OLB:Spikes
OLB:porter (Peterson)
MLB: Urlacher
MLB: Lewis (Al Wilson)
CB: Surtain (Smoot)
CB: Law (D. Robinson)
FS: Dawkins (E. Wilson)
SS: Reed (Pomalalu)
I really like that team, great team. Also I like the 3-4 as well, what would your team be for 4-3?

nyjunc said:
Culpepper is a fantasy QB, he puts up great #s but come crunchtime he is terrible and that was WITH #84. Still tore it up w/o Moss?

Culpepper played in 5 games where Randy was either out or in and hurt and didn't catch a pass. In those 5 games he:

-threw for 183 yds but the D held Ten to 3 points and they won.
-lost to the Giants throwing for 231 yds on 41 attempts and had 2 picks.
-lost at Indy but played well even though nhis yardage #s were down, he was 16 of 19 which is damn good w/ no INTs.
-played well against GB in close loss, threw 4 TDs and 0 INTs
-Medicore against Det but they won, 233 yards and an INt w/ 2 Tds

In those 5 games they played 2 playoff teams and lost to them both, also lost to dreadful Giants playing horribly. Beat Det & Ten. This is not proof he can produce w/o #84.

Ok, you can edit the stats to make them look how you want, but the bottom line is that he had almost 100 qb rating in those 5 games (98.9 to be exact) and completed over 68% of his passes. Let's see what other QB's do when their #1 WR goes down??? Forget that it's Moss even, but his #1 target was out and he still produced those #'s and his team scored almost 23 points per game.

nyjunc said:
Show me the big games where daunte played great? He was brutal late in the year the last 2 years and the only reason he made the p;layoffs this year was b/c the NFC was putrid.

How about playoffs in GB this year:
W,31-17 19 cmp 29 att 284 yds 4 td 0 int 6 rushes 54 yds.(137.1 rating). Is that GREAT enough for you? Is a playoff game big enough for you?

As for sucking the end of the last 2 years.....in his last 4 regular season games of '04 he had 9 td's and 1 int. 115 qb rating. Brutal??

Last 4 of '03? 8td 3 int.....not great. Brutal?

The team has struggled late in the year....but that's certainly not all on Daunte's shoulders.

painnotpleasure said:
I really like that team, great team. Also I like the 3-4 as well, what would your team be for 4-3?
Thanks man. I was goin 3-4 with that, hence my selection of Kerney (as a backup and bigger pass rushing end) i thought about Strahan for that spot too.

i also went with Porter over peterson cause of health and exerience in the system.

Dunta was a sentimental choice as a backup. S. Carolina alum like me :lol:

PhinDude88 said:
Why isn't P.Manning the QB?

Because Peyton plays like **** when he is pressured. BTW thats a nice list burger.

I would put Vilma and MLB, he is a great player and is young. He might be a Jet but I love my Hurricane boyz

burger13 said:
Saw this on another board and thought it was a good way to pass the time.....make whatever kind of team you want....2 TE, 3 WR, 4-3, 3-4, whatever:

QB-D.Culpepper
RB-L.Tomlinson
WR-T.Owens
WR-R.Moss
WR-T.Holt
TE-T.Gonzalez
LT-W.Jones
LG-A.Faneca
C-L.Bentley
RG-B.Waters
RT-R.Gallery

LE-J.Peppers
DT-M.Stroud
DT-V.Wilfork
RE-J.Taylor
OLB-T.Spikes
MLB-Z.Thomas
OLB-J.Peterson
CB-S.Springs
CB-D.Robinson
SS-B.Dawkins
FS-E.Reed

get robinson off the list and add a different star cb and add a fullback and your good to go, i like it its pretty good;)

FinsAreLife said:
get robinson off the list and add a different star cb and add a fullback and your good to go, i like it its pretty good;)

I already addressed Robinson......if i were to have taken a "now" CB, it would have been Law...who's injured "now", so I just went with Robinson. ;)

I went to a 3WR base because I couldn't justify taking any FB over any of the 3 receivers....but if I had a FB, I guess I'd take F.Beasley.

QB Manning
RB Tomlinson
FB Richardson
WR Randy Moss
WR Terrel Owens
TE Gonzalez
LT OGden
LG Faneca
C Matt Birk
RG Waters
RT Chad Clifton

DE Peppers
DT Kris Jenkins
DT Kevin Williams
DE Jason Taylor
OLB Keith Bullock
MLB Ray Lewis
OLB Julian Peterson
CB Champ Bailey
CB Chris McAlister
S Ed Reed
S Adrian Wilson

Here's my All-Pro team:
QB - P.Manning
RB - L.Tomlinson
WR - R.Moss
WR - T.Holt
WR - M.Harrison
TE - T.Gonzalez
LT - W.Roaf
LG - A.Faneca
C - K.Mawae
RG - A.Timmerman
RT - J.Runyan
LE - M.Strahan
DT - M.Stroud
DT - K.Jenkins
RE - J.Taylor
OLB - K.Bulluck
MLB - R.Lewis
OLB - D.Brooks
CB - C.Bailey
CB - P.Surtain
SS - R.Harrison
FS - E. Reed

nyjunc said:
Culpepper is a fantasy QB, he puts up great #s but come crunchtime he is terrible and that was WITH #84. Still tore it up w/o Moss?

Culpepper played in 5 games where Randy was either out or in and hurt and didn't catch a pass. In those 5 games he:

-threw for 183 yds but the D held Ten to 3 points and they won.
-lost to the Giants throwing for 231 yds on 41 attempts and had 2 picks.
-lost at Indy but played well even though nhis yardage #s were down, he was 16 of 19 which is damn good w/ no INTs.
-played well against GB in close loss, threw 4 TDs and 0 INTs
-Medicore against Det but they won, 233 yards and an INt w/ 2 Tds

In those 5 games they played 2 playoff teams and lost to them both, also lost to dreadful Giants playing horribly. Beat Det & Ten. This is not proof he can produce w/o #84.

Show me the big games where daunte played great? He was brutal late in the year the last 2 years and the only reason he made the p;layoffs this year was b/c the NFC was putrid.
dude shutup, the jets r going to suck this year. chad pennington is the most overrated qb and martin will not play as well as he did last year...i have no clue how you guys had a good defense but im sure it wont be as good this year. i bet you guys will be 7-9. Remember you played us twice whcih were 2 easy wins which we will not let happen again and you beat buffalo when they were doing bad.

QB Peyton Manning
RB Ladanian Tomlinson
WR Randy Moss
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Torry Holt
TE Tony Gonzalez
T Johnathan Ogden
G Alan Faneca
C Olin Kreutz
G Will Sheilds
T Orlando Pace

DE Julius Peppers
DE Jason Taylor
DT Marcus Stroud
DT Richard Seymour
OLB Keith Bulluck
MLB Ray Lewis
OLB Derrick Brooks
CB Chris McAllister
CB Champ Bailey
S Ed Reed
S Brian Dawkins

Nasty said:
Culpepper overrated?? :crazy:He is the second best QB in the league only to Manning... He had MVP numbers last year but of course Payton was breakin records. Oh, and Culpepper put up alot of those numbers WITHOUT Randy Moss... (Remember... he got hurt)

Nasty

How has he done in big games? and check my last post to show you the
"great" #s he put up when Moss was hurt. He is the most overrated player in the game by far. Puts up great fantasy #s but when iot counts he shrinks.

How about playoffs in GB this year:
W,31-17 19 cmp 29 att 284 yds 4 td 0 int 6 rushes 54 yds.(137.1 rating). Is that GREAT enough for you? Is a playoff game big enough for you?

1 playoff game against a medicore Packer team. I stand corrected :shakeno:

As for sucking the end of the last 2 years.....in his last 4 regular season games of '04 he had 9 td's and 1 int. 115 qb rating. Brutal??

He put up 10 points against Washington w/ the playoffs on the line. Yeah they had 18 but they got a TD and 2 pt conv w/ seconds left so it was meaningless(like most of his #s are meaningless b/c he doesn't do it when you need it).

In Ari in '03 again w/ the playoffs on the line he led Minny to 17 points against an atrocious Cardinal D that had given up 28, 44, 30, 28, 50, 20 & 28 the previous 7 weeks. On average they gave up 33 PPG going into that game and they held Daunte & Co. to 17. Yeah he's big time :lol:

Ark139954 said:
dude shutup, the jets r going to suck this year. chad pennington is the most overrated qb and martin will not play as well as he did last year...i have no clue how you guys had a good defense but im sure it wont be as good this year. i bet you guys will be 7-9. Remember you played us twice whcih were 2 easy wins which we will not let happen again and you beat buffalo when they were doing bad.

Great post :shakeno: We played you twice which were 2 easy wins is correct but why won't it happen again? We are still alot better and we have owned you since 1998 going 11-3.

nyjunc said:
Great post :shakeno: We played you twice which were 2 easy wins is correct but why won't it happen again? We are still alot better and we have owned you since 1998 going 11-3.
it won't happen again because this year we can stop the run and we also have a RB, a couple of them which is more then you have. I wouldn't put my faith in a old Curtis Martin. The Jets made a huge mistake by not keeping L.Jordon.

nick1 said:
it won't happen again because this year we can stop the run and we also have a RB, a couple of them which is more then you have. I wouldn't put my faith in a old Curtis Martin. The Jets made a huge mistake by not keeping L.Jordon.

Oh ok, you know you'll stop the run this year well what about then pass? W/ a healthy Chad, the return of Coles and the acquisition of a pass catching TE we'll be throwing more efficiently.

The Jets did not make a huge mistake overpaying for lamont to be a backup, if Lamont was going to start then yes but as a backup they signed a quality backup for less $. Our D is top 5 and getting better while our O should be light years ahead of last year and that's bad news for you guys since we dropped 41 on you :D

Back
Top Bottom