Your All-Pro team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pro team

nick1 said:
alright nyjunc I asked a Bills fan because he was a neutral party and this is what he said

that i one person's opinion and he is obviously thinking of Taylor from a few years ago. The #s don't lie, he is trending downward.

nyjunc said:
that i one person's opinion and he is obviously thinking of Taylor from a few years ago. The #s don't lie, he is trending downward.
whatever, he will post big numbers this year and then you better change your opinion

nick1 said:
whatever, he will post big numbers this year and then you better change your opinion

If he proves me wrong I'll admit I made a mistake but I think the years of wear and tear on a small body(for a DE obviously) have taken it's toll and he is on the donwside of a very good career.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- LaDanian Tomlinson
FB- Fred Beasley
WR- Randy Moss
WR- Marvin Harrison
TE- Tony Gonzalez
T- Orlando Pace
T- Walter Jones
G- Will Shields
G- Alan Faneca
C- Kevin Mawue
DE- Dwight Freeney
DE- Julius Peppers
DT- Richard Seymour
DT- Shawn Rogers
OLB- Derrick Brooks
OLB- Takeo Spikes
MLB- Ray Lewis
CB- Champ Bailey
CB- Chris McAllister
S- Ed Reed
S- Rodney Harrison
K- Adam Vinateri
P- Shane Lechler
KR/PR- Dante Hall

I've seen at least 2 people put Terrell Suggs on there as an OLB in a 4-3 defense.

I'm not 100% certain on how they are going to use them in their new scheme this year (46/4-3 hybrid defense)......but he was a DE in college and a one-dimensional pass rusher as a 3-4 OLB, so I don't know how much confidence I'd have in him to play OLB in the 4-3??

popularwar said:
Good friend of mine is a Texans fan, he goes on and on about how Dunta should have been DROTY. I really like him too, he played very well which is an accomplishment with the Texans' D-Line.

The only reason he wasn't DROY was b/c he didn't play in New York. Corner is the toughest position (besides QB) to come in as a rookie and play well at. He is going to be a terrific pro. Just wish he would've made the play in OT vs. Tennessee in '03.

Phinphanatic13 said:
The only reason he wasn't DROY was b/c he didn't play in New York. Corner is the toughest position (besides QB) to come in as a rookie and play well at. He is going to be a terrific pro. Just wish he would've made the play in OT vs. Tennessee in '03.

Everyone seems to be forgeting about a young stud cornerback named DeAngelo Hall . Who is younger(only 21) and if he wouldnt have got hurt would have proved he is better than Mr Robinson. Even when he came back and before he got hurt he was playing like a pro-bowler.

QB-Manning
RB-Tomlinson
WR-Moss
WR-Harrison
WR-Johnson
TE-Gates
T-Jones
G-Faneca
C-Mawae
G-Waters
T-Ogden

DE-Peppers
DT-Stroud
DT-Jenkins
DE-Taylor
LB-Bulluck
LB-Lewis
LB-Peterson
CB-Mcallister
CB-Surtain
SS-Polamalu
FS-Reed

My 2004 All Pro Team...this is based on what I saw and remember about the 2004 season. It is not a lifetime achievment team.

Brady is the Q.B. because he is the best player in the league. I'll argue that until the end of time. Give me Brady over Culpepper and Manning any
day of the week.

Chad Johnson gets the nod because he see a lot more double coverage then Harrison and still makes plays.

Gates over Gonzolaz because he was just more of a play maker.

I saw a lot of the Seabags and every game Steve Hutchinson just impressed the hell out of me. He barely gets the nod over Fonoti from San Diego.

Offense
QB: Tom Brady, Patriots
RB: L.T., Chargers
FB: Tony Richardson, Chiefs
WR: Terrell Owens, Eagles
WR: Chad Johnson, Bengals
TE: Antonio Gates, Chargers
T: Walter Jones, Seabags
T: William Roaf, Chiefs
G: Steve Hutchinson, Seabags
G: Alen Faneca, Steelers
C: Kevin Mawae, Jets

Taylor over Freeney becasue Taylor is better against the run and had less talent on the D-line around him in 2004. Freeney is overrated.

Williams makes it becasue he had no one to help him and still made plays. Stround and Henderson cancel each other out although I think Henderson is the better of the two.

Donnie Edwards makes it because the guy is always around the ball. He's the most underrated player in football in my opinion.

James Farrior makes it becasue he was an absolute monster all year. Anyone who takes Ray Lewis in 2004 over James Farrior of 2004 could not have watched any football last year. The next time you watch a Ravens game keep your eyes on Ray Lewis and see how little the man does. He's the best player in the game at falling on the pile and self promotion...he is an average middle linebacker (now) in my opinion.

Sheldon Brown makes it becasue he was so good everytime I saw the Eagles. He is a better player then Lito Sheppard although Sheppard made the Pro Bowl.

McCallister makes it becasue it was a bad year for corners. Law was hurt, Bailey was terrible and Surtain was average.

I really wanted to put Sam Madison as the other corner (I think he had a Pro Bowl season) but then I would have lost all credibilty.

Defense
DE: Jason Taylor, Dolphins
DT: Kevin Williams, Vikings
DT: Richard Seymour, Patriots
DE: Julius Peppers, Panthers
OLB: Donnie Edwards, Chargers
MLB: James Farrior, Steelers
OLB: Keith Bullock, Titans
CB: Sheldon Brown, Eagles
CB: Chris McCallister, Ravens
FS:Brian Dawkins, Eagles
SS: Ed Reed, Ravens

Welker gets this spot because of the patchwork condition of the Dolphin special team units all year. He was a game breaker on a team that had guys fresh off the street playing special teams because of all the injuries.

Special Teams:
KR/PR: Wesley Welker, Dolphins
P: Shane Lechler, Raiders
K: Adam Vinatieri, Patriots

nyjunc said:

Taylor is trending downward? Is that because his sack numbers are down?

Sacks are an overrated statistic...perhaps the most overrated stat in all of sports.

Taylor was better then ever last year. The literally got doubled or at least chipped on every down. He was playing on a bad team, with no defensive tackles and a very average end on the other side, in a scheme that had no originality. Yet, he played his a$$ off every snap and had a damn good year.

Name me 3 defensive ends in the NFL that are better. If you say John Abraham is one of them I'll laugh myself silly...

Dan Krieder of Pittsburg would have to be the fullback. There is no better blocking back in the game.

unifiedtheory said:
Taylor is trending downward? Is that because his sack numbers are down?

Sacks are an overrated statistic...perhaps the most overrated stat in all of sports.

Taylor was better then ever last year. The literally got doubled or at least chipped on every down. He was playing on a bad team, with no defensive tackles and a very average end on the other side, in a scheme that had no originality. Yet, he played his a$$ off every snap and had a damn good year.

Name me 3 defensive ends in the NFL that are better. If you say John Abraham is one of them I'll laugh myself silly...
I know Abraham is one person that he is thinking... he made a post on another thread, KBJ was on his list. I agree with you that sacks are overrated, and I can't wait until the Jets and every other team in the NFL sees how good JT will be next year with Kevin Carter on the D-line, even Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor are added bonuses too.

nyjunc said:
Not a bad list. I'd take out the overrated Culpepper and the Dolphins you have on D that are past their primes but other than that it's pretty good.

I like Culpepper at the top. I would take Zach off and put in Lewis. JT deserves to be on the list, the only other defensive right end that comes close is Simion Rice

QB-D.Culpepper
RB-L.Tomlinson
WR-T.Owens
WR-R.Moss
WR-C. Johnson
TE-A.Gates
LT-J. Ogden
LG-A.Faneca
C-K. Mawea
RG-B.Waters
RT-Orlando Pace

LE-J.Peppers