You guys understand we are still a year away right? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys understand we are still a year away right?

Youngest team in football is way ahead of schedule, playoff experience would be golden..

if they do damage in the playoffs Then this coach and players are a very very special combination..

We could lose to the chiefs,bills, pats, steelers ,split those games ,or win them all. The point is we could win all of them . We are already a pretty well rounded team where the defense can win the game, special teams could win the game, the offense could win the game. You have to play us for a full 60 minutes always nervous one of our units can hurt you. There is no rest. Heck punt the ball to us from your 20 and with Grant and our fg kicker we are already scoring 3 even if our offense does not move the ball. We seem to not make many mistakes with turnovers and flags. We have managed and closed out games with a lead and have come back from behind to win games.This w/o a real rb and 1 wr. I thought Chan did not like tes but we have them doing a really good job. We could go deep in the playoffs or lose early but it is going to be something to build on.
Add to that we have a good chunk of cap money and a lot of draft picks I am so excited. I have been a fan since 1973. This fin team feels like a Shula team,which I had given up hoping to ever see again. It is so hard build a complete team with the cap and todays modern athlete. I image the lockeroom after a game is the best in the nfl
We don't play the Steelers.....

I mean, sure, we’re not a super bowl team right now, but do we really need a wet blanket pointing that out? After years of disappointment, mediocrity and lack of vision we’re finally going into games excited at the possibility of winning again. What is so wrong with that?
The entire concept that there is a year we're supposed to be good and a year we're not is ridiculous conceptually. We're ahead of schedule and doing what it takes to win games. Our QB is playing well and being accurate with the ball and not throwing INTs. The defense and special teams are stepping up as well. Right now, we're a very good team in all three facets. Should we not do well in the back half of the year, that doesn't trigger some Rube Goldberg machine that then gives us wins next year we don't have to fight for. Many talented teams underperform and often, less talented teams exceed expectations.

And earlier this year we were lucky to be 6-10. Before that we were simply hoping the OL would grow enough we could start Tua.

Did you call those two things? No? Oh okay, then let’s maybe assume you don’t know this either

patience is super important, as are expectations, but hope is the ultimate goal of a fan. Go to hell for trying to smash others.

Is it possible to win 5 more? I think so ... stranger things have happened ....

We could be facing the Bills tied with the division on the line IMO

So assuming that we end up Division Champs at 11-5 where do you think we would be seeded?

We would have at least 1 home game? ... I think

Sure would be interesting

No, but if it bothers anyone they don’t have to reply or open it🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree, however when we make these kind of threads that the family will read first thing in the morning, we may want to think how we bring our idea across. May of us haven't enjoyed this kind of happiness with the team for a long time. We just want to enjoy the teams current success for as long as we can. As a family we understand we will be reloading the team with talent again this off season. :ffic:

As it is currently constructed we do not have an offense capable of winning a Super Bowl. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the playoffs. Just don’t freak out when we lose to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.
Yes...but enjoy the ride and hope Houston continues to stink...BUT we should be 9-3 in 3 weeks

The great thing about the dolphins is they don’t give a crap what you or I expect of them. They expect a hell of a lot from themselves. It’s a refreshing change and I’ll just enjoy the ride.

Just winning games is my championship, not worried about offensive or defensive stats, they should be better next season.

Just winning games is my championship, not worried about offensive or defensive stats, they should be better next season.
Stats arent the entire story, but they are indicative of reality.

Our defense is very good, though they are vulnerable against power rushing attacks. That is backed up by the statistics.

Our offense is servicable, but not dynamic. We can win with it as long as we don't make mistakes. That is backed up by the statistics.

Our specials are very good. We have a good punter, great kicker, very solid return and coverage units. Also backed up by the statistics.

Back
Top Bottom