Your Division Alignments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Division Alignments

I'm so sick of the division we are currently in.Would love to see a realignment based on locations.
Dolphins
Jags
Bucks
Falcons.

easier would be change division names. Red, White, Blue, and Gold. Now worries about location. Besides, it's more realistic than realignment.

The Milwaukee Bucks aren't in the NFL.

And save your breath, they had a chance to stick us in a southern division in 2002 and the powers that be thought it best to move Indy out of the east rather than put Miami in the south where they belong. What, too many great rivalries with the Jets Bills Patriots? Please!

Don't look for it to change in your lifetime. It won't.

I think today the NFL is hoping everyone is primarily a TV viewer, so they can identify with multiple teams. With that in mind, all of the Florida teams are in different divisions and in deference to the OG Dolphins, we're the only one in the AFC. I'm fine with that. The NFL wants people to follow multiple teams, and I also kinda follow the Raiders, so it's worked with me. I also really enjoy NFL Red Zone, so I've grown to appreciate a lot of different teams in addition to the Dolphins. I'm interested in these division races more than just how they impact Miami. But, like you, I'd rather the geographic divisions were more closely aligned. But I'm sure Steven Ross wouldn't. The value of the Miami Dolphins is definitely effected by being in the same market as NYC and Boston (and all of New England). He's not willing to give that up.

Too many old time match-ups to do it the right way. The NFL doesn't want to lose Green Bay / Chicago or Dallas / NY. I used to like the East / Central / West alignment but then you'd ask yourself "why the **** are the Colts in the AFC East and not the Central?"

nfl-map-complete.png

The Milwaukee Bucks aren't in the NFL.

And save your breath, they had a chance to stick us in a southern division in 2002 and the powers that be thought it best to move Indy out of the east rather than put Miami in the south where they belong. What, too many great rivalries with the Jets Bills Patriots? Please!

Don't look for it to change in your lifetime. It won't.

Tampa Bay Bucs.

But ya I get it, its not a hard division though. Buffalo and NY are beatable teams, its the Patriots I cant stand seeing twice a year.

We're the only team that has to fly more than 3 hours to play any of our division rivals. That just doesn't seem right.
The strongest vote against moving us out of this division is certain to come form Steven Ross. The NYC and Boston markets are stronger than any of the southern markets, and he's not devaluing his asset by that much. In fact, I'm pretty sure any realignment talk begins with teams like Miami insisting on staying with the NYC and Boston markets, and the Cowboys staying in the NYC, DC and Philly markets. For these billionaires, it's hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, so they're going to fight to be in divisions with big markets.

When you look at the map we simply do not belong in that division, but it's never going to change. We are at a major disadvantage in the winter that's for sure.

I doubt they would ever put all 3 Florida teams in one division. I always thought it would make sense to put Baltimore(back) in the AFC East, put Indy in the North and Miami in the South

This will never happen for too many reasons but really, it's all about money and those big rivalries bring in tons of money.

Too many old time match-ups to do it the right way. The NFL doesn't want to lose Green Bay / Chicago or Dallas / NY. I used to like the East / Central / West alignment but then you'd ask yourself "why the **** are the Colts in the AFC East and not the Central?"

nfl-map-complete.png

Dolphins
Bucs
Falcons
Jaguars

Seahawks
Raiders
9ers
Rams

Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Cardinals

Vikings
Packers
Bears
Lions

Patriots
Bills
Jets
Giants

Browns
Bengals
Steelers
Ravens

Cowboys
Texans
Saints
Titans

Panthers
Redskins
Eagles
Colts

That should be the divisions. It's geographically close and you keep most of the big rivalries with potential for very good new ones.

Of course it will never happen though.

I'm so sick of the division we are currently in.Would love to see a realignment based on locations.
Dolphins
Jags
Bucks
Falcons.

Yeah... never really made sense geographically.... probably has more to do with big market television deals

Back
Top Bottom