Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

1 he still maintains he will never play for the Texans again.

2 commissioners exempt list is in his future.
Well, much like X, he really doesn't have a choice of where he plays, if the Texans don't trade him. Like I intimated, he is seeing cash go out like a huge vacuum has been placed on his finances. That can change a persons perspective/demands.

I don't think much of the individual myself. I'm just stating what I see as being logical from his perspective.

As to your second statement, that is really just speculation. It would seem if the league were going to do something, they would have done it already, if only to be fair to the Texans. Of course it's possible they have been notified on the down low, but if that's the case, having the guy in camp wouldn't make much sense either.

I think the NFL would prefer the issue just go away. If they take such action, without physical proof, and zero criminal charges, they really do open themselves up to a lawsuit.

Honestly, I don't think that is a realistic expectation. For that to happen, it would require an almost "stars perfectly alligned" set of circumstances, so remote any speculation would be based on mere emotional daydreaming, akin to "if I won the lotto" planning.

While I do entertain those thoughts as I buy the ticket, it certainly isn't something on which to dwell.

No issue with you asking the question brother. Just stating my opinion.
Right. I can see that with the contract demands. Matching what Miami needs may be difficult as well.

Teams interested in Howard probably would want to unload some contract. It could be a lesser player and a draft pick.

The Dolphins could easily get a running back upgrade from several teams, Cleveland and Denver as examples. But Miami would need more.

I want to see him sign here for more G money.
I want to see our defense become the best in the league this season.
I want to see people's heads explode on here.
That would be my first choice as well. Going into the season with Iggy as the projected starter, if Howard is traded, raises question marks.

Maybe Iggy is up for the challenge and ready to start. But, most likely it's at least a small downgrade.

I want to see him sign here for more G money.
I want to see our defense become the best in the league this season.
I want to see people's heads explode on here.
Totally agree with sentence #2.

You are putting your head in the sand on sentence #1. The team has, by virtue of their actions/inactions, drawn a line in the sand.

As to sentence #3, well that is just emotional sour grapes. I guess some ppl get off on that sort of thing......lol.

Well, much like X, he really doesn't have a choice of where he plays, if the Texans don't trade him. Like I intimated, he is seeing cash go out like a huge vacuum has been placed on his finances. That can change a persons perspective/demands.

I don't think much of the individual myself. I'm just stating what I see as being logical from his perspective.

As to your second statement, that is really just speculation. It would seem if the league were going to do something, they would have done it already, if only to be fair to the Texans. Of course it's possible they have been notified on the down low, but if that's the case, having the guy in camp wouldn't make much sense either.

I think the NFL would prefer the issue just go away. If they take such action, without physical proof, and zero criminal charges, they really do open themselves up to a lawsuit.
Doesn't Watson have a no trade clause?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean, if he doesn't get traded he has no choice where he plays. It could end up in a stand off between Watson saying he won't play for the Texans and the Texans saying they won't trade him. Wonder who would flinch first?

Last edited:

I really hope the first round of depositions get scheduled for every day leading up to their opening game, and on that Sunday as well.

Totally agree with sentence #2.

You are putting your head in the sand on sentence #1. The team has, by virtue of their actions/inactions, drawn a line in the sand.

As to sentence #3, well that is just emotional sour grapes. I guess some ppl get off on that sort of thing......lol.
I'm not putting my head in the sand. You've asked and I've answered on what G money I find acceptable. We really don't know where everything stands. It's all speculation. My preference is still to have him back for a few more years guarentee more money.

I really hope the first round of depositions get scheduled for every day leading up to their opening game, and on that Sunday as well.
Lol. I understand where you're coming from, but that's not usually how things go when you can afford high priced legal teams.

I'm not putting my head in the sand. You've asked and I've answered on what G money I find acceptable. We really don't know where everything stands. It's all speculation. My preference is still to have him back for a few more years guarentee more money.
I understand what you want. It's apparent, to me at least, the team doesn't share your view. If they did, it's very likely we wouldn't have gotten to this point.

That's what I meant by head in sand. You are ignoring strong indicators, in the hope that things work out as you desire.

Is it possible that the two sides are close to an agreement, and some small acquiescence by one or the other gets us over the top? Sure it is "possible". I just don't see it as likely.

It looks to me like, in order of likelihood:

X plays this year on his current deal, or a minimal restructure.

The team finds an acceptable trade offer.

Or way less likely than options one or two.......

He gets a blockbuster new deal.

Where am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom