Your All-Pro team | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pro team

bakedmatt said:
Well, Zach Thomas isn't the best MLB in the league but Jason Taylor is the best RE. He's a playmaker that plays both the run and pass very well and has been on the field playing healthy for years.

3 years ago i'd agree but he isn't close to the best DE anymore and his #s have been in decline steadily the past 3 seasons.

nyjunc said:
The point is he had another pass rusher to help him as well the same way Abe & Ellis feed off each other.
yes but Ellis and Abe are of the same talent level and Taylor has yet to find a DE of that level, he almost has no equal. Maybe Roth will develop into a good partner for him.

nyjunc said:
You convinced me :rolleyes: ZERO sacks in 8 playoff games for Mr. playmaker, that should open your eyes.
and how many DTs has he faced in those games? probably close to 200, you are blinded by your love of the Jets :shakeno:

PhinDude88 said:
Here is my All Pro team.

QB- P.Manning
RB- P.Holmes
WR- T.Owens
WR- R.Moss
TE- T.Gonzalez
LT- W. Jones
LG- A.Faneca
C- K.Mawae
RG- B.Waters
RT- O.Pace

DE- J.Peppers
DT- M.Stroud
DT- K.Williams
DE- D.Freeney
LB- T.Suggs
LB- R.Lewis
LB- J.Peterson
CB- D.Robinson
CB- D.Bly
FS- B.Dawkins
SS- E.Reed

K- A.Vinatieri
P- S.Lechler
KR/PR- D.Hall

I don't understand your CBs at all.

nyjunc said:
3 years ago i'd agree but he isn't close to the best DE anymore and his #s have been in decline steadily the past 3 seasons.

Please, share who you think is the best RE in the league. I'm not being sarcastic.

nyjunc said:

JT might not be the best DE in the leauge, but he sure is in the top 5.

QB-Manning
RB-LT
WR-TO
WR-R.Moss
TE-Gates
LT-Pace
LG-Faneca
C-Mawae
RG-Shields
RT-Ogden

RE-Freeney
DT-Stroud
DT-Henderson
LE-Peppers
LOLB-Peterson
MLB-R.Lewis
ROLB-Spikes
CB-Bailey
CB-Mcalister
FS-Dawkins
SS-Reed

nick1 said:
you should've picked Surtain or Baily

Chump, i mean Champ got burned alot last year, that is why i didn't pick him. I think that Robinson had a great year in his rookie year and he can only get better and better. I haven't got to watch Bly play alot, but what i can see of him he sure is a pretty good CB.

PhinDude88 said:
I had a hard time with the CB's.
I would've chose Champ Bailey, Chris McCalister, Patrick Surtain, or Antoine Winfield, and yeah I do think Dre Bly was a pretty good choice.

no matter what you have to put Ed Reed at SS, he is undoubtly the best SS in the league

PhinDude88 said:
Chump, i mean Champ got burned alot last year, that is why i didn't pick him. I think that Robinson had a great year in his rookie year and he can only get better and better. I haven't got to watch Bly play alot, but what i can see of him he sure is a pretty good CB.
I feel the same way I just feel like I have to mention him because he was once a great CB

alright nyjunc I asked a Bills fan because he was a neutral party and this is what he said
Losman7 said:
Jason Taylor is the best DE in the division. Better than Ellis and Abraham. He has been to consistant over the years to sell him out now.

I would probably take Ellis over any of them, he is younger, and if he keeps it up, he'll put up Jason taylor numbers.

nick1 said:
yes but Ellis and Abe are of the same talent level and Taylor has yet to find a DE of that level, he almost has no equal. Maybe Roth will develop into a good partner for him.

Ellis developed into a PB caliber player the last 2 years and only has 1 PB. Armstrong made the PB in 2000 and Ogunleye made it in '03, that's 1 more PB DE than Abe played w/.

and how many DTs has he faced in those games? probably close to 200, you are blinded by your love of the Jets

LT faced an entire teams' gameplan around him and he didn't have zero sacks in the playoffs. Heck Abraham has 2 sacks in 2 playoff games and he was DT'd constantly. Big time players make plays in big games, taylor has NO sacks in his playoff career. That should tell you something.

JT might not be the best DE in the leauge, but he sure is in the top 5.

At this point he is not. These other DEs are in no particluar order: Abe, Ellis, Freeney, Peppers, Kerney, Grant & KGB are better at this point. Not all are better than Jason was but as of now I'd take everyone of them over him.

Back
Top Bottom