Yearly Need vs Value Drafting Debate | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yearly Need vs Value Drafting Debate

Exactly, the defensive lineman must be disciplined and stay in their rush lanes and not let the QB break containment. It's not as much about getting to QB as it is keeping him in the pocket. Mr Slimm, why do think some Dlineman having such a hard time grasping this concept. Example, 3rd and 15. Vick is in the shotgun facing 4 down lineman. Both DE's blast up the field like their rears are on fire and Vick slips out the back door for a big gain. I just sit and shake my head.

This, though, severely limits the pass rush. If the dual threat is competent, it makes life relatively easy.

Exactly, the defensive lineman must be disciplined and stay in their rush lanes and not let the QB break containment. It's not as much about getting to QB as it is keeping him in the pocket. Mr Slimm, why do think some Dlineman having such a hard time grasping this concept. Example, 3rd and 15. Vick is in the shotgun facing 4 down lineman. Both DE's blast up the field like their rears are on fire and Vick slips out the back door for a big gain. I just sit and shake my head.

that's easy...its called sack totals bring large contracts...maintaining contain does not...most these guys are playing for numbers that will get them paid more when it comes right down to it...joey porter was the perfect example of a guy who all he cared about was getting up field...didn't matter one bit to him about making the qb stay in the pocket...

When Cam Newton is trying to run against NFL defenses, he's going to look a helluva lot slower than he did at Auburn too.... that's just the way it is.

I hate Cam Newton... I don't hate him because I don't like him, I hate him because I DO like him as a prospect.

It would've been a lot easier if he had stayed so I could get another year to look at him. I have more trouble with Cam Newton than any quarterback prospect I can remember...

Cecil Newton might be the one you have to worry about more than Cam to be honest... I'm telling you I know this to be fact. Anyone associated with the Auburn program knows this to be fact.

Please share the facts.

This, though, severely limits the pass rush. If the dual threat is competent, it makes life relatively easy.

This is just my opinion, but if I'm a defensive coordinator facing a duel threat QB, he's gonna have to show me he can methodically move the ball down the field using his arm.

that's easy...its called sack totals bring large contracts...maintaining contain does not...most these guys are playing for numbers that will get them paid more when it comes right down to it...joey porter was the perfect example of a guy who all he cared about was getting up field...didn't matter one bit to him about making the qb stay in the pocket...

If a player can't put away his own self interest for the good of the team, and play inside the scheme designed by the coordinator, I'd let him ride the pine or send him packing. The scenario you just described is what scares me about Brandon Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom