you don't think afc east fears ricky? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you don't think afc east fears ricky?

armyfinfan said:
I dont have recent facts and info to back that up but in the past Miami was high on the list of merchandise sold. And also Fins n Chips said that in England Miami was on TV alot. Ive also heard about Miami being on TV in Mexico. Miami has a very big fan base ol' Losman7 I would put money on Miami having a bigger fan base than Buffalo.

Possible, but I don't know. Miami, being a larger city, probably has the advantage.

I don't know that merchandise sales mean much as far a fanhood,

On a national level though, there are Bills Backers clubs in 100's of cities nation wide.

Losman7 said:
Possible, but I don't know. Miami, being a larger city, probably has the advantage.

On a national level though, there are Bills Backers clubs in 100's of cities nation wide.

How can you say that you dont know that merchandise sales mean much as far as fanhood. It means everything. IMO the most popular teams will sell the most merchandise thus making them more popular.

Also Miami has a rich history of winning which Buffalo does not. More people like winners than losers and Miami has had much more success than Buffalo ever has leaving room for plenty of frontrunners to jump on Miami's Bandwagon. Miami's most famous player was Dan Marino who drew hundreds of thousands of fans to see him play. Buffalo's most famous player ever was O.J. Simpson. Enough said.

Losman7 said:
I don't know, Saban hasn't won a game yet, and the last three College coaches that cam eto the NFL haven't really got me worried.

I don't expect Saban to fail, but he could just like any other coach.

And I would bet that ricky has no 100 yard games this season, unless he's the starter.

well at least he´s not implementing a Fun & Gun Offense..... :lol:

armyfinfan said:
How can you say that you dont know that merchandise sales mean much as far as fanhood. It means everything. IMO the most popular teams will sell the most merchandise thus making them more popular.

Also Miami has a rich history of winning which Buffalo does not. More people like winners than losers and Miami has had much more success than Buffalo ever has leaving room for plenty of frontrunners to jump on Miami's Bandwagon. Miami's most famous player was Dan Marino who drew hundreds of thousands of fans to see him play. Buffalo's most famous player ever was O.J. Simpson. Enough said.

Buffalos most famous player is Jim kelly.

Also, miami has a great regular season record, but they haven't won anything since the 70's

Kids like jerseys, do you think every Michael Vick jersey is worn by a falcons fan?

I don't even care about this anymore.

Jim Kelly is no where near as famous as the JUICE how can you even dispute this. He was in a couple of movies and also in the news every day for like a year.

Losman7 said:
I don't know, Saban hasn't won a game yet, and the last three College coaches that cam eto the NFL haven't really got me worried.

And I would bet that ricky has no 100 yard games this season, unless he's the starter.

How about league leading coordinators becoming head coaches? Would they worry you? Remember, Saban isnt only a very successful former college coach...his stint as an NFL defensive coordinator yielded the best defense in the league in his final season in Cleveland (one of the worst before he arrived)

Losman7 said:

wow, don't get ahead of yourself, Ricky will without a doubt get a 100+ yard game, It was only one year.

MelbournePhin said:
last time i checked, it wasnt impossible for the backup to get 100 yards in a game.

If he busts a couple of long runs he could very easily get over 100yds. A good thing to remember is that our running game wont consist of "wad ball" as it has in the past. There will be some actual gameplanning to take advantage of our opponents specific weakenesses. Also, Linehans vertical offense will open up the running game considerably (assuming one of our QBs prove to be decent), keeping the safeties back and meaning that Ronnie OR Ricky could be just one missed tackle from a huge gain at any moment.
So, while I still have doubts that Ricky will be worth all the fuss and potential problems he could cause, and I question whether he can avoid another suspension, while he is actually playing, gaining 100yds as a backup in any given game would not surprise me in the least.

why cant everyone chill, noone on this site does it say "exclusively for fins fans only" jills fans can come if they want to, and sad as it may be, on occasion they add more insightful remarks than some of our own...

Losman7 said:
Whoever is starting could get 100 yards, the next guy won't. Not enough carries.

If I remeber right .. Ricky got 100+ yards in two carries against the Bills a while back.

Losman7 said:

yea, Dolphin colors are known to be worn by inner city gangs. Aqua is so tough.

You know what's even more annoying than Bills fans posting perfectly normal and respectful responses? Dolfans acting like punks and trying to stop them from commenting on something that they have an opinion on. The guy answered the posed question in his opinion and he gets told to stop posting simply because he disagrees. Tell me what's worse...

Well I think teams in the East, fear Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, Willis McGahee, and perhaps Ronnie Brown, but not Ricky Williams.

Losman7 said:
Whoever is starting could get 100 yards, the next guy won't. Not enough carries.

So then its a lack of carries..not skill ..right?

armyfinfan said:
I dont have recent facts and info to back that up but in the past Miami was high on the list of merchandise sold. And also Fins n Chips said that in England Miami was on TV alot. Ive also heard about Miami being on TV in Mexico. Miami has a very big fan base ol' Losman7 I would put money on Miami having a bigger fan base than Buffalo.

Who cares? We still sell out playoff games.

Back
Top Bottom