Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

could get Radunz, who I think much better tackle, without trade
The coaching staff had an up close look at Radunz during the senior bowl. They must have seen something that pushed Eich ahead of him. I’m interested to see how this pans out. Could be genius or an epic fail.

If we expect Hunt to be a great RG then it might be best to have the best run blocking T on the right to pair with him.

I'm not somone that buys into the blind side stuff (pretty sure we've actually had a discussion about this. could be wrong). But teams do tend to put their best pass blocker on that side for that exact reason though.

But many defenses have adjusted to teams placing their weaker blocker on the right side and use it to their advantage by playing their better pass rusher there. Just some examples of top rushers that play on the left side of the defense are the Watt and Bosa bro's. There are a lot more.

And I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with your assessment of some of his athletic deficiencies. He has plenty of traits I really like tho.

I'm just trying understand why you don't think he stands a chance on the left and should def play right, while simultaneously not believing that the blindside has any true importance.

What would be the real relevance of him not "resembling other LT's" then? Those guys, for the most part, are simply the better Tackles and got put there due to teams still heavily valuing blindside protection.

I do agree he'll likely end up on the right if he wins an OT job tho.
We had a damn good pass rushing DE we played on the left side. Remember?

I look at it a little different.

First, would have loved to get him without trading up. I love draft picks.

But Miami is in a different place than when the rebuild first started. There are fewer holes. If there's a player, your kind of player available, it makes sense to get him.
Yep, been saying this.

If there are 10 OT available there might be one starter in that bunch despite our ratings.

Its part guesswork but if you think you've identified the starter in that group you go get him, you dont take a guy you have less confidence in and hope it works out.

Jake long was a great prospect, but didnt have the feet and agility of sewell. Every scout will tell you this
Jake Long gave up 1 sack in 4 years, was an even better run blocker, captain, did it against better competition, was drafted #1 overall, and was immediately a fixture on Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams starting in his rookie year until injuries ended him.

Sewell played only 2 years of college in a garbage conference with zero pass rushers, opted out, has short arms, and got drafted behind a tight end.

But sure, feet and agility, I guess. He'll make a great guard if those are his best attributes.

So in response if i'm the opposing D co-ordinator i'm lining up my pass rush on Tua's blindside to take advantage of it. Hopefully he survives.

Like I said, I could see them flipping the formation with a lefty QB. Or if that's too difficult on the tackles we can teach Tua to throw right handed.
Eich best fit is RT
He becomes the 2nd best LT on the team
If A Jax injured we probably see Eich at LT We might see a combo of Hunt/ Dluker Davis RG/ RT...

Back
Top Bottom