Your All-Pro team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pro team

No way is Culpepper the best QB in the league. Manning, McNabb and Patriot boy I would prefer over Mr Fumbles.

unifiedtheory said:
Taylor is trending downward? Is that because his sack numbers are down?

Sacks are an overrated statistic...perhaps the most overrated stat in all of sports.

Taylor was better then ever last year. The literally got doubled or at least chipped on every down. He was playing on a bad team, with no defensive tackles and a very average end on the other side, in a scheme that had no originality. Yet, he played his a$$ off every snap and had a damn good year.

Name me 3 defensive ends in the NFL that are better. If you say John Abraham is one of them I'll laugh myself silly...

Actually tackles is the most overrated stats which dolphin fans throw out about Zach all the time. I agree though they are a bit overrated but that is what pass rushers are judged on, I think pressures are more important but they don't keep accurate #s on that stat.

So Taylor didn't get doubled or chipped in other years too? He played in the SAME scheme that he thrived in for many years so please stop blaming everything on your coaching staff and le the players take some accountablility. The way most of yuo guys talk you'd think you ha d dynasty talent but it was DW who kept you from winning 5 SBs the last 7 years.

I already named DEs that are currently better than Taylor go look it up earlier in this thread and yes Abe is better now.

and I can't wait until the Jets and every other team in the NFL sees how good JT will be next year with Kevin Carter on the D-line, even Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor are added bonuses too.

Yes the dolphin DL should e scary w/ washed up bums like Carter and Traylor and never have beens in Holliday. :lol:

nyjunc said:
Yes the dolphin DL should e scary w/ washed up bums like Carter and Traylor and never have beens in Holliday. :lol:
how is Carter a bum? please explain, he has never gotten injured or missed a game in his whole NFL career, he is a decent pass rusher and he is good at stoping the run. Now I see why you would call Traylor a bum because he's big and fat right? who cares? all we want him to do is plug up the middle which a big body like his is more then capable of doing. Holliday might not be a big time player but he is still better then David Bowens and he will thrive off of Taylor, not to mention his back-up Matt Roth.

nick1 said:
how is Carter a bum? please explain, he has never gotten injured or missed a game in his whole NFL career, he is a decent pass rusher and he is good at stoping the run. Now I see why you would call Traylor a bum because he's big and fat right? who cares? all we want him to do is plug up the middle which a big body like his is more then capable of doing. Holliday might not be a big time player but he is still better then David Bowens and he will thrive off of Taylor, not to mention his back-up Matt Roth.

Carter had ONE big time season and that was last decade. He's old and he's about through, you guys talk about him like he's Julius Peppers. He will not be an impact player.

nyjunc said:
Carter had ONE big time season and that was last decade. He's old and he's about through, you guys talk about him like he's Julius Peppers. He will not be an impact player.
beleive what you want

nick1 said:
beleive what you want
And you keep believing that the dolphins are ultra talented at every position and will win 10+ games.

nyjunc said:
And you keep believing that the dolphins are ultra talented at every position and will win 10+ games.
do you really think that the Dolphins are that bad? we have talent in every area pretty much, our WRs are good, McMichael is undoubtly the best TE in this divison. We have two or three talented RBs. Our D has a great d-line, and good LBs. Wes Welker is a good KR and Mare is a good kicker who's had a couple bad years but kickers keep kicking at 40+ years old

do you really think that the Dolphins are that bad?

Do I think you'll be 4-12 again? absolutely not. Do I think you'll contende for the division or even a playoff spot? Absolutely not. I think you'll win around 7 games. Yes you have some very good skill players on O but there are plenty of questions such as the QB, OL, what will Ricky contribute? Boston? Booker's #s have consistently been going down every year since he had those 2 real good years. On D, you are getting older, lose Surtain, Seau is coming off major injury. And add in a rookie HC. You will definitely be better than last year and but more than 7 maybe 8 wins and I just don't see it. NE, NYJ and Buf are all clearly better than Miami at this point.

nyjunc said:
He did? Vilma was one of the best players on one of the best D's in football, Dunta had a good year and picked up some INTs but didn't do near as much as Vilma did for the Jets.
i hate the jets soo much. but vilma is the man. go CANES!

heres a better and more realistic all pro team

QB manning
RB tomlinson
WR moss
WR owens
TE Gates
LT W Jones
LG Faneca
C K Mawae
RG Shields
RT Roaf

DE Freeney
DT Stroud
DT Jamal Williams
DE Peppers
OLB Spikes
OLB Arrington
MLB Urlacher
CB Bailey
CB McAllister
FS Harrison
SS Reed

One4theThumb said:
QB manning
RB tomlinson
WR moss
WR owens
TE Gates
LT W Jones
LG Faneca
C K Mawae
RG Shields
RT Roaf

DE Freeney
DT Stroud
DT Jamal Williams
DE Peppers
OLB Spikes
OLB Arrington
MLB Urlacher
CB Bailey
CB McAllister
FS Harrison
SS Reed

more realistic? why?

because you have Willie Roaf out of position at RT? because Rodney Harrison is out of position at FS? or my favorite......because you only have 10 players on offense?

just curious what gives your team this "realism" that the other teams are obviously lacking?? :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom