Your All-Pro team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pro team

nyjunc said:
Oh ok, you know you'll stop the run this year well what about then pass? W/ a healthy Chad, the return of Coles and the acquisition of a pass catching TE we'll be throwing more efficiently.

The Jets did not make a huge mistake overpaying for lamont to be a backup, if Lamont was going to start then yes but as a backup they signed a quality backup for less $. Our D is top 5 and getting better while our O should be light years ahead of last year and that's bad news for you guys since we dropped 41 on you :D
first off how is your D a top 5? you have about 4 good players on D but that doesn't make it top 5. Our D will sack Chad and have him back on the IR. See how you like it will Fiedlier at the Helm. Our O will run all over your D, Brown will have a field day and we don't need a good QB to pass all over the Jets. You guys are a joke and you will see that. BTW Moss is better then Coles

nick1 said:
first off how is your D a top 5? you have about 4 good players on D but that doesn't make it top 5. Our D will sack Chad and have him back on the IR. See how you like it will Fiedlier at the Helm. Our O will run all over your D, Brown will have a field day and we don't need a good QB to pass all over the Jets. You guys are a joke and you will see that. BTW Moss is better then Coles

We were actually #4 and .1 PPG away from #2.

4 good players? we have one of the best DL's in the game w/ the best pair of DE's in Abe & Ellis, we have a big time DT in dewayne Robertson, we have a budding star MLB in Jonatahn Vilma, we have 2 other above average LB's in Hobson and Barton(our 4th LB would start on most teams and that's Mark Brown), we have a solid secondary w/ Erik Coleman and Jon McGraw at the S's and David Barrett & D. Abe at the corners. Barrett was very good last year and a suprise, D. Abe is slowing down but still ok- that's pretty much the only weakness on D and w/ the great pass rush we have that is minimized a bit.

Your O will run all over our D? :lol:
Moss is better than Coles? :lol:

nyjunc said:
We were actually #4 and .1 PPG away from #2.

4 good players? we have one of the best DL's in the game w/ the best pair of DE's in Abe & Ellis, we have a big time DT in dewayne Robertson, we have a budding star MLB in Jonatahn Vilma, we have 2 other above average LB's in Hobson and Barton(our 4th LB would start on most teams and that's Mark Brown), we have a solid secondary w/ Erik Coleman and Jon McGraw at the S's and David Barrett & D. Abe at the corners. Barrett was very good last year and a suprise, D. Abe is slowing down but still ok- that's pretty much the only weakness on D and w/ the great pass rush we have that is minimized a bit.

Your O will run all over our D? :lol:
Moss is better than Coles? :lol:
are you kinding me? your team had 1 more sack then Miami did last year and Miami added Holliday, Roth, and Carter some good pass-rushers. Our d-line will get more sacks then yours. Madison is better then any of your CBs. Thomas, Seau, and Spragan are better then your 3 LBs and we have a good back-up in Crowder. Our D will be much better then yours. as for our O that is unproven but with the talent we have we should be good. and yes Moss is better then Coles the Jets jsut didn't throw to him enough

Moss had 45 rec. compared to Coles 90 and yet Coles only had 100 more yards and you say he is better then Moss? give me a break look at the #'s Moss averages more YAC then Coles does

nick1 said:
are you kinding me? your team had 1 more sack then Miami did last year and Miami added Holliday, Roth, and Carter some good pass-rushers. Our d-line will get more sacks then yours. Madison is better then any of your CBs. Thomas, Seau, and Spragan are better then your 3 LBs and we have a good back-up in Crowder. Our D will be much better then yours. as for our O that is unproven but with the talent we have we should be good. and yes Moss is better then Coles the Jets jsut didn't throw to him enough

We gave up 16.3 PPG, Miami gave up 22.1- do you see the difference? Sacks are nice but it is pressures that are more important PLUS we were w/o our best pass rusher the last month of the year.

Moss is a better deep threat, he is not close to a better WR. Coles is so much better and tougher. Check out their career #s. Lats year Coles YPC was down but do you think playing in wash w/ no QB and a bad OL had anything to do w/ that? Moss wasn't even our best WR as McCareins became Chad's go to guy.

Your LB's are not better, Seau is past his prime and coming off a serious injury, Zach is getting older and Vilma is just better right now. Our LB's are better, our DL is better and w/o Surtain ouir DBs are probably better though it's close.

nyjunc said:
We gave up 16.3 PPG, Miami gave up 22.1- do you see the difference? Sacks are nice but it is pressures that are more important PLUS we were w/o our best pass rusher the last month of the year.

Moss is a better deep threat, he is not close to a better WR. Coles is so much better and tougher. Check out their career #s. Lats year Coles YPC was down but do you think playing in wash w/ no QB and a bad OL had anything to do w/ that? Moss wasn't even our best WR as McCareins became Chad's go to guy.

Your LB's are not better, Seau is past his prime and coming off a serious injury, Zach is getting older and Vilma is just better right now. Our LB's are better, our DL is better and w/o Surtain ouir DBs are probably better though it's close.
not his agruement again :shakeno: I already killed the Bill fans in this one. Zach Thomas is still a great player, he got 145 tackles in just 13 games he played in. you can't compare a player coming off his rookie year with Zach Thomas you just can't. I like Vilma and think he will be great but you just can't compare the two. Taylor is better then all of your DEs but already had that agruement.

nick1 said:
not his agruement again :shakeno: I already killed the Bill fans in this one. Zach Thomas is still a great player, he got 145 tackles in just 13 games he played in. you can't compare a player coming off his rookie year with Zach Thomas you just can't. I like Vilma and think he will be great but you just can't compare the two. Taylor is better then all of your DEs but already had that agruement.

Once again tackle #s are very subjective, where are these tackles taking place? are they at, behind or near the LOS? The # of tackles do not make a player great, I have said it many times before we had a guy named Kyle Clifton who used to avg around 200 tackles a year and he was not great.

Please explain to me how taylor is better than Abe & Ellis? Ellis had MORE sacks in 1 LESS game and Abe had the same # ofr sacks in almost 5 LESS games. Taylor's sacks have been going down each of the last 3 years, he is older and his body has taken alot of abuse. He is not the player he was- BOTH Abe & Ellis are better.

nyjunc said:
Once again tackle #s are very subjective, where are these tackles taking place? are they at, behind or near the LOS? The # of tackles do not make a player great, I have said it many times before we had a guy named Kyle Clifton who used to avg around 200 tackles a year and he was not great.

Please explain to me how taylor is better than Abe & Ellis? Ellis had MORE sacks in 1 LESS game and Abe had the same # ofr sacks in almost 5 LESS games. Taylor's sacks have been going down each of the last 3 years, he is older and his body has taken alot of abuse. He is not the player he was- BOTH Abe & Ellis are better.
alright I'll explain myself one more time, Taylor has been doing what he's been doing longer then both Ellis and Abe have. He has taken more abuse in double teams yet he is still a dominate force. since Abe and Ellis have each other they don't see nearly as much double teams as Taylor does. Taylor still manages to get more tackles and more sacks then them both until this past year were the defense fell apart. Taylor does more then just get sacks or just provide QB pressure, he also deflects much more passes and gets some INTs. He has scored more TDs also. You can't compare Ellis and Abe to Taylor who is injured much less often and does much more for his team. Taylor is the absolute definition of a playmaker.

nick1 said:
alright I'll explain myself one more time, Taylor has been doing what he's been doing longer then both Ellis and Abe have. He has taken more abuse in double teams yet he is still a dominate force. since Abe and Ellis have each other they don't see nearly as much double teams as Taylor does. Taylor still manages to get more tackles and more sacks then them both until this past year were the defense fell apart. Taylor does more then just get sacks or just provide QB pressure, he also deflects much more passes and gets some INTs. He has scored more TDs also. You can't compare Ellis and Abe to Taylor who is injured much less often and does much more for his team. Taylor is the absolute definition of a playmaker.

Did you know that John Abraham averages .75 sacks per game compared to .62 for Taylor? Over his career taylor has been better but right now(and last year) there is little question that Abe & Ellis are better. You act like Taylor has never had help, Adewale Ogunleye was a pretty good pass rusher his last 2 years in Miami, trace Armstrong was very good before that so please stop w/ the nonsense that he was the only guy there. Abe sees just as many DTs as Taylor.

Did you also know that in 8 career playoff games your "playmaker" has ZERO sacks?

nyjunc said:
Did you know that John Abraham averages .75 sacks per game compared to .62 for Taylor? Over his career taylor has been better but right now(and last year) there is little question that Abe & Ellis are better. You act like Taylor has never had help, Adewale Ogunleye was a pretty good pass rusher his last 2 years in Miami, trace Armstrong was very good before that so please stop w/ the nonsense that he was the only guy there. Abe sees just as many DTs as Taylor.

Did you also know that in 8 career playoff games your "playmaker" has ZERO sacks?
please JT made Ogun what he is, Ogun was no good. all he had to do was get around one guy and thats not too hard. JT was still drawing the double teams. In the playoffs everybody just doubled JT every play so he had little chance to do anything. and your not listening JT has had more TDs (the most important stat in the game) and has had more FF and INT (turnovers are really important) plus he has deflected more passes which if you don't get the sack is the next good thing you can do. no way he sees as many DTs as Taylor. and sacks are not the only thing a DE can do. A playmaker does it all (FF, INT, TD, sacks, etc.)

Taylor is a bigger playmaker then Abe and Ellis, Case Closed

nick1 said:
please JT made Ogun what he is, Ogun was no good. all he had to do was get around one guy and thats not too hard. JT was still drawing the double teams. In the playoffs everybody just doubled JT every play so he had little chance to do anything. and your not listening JT has had more TDs (the most important stat in the game) and has had more FF and INT (turnovers are really important) plus he has deflected more passes which if you don't get the sack is the next good thing you can do. no way he sees as many DTs as Taylor. and sacks are not the only thing a DE can do. A playmaker does it all (FF, INT, TD, sacks, etc.)
The point is he had another pass rusher to help him as well the same way Abe & Ellis feed off each other.

nick1 said:
Taylor is a bigger playmaker then Abe and Ellis, Case Closed

You convinced me :rolleyes: ZERO sacks in 8 playoff games for Mr. playmaker, that should open your eyes.

nyjunc said:
Not a bad list. I'd take out the overrated Culpepper and the Dolphins you have on D that are past their primes but other than that it's pretty good.

Well, Zach Thomas isn't the best MLB in the league but Jason Taylor is the best RE. He's a playmaker that plays both the run and pass very well and has been on the field playing healthy for years.

Here is my All Pro team.

QB- P.Manning
RB- P.Holmes
WR- T.Owens
WR- R.Moss
TE- T.Gonzalez
LT- W. Jones
LG- A.Faneca
C- K.Mawae
RG- B.Waters
RT- O.Pace

DE- J.Peppers