Yanks in Burnett hunt... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks in Burnett hunt...

RWhitney014 said:
I'll tell you what, FiPL. If the Fish go 5-0, 4-1, or 3-2 in the next three games and are within 4 of the WC, Burnett's not going anywhere. Anything else, and his Sox will be white. Bank on it.

Hypothetical situation. If the Red Sox wanted him bad enough, to the tune of say Arroyo, Ramirez/Lester/Paplebon (pick one) and Sanchez... you don't believe he would be a Red Sox? (I realize that trade would never happen or Theo would be burned at a stake here) but I don't see how you can completely rule out the Red Sox until you know their true interest. I wish I was as confident as you are about the Sox not making a move on him, but I just don't see the evidence showing that.

If anything the evidence points to the contrary. Gammons believes the Red Sox want him badly enough to pry him away from the Marlins, and Olney was quoted on WFAN in New York saying that he believes the Red Sox will end up with AJ.

That's different, that trade isn't on the table. For the trades on the table, Florida would take Chicago's because we need the reliever badly. But if Boston still wants to spin A.J. off for Wagner, it's not happening, and it's funny how Boston's front office now wants to deal with us because we've got the guy they want.

RWhitney014 said:
That's different, that trade isn't on the table. For the trades on the table, Florida would take Chicago's because we need the reliever badly. But if Boston still wants to spin A.J. off for Wagner, it's not happening, and it's funny how Boston's front office now wants to deal with us because we've got the guy they want.

Hey they are in competition with the Yanks, they need AJ. ;)

Doesn't really matter. The Marlins will hold onto A.J. unless they have a horrible week. I predicted that in print in my commentary. It just makes sense right now for the Marlins...when you're 4.5 games out of the WC/division, you don't trade away one of your better pitchers, especially with the question marks surrounding Beckett, Willis, and Valdez.

AJBurnett34 said:

Why, exactly do we "need" another guy in our rotation with an ERA around 4? :lol:

Man, some of you people are overrating this kid badly. In a couple of years he could infact become one of the best pitchers in baseball. This year however, he isn't putting any one of the AL contenders "over the top."

FaninPatsyLand said:
Why, exactly do we "need" another guy in our rotation with an ERA around 4? :lol:

Man, some of you people are overrating this kid badly. In a couple of years he could infact become one of the best pitchers in baseball. This year however, he isn't putting any one of the AL contenders "over the top."

I agree. Plus these pitchers who come from the NL to the AL always struggle for a while. This isn't a time for a pitcher to be breaking his cherry in the AL. Too much is on the line now.

AJBurnett34 said:

That's the problem. Boston had a 7.5 game lead on a BAD NY team just over a week ago. Now, NY with only 2 starting pitchers you can say, is only 1 game back! Boston has bigger problems than adding 1 starting pitcher. This would be a bad trade for Boston.

If they want seperation from NY........get someone for 2b, closer, and maybe an upgrade at 1b. They don't need AJ Burnett. With the money they will spend on Burnett they could bring in 3 guys to help fill out this team. And if they did that they would run away from NY in about 2 weeks!

MikeO said:
That's the problem. Boston had a 7.5 game lead on a BAD NY team just over a week ago. Now, NY with only 2 starting pitchers you can say, is only 1 game back! Boston has bigger problems than adding 1 starting pitcher. This would be a bad trade for Boston.

If they want seperation from NY........get someone for 2b, closer, and maybe an upgrade at 1b. They don't need AJ Burnett. With the money they will spend on Burnett they could bring in 3 guys to help fill out this team. And if they did that they would run away from NY in about 2 weeks!

I completely agree. Boston's starters are fine; their bullpen is a train wreck. That's where the focus needs to be; pick up a guy like Guardado, Baez or even (oh God) Joe Table.

Back
Top Bottom