Marshall trade, then trade again. He had 13 draft picks in rounds 1-3 from 2010 until 2013. Of those, 5 have earned starting spots on the roster. Given your hate for Tannehill, you should only give him credit for 4.

I'm going to refer to your post every time I need to challenge your objectivity.

I'll humor your ridiculous opinion for a minute. Poor Jeff just didn't have the QB... wait, the GM didn't have the QB???? isn't that his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom