You know what makes me sick...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know what makes me sick...?

baracuda

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here we are, 30 years since the Dolphins have won a Super Bowl, and I am sitting here watching the Marlins go the World Series for the 2nd time in the 11 years that the franchise has been in existence.

Nobody cares about that team, but yet they are on the verge of winning it all. Everyone cares about the Dolphins like their lives depended on it, but yet they underachieve and dissappoint us every year.

What gives?

Personally, I would have much rather seen the Cubs and/or the Red Sox (who can still do it) go to the World Series and win it all.

And in the back of my mind I cringe at the thought that the Dolphins could be in the same position as those Cubs or Red Sox in football talk. It's been 30 years since the Dolphins last won anything. Who is to say it won't be another 30 years?

I hope not anyway, but it just doesn't seem right that a team nobody really cares about is on the verge of winning it all. Meanwhile the team we all want to win it all always comes up short. :cry:

Have to deal with a lot more injuries of a worse kind in football. And you are in direct competiiton with your opponent, your hitting people every play.

Originally posted by baracuda
Here we are, 30 years since the Dolphins have won a Super Bowl, and I am sitting here watching the Marlins go the World Series for the 2nd time in the 11 years that the franchise has been in existence.

Kind of makes you wonder what would have happened if that 1997 team hadn't been dismantled. There was some serious talent on that team, although it was bought. If that group had stayed together, there's a good chance they could have remained good for a while.

Since I don't live in Florida, I have no natural connection to the teams down there, although I have always liked the Dolphins, 'Canes, Gators, and Marlins. You might say I'm not a true Florida sports fan because I like the 'Canes AND the Gators, and that's perfectly fine.....since I don't live down there, I don't get into the rivalry. But I was pulling for the Marlins not just because I like the team, but because there are some individuals on the Cubs who I don't like (Dusty Baker, Sammy Sosa, and Kenny Lofton). If the Yankees win tonight, I say go Marlins.....if the Red Sox win, I will be happy for either team.

Good post Baracuda

I live in the Chicago area and could really care less about baseball. Although I did watch this series because most of my friends are die hard Cubs fans.
All I can say is that the Cubs didnt deserve it. They choked worse than the Fins did last year(up by 11 points with 3 minutes left). The Cubs on the other hand, lost when they were up 3-1 in the series and had the most dominant pitchers pitching bac k to back. Makes me feel a lot better actually:lol:

But yeah, Sosa is a bitch.

to put it in perspective, the Jets have not win a SB since pre-merger after our 2, the Bills have never won; and yes the Pats finally won one on their 3rd try...

the Falcons have not had 2 winning seasons in a row ever...

P.S. the Marlins will lose in the WS

By the way, one of my friends who is a White Sox fan is going as Steve Bartman AKA "The Fan" who interferred with the 8th inning of Game 6.
He has the whole getup done to perfection, it is going to be hilarious. He loves to piss off Cub fans.

LOL, the fact that NOBODY supports the Marlins makes their accomplishment that much sweeter. Year after year we support the Phins and year after year they choke. The Marlins earned this by themselves and the Dolphins have not taken it to the next level even with solid fan support and an equal share of money to spend on brining in new talent.

Again, this goes back to what I was saying in another thread. To most people (and media), it has nothing to do with who's playing best baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who's playing the most EXCITING baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who has overcome THE MOST to get here (Marlins). It's all about two crummy teams that have underachieved for a century....who happen to play in big markets. And that my friends is an injustice. It's more important to talk about how the Cubs lost it rather than how the Marlins won it......again. If the media would just look at what's in front of them and embrace what the Marlins are doing, the interest will be there.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't make it. And if the Red Sox lose, I'm happy too. I hope the Marlins win it all and ruin baseball. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Again, this goes back to what I was saying in another thread. To most people (and media), it has nothing to do with who's playing best baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who's playing the most EXCITING baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who has overcome THE MOST to get here (Marlins). It's all about two crummy teams that have underachieved for a century....who happen to play in big markets. And that my friends is an injustice. It's more important to talk about how the Cubs lost it rather than how the Marlins won it......again. If the media would just look at what's in front of them and embrace what the Marlins are doing, the interest will be there.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't make it. And if the Red Sox lose, I'm happy too. I hope the Marlins win it all and ruin baseball. :rolleyes:

I don't follow baseball at all but I do watch a lot of news. If I didn't know that the Marlins played the Cubs, you have to listen really hard to know who won. You sure do know that the Cubs didn't. The Marlins are given no credit and no respect.

Wow, great post Muck. You hit it on the head there. Awesome.

Three Words Regarding Baseball
========================

No Salary Cap....

When there's no salary cap, you can buy a World Series team....

Just take a look at the Yankees. They've been doing it since the very start of their overrated existance....:mad:

PHINZ RULE THE EAST!!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom