You know what makes me sick...? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know what makes me sick...?

Originally posted by Muck
Again, this goes back to what I was saying in another thread. To most people (and media), it has nothing to do with who's playing best baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who's playing the most EXCITING baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who has overcome THE MOST to get here (Marlins). It's all about two crummy teams that have underachieved for a century....who happen to play in big markets. And that my friends is an injustice. It's more important to talk about how the Cubs lost it rather than how the Marlins won it......again. If the media would just look at what's in front of them and embrace what the Marlins are doing, the interest will be there.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't make it. And if the Red Sox lose, I'm happy too. I hope the Marlins win it all and ruin baseball. :rolleyes:

Non Football related Post of the year.:eat:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Three Words Regarding Baseball
========================

No Salary Cap....

When there's no salary cap, you can buy a World Series team....

Just take a look at the Yankees. They've been doing it since the very start of their overrated existance....:mad:

PHINZ RULE THE EAST!!!!:fire:
See but that's just what makes this team so special. Like Anaheim last year, they did not buy their spot in the series, they played hard with under the radar guys. In fact, if I remember the stats correctly, they had the third lowest salary in the NL. Whoever the Marlins face in the series, the Marlins' salary will be hundreds of millions lower than that of the AL representative. You gotta love that.

========================

No Salary Cap....

Just take a look at the Yankees. They've been doing it since the very start of their overrated existance....:mad:

I agree. No salary cap and free agency means that everyone in baseball buys a team. The Yankees are a disgrace their payroll is at least 3 times larger than 11 other teams' (6 times the Devil Rays').

The Marlins' payroll is actually 11mil richer than in '97, but went that is adjusted for avg player salary increase, it's effectively $40mil less.

The Cubs and the Giants are $23mil and $37mil richer respectively, the Sox and Yanks $41mil and $117mil. The Cubs deserve no sympathy. They had 3 games to win and they choked. The better team won. Not on individual talent, but as a team. Winning in the WS would be so great. It would be David killing 25 Goliaths.

Now back to the Dolphins.....:D

I think we have proof of how not to pressure your team to win a championship. Every year the Sox and Cubs cry, fuss, and believe in all kind of superstition that results in nothing but added pressure for their team. What pressure did the Marlins, Angels, or D-backs have these last 3 years? None. Because everyone in the media was busy on the other teams like the Yanks, Sox, and Giants.

The Dolphins too receive a lot of pressure from our media and fans. If we just pretended that we except them not to make it to the playoffs THEN they will TAKE that challenge as opposed to feeling the pressure to MEET that challenge. Remember, Miami won Superbowls in the 70's when Miami was considered a relatively small town and the locals were happy with just attending the games much less win a few. National experts believed that there wasn't enough resources for an NFL championship to exist in Miami. So it was easier to attain a title than these other teams living under the microscope.

Dolfan02, I crack up whenever I see the pic in your sig. That's a classic, complete with the caption.

hey it's been to long to count since my Red Sox got to the WS and tonight they will. it's a matter of patience (excuse i guess lol but it makes feel better) and getting a GM who knows talent when he sees it.

football is much different then baseball. the trades, FA, the money.. all different. don't worry i have a feeling both my teams are gonna win the big one.

This is the year of the champions who've been M.I.A. (intresting means MIAmi as well) for a few years!

GO SOX/FINS!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Well the Marlins bought their first WS, the earned the second one.

They earned the 1st one too. They were not the highest paid team that year, the Yankees were.

Oliver...

Honestly I was pulling for the cubs

just so the Fins can get their field back. I'll root for them now cause i dont like the AL much. i must admit growing up in Miami, I've been a Mets fan (They stunk it up this year) all my life. I'm sure some of you baseball fans remember the Mets being Florida's team before the Marlins were formed.

Here's to the Marlins.

i think the dolphins have horrible fans IMO .....although we seem to be selling out more games this year and last

but how many times have the phins had a half empty stadium to play in front of.....i may be incorrect but it seems like it happened fairly often in seasons past

i wish our fans were rowdier like the 'dawg pound' i mean most of the crappiest teams have unbelievable turnouts and fan support.

i am going to the NE game this sunday and i am anticipating a rowdy crowd...i hope

the phins deserve it....3 road wins in a row and they should come home to a crowd that loves them and supports them

GET CRUNK!!!!!

========================

No Salary Cap....

if there is gonna be a salary cap, they need one in baseball!:eek:

Originally posted by baracuda
Here we are, 30 years since the Dolphins have won a Super Bowl, and I am sitting here watching the Marlins go the World Series for the 2nd time in the 11 years that the franchise has been in existence.

Nobody cares about that team, but yet they are on the verge of winning it all. Everyone cares about the Dolphins like their lives depended on it, but yet they underachieve and dissappoint us every year.

What gives?

Personally, I would have much rather seen the Cubs and/or the Red Sox (who can still do it) go to the World Series and win it all.

And in the back of my mind I cringe at the thought that the Dolphins could be in the same position as those Cubs or Red Sox in football talk. It's been 30 years since the Dolphins last won anything. Who is to say it won't be another 30 years?

I hope not anyway, but it just doesn't seem right that a team nobody really cares about is on the verge of winning it all. Meanwhile the team we all want to win it all always comes up short. :cry:

Screw baseball! That game is for wussies anyway! WTFC anyway?
If I wanted to talk wussball, I'd go to a wussball board!! :evil: :evil: :goof: Just "Mucking" with ya !! :lol: :lol:

Re: Re: You know what makes me sick...?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Screw baseball! That game is for wussies anyway! WTFC anyway?
If I wanted to talk wussball, I'd go to a wussball board!! :evil: :evil: :goof: Just "Mucking" with ya !! :lol: :lol:
i think i'd rather watch paint dry, i'm not a fan, was just making a comment!;)

Originally posted by Muck
Again, this goes back to what I was saying in another thread. To most people (and media), it has nothing to do with who's playing best baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who's playing the most EXCITING baseball (Marlins). It has nothing to do with who has overcome THE MOST to get here (Marlins). It's all about two crummy teams that have underachieved for a century....who happen to play in big markets. And that my friends is an injustice. It's more important to talk about how the Cubs lost it rather than how the Marlins won it......again. If the media would just look at what's in front of them and embrace what the Marlins are doing, the interest will be there.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't make it. And if the Red Sox lose, I'm happy too. I hope the Marlins win it all and ruin baseball. :rolleyes:

Who cares, Muck? It's only "wussball" !!! LOL

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
i think the dolphins have horrible fans IMO .....although we seem to be selling out more games this year and last

but how many times have the phins had a half empty stadium to play in front of.....i may be incorrect but it seems like it happened fairly often in seasons past

i wish our fans were rowdier like the 'dawg pound' i mean most of the crappiest teams have unbelievable turnouts and fan support.

i am going to the NE game this sunday and i am anticipating a rowdy crowd...i hope

the phins deserve it....3 road wins in a row and they should come home to a crowd that loves them and supports them

GET CRUNK!!!!!

I don't know where you busted out with this crap BUT...

just wait 'til you're at the game :D you'll be surprised how the TV lies. And by the way we sold out every game this year 75,540 per game.

Back
Top Bottom